WhatsApp missing from Windows Phone Store
One possibility is that since the app didn't work well on Windows Phone 8.1, WhatsApp decided to take it down until its tech team could offer a version that works with Windows Phone 8.1. This way, no Windows Phone user will have a bad experience with it, while waiting for a version that will work with the updated platform.
WhatsApp is waiting for foreign regulators to give the all-clear sign to Facebook's $19 billion acquisition of the company. Last month, the FCC approved the deal on the condition that WhatsApp and Facebook follow through on the promises made to WhatsApp users before, during and after the bid was made by Facebook. The agency wants to hold Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg to his promise that "We are absolutely not going to change plans around WhatsApp and the way it uses user data."
As far as Windows Phone users are concerned, it all doesn't mean a thing unless WhatsApp returns to the platform.
source: WhatsApp via WPCentral
1. james1 (Posts: 97; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
First signs that Facebook is doing a terrible job managing Whatsapp.
18. boosook (Posts: 1239; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Or first stigns that Microsoft is doing a terrible job managing Windows Phone.
30. jroc74 (Posts: 5275; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Right....and just how many other platforms are having this same issue with Whatsapp?
51. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
It's not Facebook (you dilding dodo), it's probably Micro$oft trying to force everyone (AGAIN) to use their "Universal" (we control everything) Log-In; you know like, Hotmail, Skype, Live ID all-in-one. Horrible, or like the French would say, Horrible!
3. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
"Whatsapp has been a problem since I first got my 920, 2 years ago. Notifications and crashes. Not sure whether its the app or OS or just my ISP. Well just hope that Whatsapp make a new one that doesn't give to many problems."
One of the many negative comments on the quality of this app for Windows Phone. I'm sure Facebook is busy fixing things so the app can be put back in the store. They don't want to miss any important data that they can sell.
4. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1018; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Well, at least Windows Phone 7 users aren't affected :)
5. xoxoGeorges (Posts: 209; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
The beta is still here and was updated just yesterday, so they're definitely not bailing out
6. lyndon420 (Posts: 2725; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Gone are the simple days when people just texted each other. I still don't get the hype behind using this app lol.
9. Doakie (Posts: 1596; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Some countries haven't gone to unlimited SMS included with plans. They charge very high rates per text, so people use Whatsapp to send messages through data instead of SMS.
23. tech2 (Posts: 2919; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
In addition to Doakie, people can also IM photos and videos without any restriction of border which a carrier would've charged in a form of international tariff what not.
I've even removed hangouts from my shortcuts on dock with Whatsapp and Viber.
7. vinod323 (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 May 2014)
Ohhh......whatsapp is really missing....i just checked the store.....
Whatsapp had too many issues and bugs seens on WP8....
but guys...when i updated my phone to WP8.1....it is doing very well......
after OS update, its never crashes when sliding up....notifications also very good...
overall it was OS fault....but not the app.....
now its gone from store.....
it means if we uninstall it....we never gonna see it on wp or what...??????
26. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Your trying to say it has hardly no major apps and games?
I believe you if you are
On Android and ios and BB it has the apps that I'm looking for but on WP it does not
53. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
If WP had NO apps, why would PA specifically put up a section for WP in their monthly round up of the best apps and games?
Arte, stop with the trolling dude. You're only spoiling your reputation at PA. If you hate WP, then don't even look at its articles. Why do you troll? WP has all the popular apps found in the iOS and Android app stores. Stop with the cribbing.
59. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I said "no major apps and games"
54. AJagtiani (Posts: 466; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)
Saying BB has the apps i'm looking forward to but WP doesn't shows how ignorant and stupid you are. The BB app store has only 100,000 apps, while WP store has 250,00 plus apps. Not only in terms of quantity, WP has better and way more apps than BB even in quality.
So stop with your trolling, you cheap POS.
60. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Ab hominem attack
Take it easy
No need to be repulsive
Tone it down jealous jelly
65. papss (unregistered)
I say keep it up.. don't respect people who are pothetic lossers who can't handle a comment section without trolling
11. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
hahahahaha I love it when I see WP having problems. an app with 0.5 billion users is not something to play with.
13. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1597; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
I know you do, because you hate seeing non-Android platforms grow. KitKat had similar problems. A lot of app reviews had the complaints. Better for the app to exist without any major problems than give the users a bitter time.
14. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3681; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I see kitkat had problems only ART runtime, it was fine on dalvik.
17. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 382; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
No, WhatsApp ran fine on Dalvik on Android, problems arose on ART only.
21. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1597; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
This was about some apps in general. The new update causes some app to cock up but Comment #11 doesn't realise that same thing happens on other OS's.
16. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1597; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
And read the article before you comment.
19. sip1995 (Posts: 1240; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
What the f**k are you doing here moron, it's a Windows Phone topic....not a Lagdroid topic.
22. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
I know it's a windows lagf@rt cheap topic, I came here to make fun of cheap wp wannabes, and you poopped up. May nokia's soul rip btw. :(
34. sip1995 (Posts: 1240; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
Make fun ? Okay, so now because of you....I'll be on EVERY Lagdroid topic and I'll more ANNOYING than ever before.
37. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
hahahahahaha I'm about to cry. the truth about wp? it doesn't work, it has no apps, no one cares for it, more than 70% of it sales come from dirt cheap phones (520,620), developers hate it, major companies make 1/year while making 50 androids at the same time, it's looks terrible squares everywhere. no one cares about it
39. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Well said and true
Even high end 1520 1020 given for free on carriers didn't help sales, that means and shows no one want and likes WP No apps and ganes restricted platform
42. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Hey the sip 1995. ...hey jelly
Stop being jelly
38. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Well that's good look forward for you to troll on Android
But wait Android lags on low budget phones and slightly more on miss. Doesn't lag on high end unless it's Touchwiz cause Touchwiz is fully loaded and only S805 and other high end Cpu can eliminate lag totally lag free
So even if you do troll on Android you will fail due to Android being a full fledged and fully speced loaded platform unlike WP no apps and games also Wp8.1 receiving half of Androids features
So your trolling on Android will be an "EPIC FAIL"
Try harder next time jelly user
43. sip1995 (Posts: 1240; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
Okay then, why don't you give me back my 350€ for a Lagdroid phone i gave and it still don't have the Kit Kat update.
47. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3681; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Which phone €350 sir. My moto G and Nexus 7 both are running CM ROM, and I use ART runtime(no VM needed), there is absolutely no lag, whatsover. Yeah sometimes my moto G slows down when there are too many apps open, but thats because of 1gb ram.
50. sip1995 (Posts: 1240; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
I meant official updates....not the CM that is better than the official one.
63. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3681; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I was specifically talking about lagdroid part.
61. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
That's because of the Cpu
The Android system re flushes and closes the unused apps
25. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
O look poor jelly user getting so offended cause when spoken of truth about WP really hurts you
13thking is right 3% market share only
MS is spending more revenue on its platform than spending more on W8 and still it's failing knowing that WP8 sucks and no public likes that failing OS
Just give up MS no one wants your no apps and games platform
Every commercial and adds as well as company making their product only offers ios and Android , no WP
3 platforms is more than enough
BB iOs Android. No need for WP
55. AJagtiani (Posts: 466; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)
What an ignorant cheap troll. Go back to your planet. On earth, only Android, iOS & WP are relevant.
62. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Says the "Troll who has the avatar of a Troll"
24. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
That's what you get on this no apps and game platform
Problems and excuses bla bla bla
This WP platform sucks I never use or browse on it cause bing and zune sucks with no flash
I only use the phone to take super pictures
56. AJagtiani (Posts: 466; Member since: 24 Apr 2014)
"zune sucks with no flash"
^ This above clearly shows your stupidity and ignorance. Why are you you even alive? Zune was discontinued in WP after the intro of WP8. GO BACK TO YOUR PLANET.
27. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
What is that suppose to mean ?
Are you referring to what Straightedge nexus. ..?
28. Chrisyahya (Posts: 59; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
because Whatsapp is preparing to release very major version. stay tuned.
31. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
By time WP users get it back, it'll be on the down slide of popularity.
Everyone I knew that used it prior to PhacadeBook getting involved, dumped it already, so no huge loss.
33. Liveitup (Posts: 1776; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
The app was pulled to for bugs to be ironed out, this happens to apps on all platforms. It will return.
41. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Where is Sgodsell and Alterecho and CorporateJP
46. Totse2k15 (Posts: 342; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Please add video call chat, till then, it's just like other chat apps out there. Overrated/overhyped app.
49. Jehovah (Posts: 69; Member since: 25 Jun 2013)
This will be a complete disaster for the brazillian market where Whatsapp is the main reason people upgrade from feature phones to smartphones. It is THE app that alures both occasional users and hardcore fans. As a huge fan of Nokia (and now an unwilling soldier from Microsoft), I hope this can be solve as soon as possible.