Verizon HTC One confirmed for August 22nd release
1. DoctorWho (Posts: 6; Member since: 15 Aug 2008)
6 months late and $199!? You can get one for $49.99 with AT&T and Sprint. Verizon needs to get their sh!t together. This will flop.
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5918; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I doubt it will flop, but it certainly won't be the success it could have been if released in the May timeframe.
7. quakan (Posts: 1214; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
No it will flop. iPhone and Note 3 are coming next month so this came too late.
8. tomn1ce (Posts: 103; Member since: 12 Mar 2012)
Not everyone sit around reading tech/phone blogs....I'm pretty sure that most people don't have a clue what device and when its coming to a specific carrier....
15. Jillxz (Posts: 147; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
tomn1ce You are so right. The average consumers don't
10. roldefol (Posts: 3089; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
because the iPhone and Note 3 are direct competitors, eh
21. ardent1 (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
It's more about the entire Apple product line. With the deep pocket customers moving to LTE, Verizon still wants to push as many 3G iPhones as possible. A free iPhone 4S on contract would be a great deal for a lot of customers and a coup for Verizon as well.
20. ardent1 (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
That is a good point that people don't get. iPhones are big sellers for Verizon and that the latest iPhone IMPACTS the prices on the older iPhones.
I think people are smart enough to wait one month to see if the iPhone 5C is real and what Verizon does with the 5 and 4S.
19. ardent1 (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
You bring up a valid point -- by being six months late, it hurts the resale value. On top of that, Verizon wants top dollar for the phone when the other carriers are giving better deals.
I like Verizon (I have a huge balance in my prepaid acc't that I can use for contract service), but I am going to wait one month after the new iPhone comes out to see what deals Verizon will offer for the HTC and Moto phones.
3. ILikeBubbles (Posts: 302; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
i plan on getting one... but i've certainly lost a lot of faith in verizon over the past year... this may be my last renewal with them... now if only t-mo had comparable coverage, or google came out with a wireless service. :p
4. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
too late, too expensive, and thanks verizon for that ugly logo all over the back!
6. noles22 (Posts: 11; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
They always have a logo on their phones, this is still a great device and their network is the best and they know it and are arrogant. Strange to release it close to the one Max phablet being announced soon.
9. Rager722 (Posts: 200; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
Maybe now 4.2.2 will come to the HTC ONE in the U.S when the Verizon one launches
11. zachattack (Posts: 590; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Y'all is trolling this site. First off the only carrier without a logo on a phone that I've seen is sprint. Their coverage isn't comparable to Verizon's so naturally verizon can taunt their logo all they want. 200$ for one of the best of 2013 on the best carrier? Ill take it easy. I've been with Verizon for years and they finally get the best phones. That's what patience is, I didn't have to sacrifice my coverage for a phone. The G2 will be the only phone competing with the One. It will not flop at all. The note 3 is a tablet not a phone and won't have anything revolutionary about it. People buy the name 90% of the time when it comes to Samsung and apple. The new apple phone doesn't have jack on the G2 or the already 6month old One. No one will build a better quality phone than HTC. Certainly not Samsung and apple is using plastic apparently also.
Moral of this story, enjoy your huge note 3s an your useless S pen. I'm buying me the much affordable best of the best.
12. suyash1629 (Posts: 22; Member since: 09 Aug 2013)
its expensive to buy HTC One on contract
14. Danishs (Posts: 147; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Droid Life > PA.
PA kept saying 29th and DL kept saying 23rd. 1-0 Droid life.
16. RomeoJDR (Posts: 240; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
And yet again your "exclusive leaked Verizon roadmap" provided by an anonymous tipster proves to be wrong. Think its about time to nix him as a credible source?
17. Danishs (Posts: 147; Member since: 23 May 2013)
PA had much more false release dates tipped by credible "sources"
22. JunitoNH (Posts: 957; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Right now at VZW, 4 = .99 and 4S = $99. Most consumers don't have a clue about the differences between 3G and LTE. Cheapest device is going to win.