Tokyo by night: a bunch of Xperia Z2 low-light photos and 4K video sample appear
16. cheetah2k (Posts: 1119; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
Blurry cam video, and constant re-focusing...... Hasn't sony fixed this already?? useless
20. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3500; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Is it only me who see grainy pics? Sony need to optimize their sensor as LG and Sammy.
22. Ashoaib (Posts: 2836; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Not bad... seems better than z1... yeah you are right, pics are grany and noise level is also too high for such a hyped camera... sony should focus on fixing it
23. RuiBacelar (Posts: 152; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
I really hope they provide those improvments to the Z1 kitkat update, way better than the current low-light pics from z1
3. TechFreak123 (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Very noisy pictures but great for a smartphone!
4. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3682; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
The noise levels are impressive considering that they are shot at full 20 megapixel resolution.
14. vincelongman (Posts: 2663; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
It's a 9mm (of the top of my head, maybe thinner) thin smartphone.
Every other smartphones have that issue, except for the Lumia 1020, but that's because of its hugh 1/1.5" sensor, which requires the big camera bump.
9. v3n0m (Posts: 8; Member since: 01 Mar 2014)
Looks good for a smartphone definitely. Sony will be part of the "big three" by the end of 2014 if they keep on doing what they are doing. They are really investing allot into their smartphones. Premium smartphones with the latest and newest technologies. Well done Sony!!
10. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1606; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
now where is galaxy s5?and htc one? wanna see what they can do lumia go sleep.
11. darkskoliro (Posts: 1058; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Bright and looks accurate, but suffers a severe amount of noise..
But who cares :) smartphone cameras are great for social and travel use, and this is very good for that standard. I'll always carry my DSLR around me to take the real photos.
15. Abinav (Posts: 8; Member since: 29 Jun 2013)
I am waiting for xperia z2 vs galaxy s5 camera comparison..
18. pwnarena (Posts: 1040; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
galaxy s5 will probably win if z2 is used on superior auto mode. SA tends to always go for a higher ISO resulting in a lot of noise. however, if the tests are done on an ISO by ISO basis, z2 will win hands down.
17. BooBooooooo (Posts: 56; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
I have never expected that Sony made fantastic devices again
19. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1606; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
i totally want to see S5 & Z2 go head to head in camera comparison,lets not forget new htc one too,...
24. GeekMovement (Posts: 1909; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
If the Oppo's 50mp camera is any less grainy I'm going to be seriously impressed because right now I don't see that happening. The photos look fine from the slideshow. I didn't view the larger images, but it is a 20mp camera in a smartphone afterall.
25. rsiders (Posts: 475; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Why don't I ever see long exposure shots on any Android phones for low light? That's one feature I would miss if I switched to Android from Windows Phone.