Windows Phone 7.8 rolling out to overseas Nokia Lumia 800 models now
The update can be noticed immediately with a Windows Phone 8 style splash screen and resizable Live Tiles. Other changes expected include a Bing lock screen image of the day, new wallpapers and twenty new themes with different colored accents.
If you own the device, or any of the other Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 7.5 models, you might want to check to see if the update is waiting for you by connecting to Zune. Let us know if it has arrived by leaving a comment in the box below.
source: WP7.nl (translated) via WMPoweruser
1. rihel_95 posted on 16 Dec 2012, 10:52 12
Hoped for WP8, but atleast NOKIA is not among the companies who leave out the old phones.
6. Pedro0x posted on 16 Dec 2012, 13:41 2
It is mobile from October 26th 2011, this is not an old mobile. So basically this mobile had 1 year support, wow. And it only got WP 7.8 which is light years from jelly bean.
13. ogy_dogy posted on 16 Dec 2012, 16:34 2
and how many android devices (percentage please) are running even jellybean 4.1? please do not compare wp support with android support...
19. wassup posted on 16 Dec 2012, 19:37 0
why? because most Android devices atleast see 2 major upgrades as opposed to the 800s 1? (if you can call a new launcer a firmware update)?
please, MS dropped the ball on the WP7 phones, how do you know they won't do the same to the current WP8?
20. Shubham412302 posted on 16 Dec 2012, 20:39 2
only the flagships recieve updates
most of the phones do not recieve
sgs, sgs+, htc ov, s xperia sola, xperia u and many other are on the same android version which it was shipped on.......
samsung updates only s2, s3, note, note 2 only frquently,,, others recieve updates too late
31. Pedro0x posted on 17 Dec 2012, 11:28 0
Well they are not couting in rooted mobiles and I have a 2,5 old mobile (SGS1) and I am running on android 4.1.2 and can flash android 4.2 so I still have support.
4. harsh_doshi posted on 16 Dec 2012, 11:08 1
nothing here in india atm..:(..hoping the update will be coming atleast by tomorrow.
9. haseebzahid posted on 16 Dec 2012, 14:14 0
:D i already flased mine 3 days ago with 7.8 navifirm seems legit
10. djripster posted on 16 Dec 2012, 14:30 0
anyone with the '059J3G0' Lumia 800 get the update :?
30. haseebzahid posted on 17 Dec 2012, 10:36 1
OMG its mine too sorry no update although i flashed it with 7.8 last week :D
OS version = 7.10.8858.136
firmware = 1750.0823.8858.12460
32. djripster posted on 17 Dec 2012, 18:38 0
Tried installing a different variant too... wondered if I should revert back and try the official update
33. haseebzahid posted on 18 Dec 2012, 03:29 0
if the offical update number is higer then the nivifirm then yes it will recive it
11. Just_a_boy posted on 16 Dec 2012, 15:08 0
My Lumia 800 has the version 7.10.8773.98 and nothing yet
18. cse.vicky posted on 16 Dec 2012, 19:17 0
Anybody with some hope on Samsung Omnia W update to 7.8 ?
24. simad3 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 00:09 0
I hope so. But doubt it. I think only Nokia will put in the effort to release the update. All the other companies are busy with Android.
27. Aphorism posted on 17 Dec 2012, 04:01 0
Where are you?
Nothing yet here. Germany nor Austria.
22. vvelez5 posted on 16 Dec 2012, 21:55 0
Waiting for my US 900 to update. I'm going to be waiting for some time.
35. amilau posted on 03 Feb 2013, 02:46 0
(ech ti ti pi) dub dub dub windowsphonehacker.com/articles/want_windows_phone_7.8_now_try_this_easy_tool-01-31-13
and was able to get the 7.8 update.. try it.
26. sallu posted on 17 Dec 2012, 01:13 0
I had updated my lumia 710 from Nokia care, 7.8 it nice...
29. djay_434 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 09:02 0
no update till now for Lumia 800 in India - just checked up after reading the above blog post.