Yes, iPhone 5s cases do fit on the iPhone SE
1. GreenMan (Posts: 915; Member since: 09 Nov 2015)
Well, Haters will always be haters, period...
As many know, I'm a Nexus (Nexus 5) and Windows Phone user (Lumia 430), never owned an iPhone before...
But I believe that everything has its strengths and weaknesses...
Android's strength is its versatility...
Windows Phone's strenght is it's user friendly interface & overall fluidness... Even my cheap Lumia 430 glides on WP8.1...
And Apple's biggest strength is... Well, it's simple... It's fluid... It's highly encrypted and secure (at least for now)... Bloat is scant... And updates are fast and you can enjoy up to 3 major OS updates... And the experience gets even better if you own a Mac...
THE APPLE'S ECO SYSTEM IS PERFECT...
As of now, I'm waiting iPhone 5S prices to go down so I can get my paws on one... No longer considering Samsung S6...!
Yes, I buy slightly dated phones at dirt cheap rates!
21. tyrionTheWise (unregistered)
5S is 2.5 year old. That's a dinosaur, not slightly dated.
25. yoosufmuneer (Posts: 1491; Member since: 14 Feb 2015)
Maybe in Games and stuff but I've seen 5s taking a hit in performance in iOS 8 & 9 probably due to planned obscolence. 5s on iOS 7 would be a monster
26. marorun (Posts: 3139; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Android strength is not only versatility but ability to choose any OEM and keep all purchases.
I had phone from : HTC , LG , Motorola , nexus , sony and samsung and i have much more oem to choose from and keep all my stuff.
Another strength of android is very harsh competition forces OEM to give more for your money compared to other OS ( and iOS been the worst as only 1 OEM make handset for it )
Also many android handset thats dont use crappy skin are butter fluid with very low end hardware you cannot judge android based on some OEM who put too much crap on the skin and make it lag..
ios device after 2 updates start to show sign of been old and using a mac is not a good options for everyone even less if you are a gamer as nearly 90% of the games available on PC are not on MAC and MAC are very overpriced ( as usual with apple product )
Apple eco system is far from perfect to be perfect its would need to have more OEM making iOS device wich will NEVER happen.
Get a Moto G 2015 great lil device thats is ultra fluid and waterproof.
3. gaming64 (Posts: 234; Member since: 22 Mar 2016)
Is this article even worth making? We all know the phone has the same dimension as the iPhone 5. What the hell?
4. jeevanand88 (Posts: 152; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)
No wonder if it also fits iphone 3Gs, 4 and 4S.. :D
5. IAMBLCKJ3ZUS (Posts: 215; Member since: 29 Sep 2015)
Okay genuinely confused here is it me or did Apple just remove parts from old devices and put new parts and a paint job on the same body and cut their own coast to build in half. While increasing the price at the same time? Are we really giving them a pass for lack of innovation, but send other oems to slaughter for doing the same? Not even 720p display... When will people take off the beer goggles.
9. nctx77 (Posts: 1700; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Did you even watch the keynote? The yes the SE is a rebadge 5s from a shell standpoint, but the guts and camera are all up to date with the 6s. Also, it's cheaper at $399. I don't know where you got an increase in price from. This is just a phone that will replace the out going iPhone 5s, not the iphone 7.
12. IAMBLCKJ3ZUS (Posts: 215; Member since: 29 Sep 2015)
Umm what I'm saying is that you can get 5s for like 150, why buy a 399 phone when people with older iPhone obviously don't care about specs. No innovation there trying to milk a cow with swollen nipples.
28. marorun (Posts: 3139; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
NCTX77 not only USA exist...
Here in Canada its 25$ more for the iphone SE 16 gb..
Still its not as bad as iphone 6 and 6S pricing.
24. monoke (Posts: 272; Member since: 14 Mar 2015)
They did. The part is called the A9 chip. Isheeps will line up in droves! Buhaha!
27. marorun (Posts: 3139; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Apple been doing this since years..
Iphone 3GS 8 gb onboard memory chip been reused in iphone 4S ( after they discontinued the 16 gb model )
is one more example.
6. tyrionTheWise (unregistered)
The iPhone SE is looking worse and worse as the reports are coming in.
