Upcoming Galaxy Note 10.1 (2015) tablet leaks on a Samsung website
19. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Make it with circle bezels. Or trapeze shape!
We all are hairdressers now , and that means, we all are "design experts"
Thanks to Tim Cook.
2. surethom (Posts: 589; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
Please don't release a 16gb version because most retailers only stock the lowest gb versions. 32gb minimum please, memory is so cheap & on tablets you cannot move apps to a Sd card.
18. istockonline (Posts: 2; Member since: 28 Oct 2014)
We just dropped the price on the 32GB of the 2014 edition. Google: istockonline Samsung Galaxy Note SM-P6000 32GB
3. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
If it has metal edges, QHD screen actually supported by Exynos 7 Octa and Snapdragon 805 and has an AMOLED panel, it can be the best tab of Samsung so far.
7. tech2 (Posts: 3333; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Its no news that Samsung always delivers on the specs and I am pretty sure they'll include all of what you mentioned in their next flagship Tablet but the big question is how far the TouchWiz will optimized for tablets which Tab S wasn't.
It also needs to align more towards Android L design elements as it will create harmony amongst apps UI and TouchWiz UI.
Samsung has fixed their design, the lag is also fixed but the only thing that remains to be fixed is TouchWiz's design.
9. vincelongman (Posts: 3991; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Definitely agreed TouchWiz needs to be updated to the Material design
But I think TouchWiz on tablets actually works better compared Stock Android and iOS
Mainly because of Multi Window and also the S Pen are really handy, especially for a tablet
10. tech2 (Posts: 3333; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Well.....feature wise no other interface comes close to TouchWiz. It is truly the only UI which actually takes advantage of the big screen but it is still laggy on tablets from the reviews of Tab S I've seen. There is constant drop of frame rates and screen redraws in Erica Griffin's review I saw.
Also, it could use some cosmetic uplift by taking more design cues from Android L. Hence, creating a more visual harmony when we use G apps on TouchWiz UI.
11. vincelongman (Posts: 3991; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Yea TouchWiz still had lag issues on the S5, e.g.
But reviews are saying that its fixed on the Note 4, e.g.
So seem like Samsung has finally optimized TouchWiz
Probably wont be a problem for their next tablets
Unless TouchWiz gets unoptimized while trying to update to Material design
12. tech2 (Posts: 3333; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Thanks for the link. +1
But I don't really call this video demonstrating the 'lag' but it focuses on the 'speed' of the device. I don't really care if GS5 takes few secs more to more open the app as not only it is pushing much more pixels then iPhone but no person would be really opening and closing so many apps at a time.
However, you can see that there is no LAG on either GS5 or Note 4. But honestly, I didn't think the difference between GS5 and Note 4 would've been that big. Great job, Samsung ! Also, it is worth mentioning that iP6+ is a bit slower then iP6 as it is pushing much more pixels, far as I know.
4. greenelektron (Posts: 528; Member since: 10 Sep 2014)
Samsung wont have 4:3 aspect ratio for their tablets.
8. vincelongman (Posts: 3991; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
IMO 4:3 is too narrow for videos, movies and games
I hope its 3:2, like the Surface Pro 3
3:2 is a good middle ground between narrow 4:3 and widescreen 16:9/16:10
14. thorudk (Posts: 7; Member since: 28 Oct 2014)
Are you crazy???
A 3:2 ratio makes a screen even narrower than a 4:3 one.
23. AntiFanBoyz (unregistered)
Not sure what you're talking about... 3:2 is between 4:3 and 16:9. On a 10.1 inch screen, 4:3 is just over 8 inches long, 16:9 is just under 9 inches long, and 3:2 would be in the middle.
5. wando77 (Posts: 796; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
I want a 12.2" note with amoled and metal frame......PLEASE :)
20. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Metal WHAT????? ROTFL
Is that what concerns you????
You guys really are iNsain.
13. mr_gripper (Posts: 4; Member since: 28 Oct 2014)
FINALLY! I've been waiting for word on this for a long time. My hunch is that this will be Samsung's first 64 bit tablet using the recently announced Exynos 7 chip with the Mali T760 GPU with all 16 cores in use. That would make it a rival for the I Pad air 2. If it's less than that, it will be behind before it's begun. Super AMOLED screen would be great but for productivity uses where the screen is normally white, that might drain the battery too fast so am looking forward to seeing how they address that. Hurry up Lollipop and hurry up Samung.
15. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Since the Nexus 9 just doesn't do it for me, I might have to go with this as my Nexus 10 replacement.
17. istockonline (Posts: 2; Member since: 28 Oct 2014)
We just dropped the price on the 2014 edition. Google: istockonline Samsung Galaxy Note SM-P6000 32GB
16. Nsonaso (Posts: 11; Member since: 28 Aug 2014)
Yes this is my Tablet, the Tablet I've been waiting for please samy make sure it's super OMOLED, metal frame and Cornning Gorilla Glass
21. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Here we go again. LOL
24. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Finally! Couldn't wait for the next Samsung tab after deciding to not get the Note 10.1 2014, the Tab/NotePro or the Tab S. Really hoping for the new design, AMOLED display and the new features of TW. Looking forward to this device~
26. SharonEi (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 May 2015)
there will not be any 2015 edition instead there will be SM-P550NZAAXAR Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7" 16GB (Wi-Fi) with S Pen