- No 3D touch
- old s**tty fingerprint reader (yes, I have tried the 5s, it's garbage).
- STILL uses 640p screen (come on apple).
- No OIS.
- pricing is trash outside US.
- 1.2 MP front facing camera.
I know I loved it yesterday. But these are putting me off.
Does anyone know if it uses the same SSD as in the 6s? Or did they cheap out here too.
7. gaming64 (Posts: 234; Member since: 22 Mar 2016)
It's an effort to make a cheap iPhone, which is B.S. to me.
18. oozz009 (Posts: 517; Member since: 22 Jun 2015)
Wow what a hater!! Your pointing out only the negatives and not the positives.
- A9 processor that is only a little behind the snapdragon 820 found on GS7 and other android flagships.
- Same 12MGX-cam as the iPhone 6S which is on top 10 cameras even toady.
- Front facing only 1.2 MP but supports front facing flash (Retina Flash) just like in iPhone 6s. By the way, the front facing cam is probably the one used on the iPhone 6 and not the same as 5s, hence still an improvement.
- Even iPhone 6 and 6S have no OIS and you except this one to have it LOL
- Battery is superior against iPhone 6 and 6S (thanks to the A9 and lower resolution display0 but a little inferior against 6 Plus and 6S plus.
- A level of futerproofing! Will be able to handle iOS 10 and iOS 11 (.1, .2, .3) smoothly without a doubt. Will also be updated to iOS 12 but by then, slowdowns are expected.
19. gaming64 (Posts: 234; Member since: 22 Mar 2016)
1. You have one bad English
2. Everything you stated are just assumptions from a typical internet keyboard warrior a.k.a. iFan
3. You suck.
20. tyrionTheWise (unregistered)
Obviously i will point out the negatives only. Modern flagships are characterized by their flaws, not their good features.
It costs 587$ for 16GB in here. It's more than what the iPhone 6 costs, and only 50$ below 6s. Now go figure.
Let me ask you this: Give me 1 good reason to buy this and not spend 50$ more and get the 6s. Or spend 100$ more and get the s7(which comes with a 100$ gear VR free). Or Save 150$ and get an S6 for 450$.
23. refillable (Posts: 1044; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
With proper reasons, this phone will only appeal to a very small market, to the ones who prefer Apple products and Thinks that 4" is the perfect sized phone. Otherwise, this phone is pointless I think. If you prefer Android, you might as well wait for the S7 mini. There aren't also a lot of people who think that the advantage of having a bad 4" screen outweighs the disadvantages.
30. marorun (Posts: 3139; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
This phone will sell well with business thats dont want to pay more.
even at 50-100$ less than 6S make this on a 100 lines account... lots of saving.
29. marorun (Posts: 3139; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Its use same memory as iphone 6S so the performance are identical at least they did not cheap out on those.
for the rest i agree fully with you.
8. natypes (Posts: 1079; Member since: 02 Feb 2015)
I bet someone is getting fired at Apple for this mistake.
10. nctx77 (Posts: 1700; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Umm, 30 million 4 inch iPhone devices sold in 2015 with old specs. Tim Cook was at the event yesterday to celebrate the new device. Who is going to fire who?
11. natypes (Posts: 1079; Member since: 02 Feb 2015)
I meant about the case. Referring to Apples obsolescence and always making people buy new accessories.
And I wish them horrible sales. Last thing we need is the 'phone idiots' making a case for smaller screens being popular again. Even Apple fans have to feel this way. 'Phone idiots' being the ones that want simple phones with small screens and bad specs.
15. willy.4 (Posts: 37; Member since: 14 Oct 2015)
Oh Apple where old is new again............ LOL ha ha
16. gaming64 (Posts: 234; Member since: 22 Mar 2016)
If the iPhone SE didn't reuse the design, the legacy of the 5/5s as the most beautifully designed iPhone wouldn't be ruined.
17. oozz009 (Posts: 517; Member since: 22 Jun 2015)
Just an additional reason for iPhone 5 and 5c users to upgrade to the SE. :) (Well for 5S users also I guess)..
22. gaming64 (Posts: 234; Member since: 22 Mar 2016)
I am an iPhone 5 user. Will I be upgrading to this? No. Would I want a 6s? Much better.