The iPhone 5 'static lines' keyboard glitch is a software issue, to be patched with the next iOS 6 update
The iPhone 5 keyboard glitch is a software issue, to be patched with the next iOS 6 update Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
The iPhone 5 keyboard glitch is a software issue, to be patched with the next iOS 6 update
1. Kostas_13 (Posts: 43; Member since: 07 Sep 2012)
Add one more iPhone 5 bug/problem to the list!
The list is getting bigger and bigger every day!
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
Wow Apple, i want my money back :x
7. jstahl (Posts: 79; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
He's not wendy dude. Just some random asian guy.
11. PotDragon (banned) (Posts: 214; Member since: 22 Jul 2011)
But does he have an IPhone5 or not?
It would be a new low to have claimed to deserve a refund on a phone you only have in your mind.
13. wendygarett (unregistered)
meh, just sayin :D
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 10095; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I do, and honestly haven't had a single issue with it.
19. twilliams5108 (Posts: 14; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I have had mine since sept. 21st and I have not had a single issue with it as well.
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 10095; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Exactly that's when I got mine too. Camped out.
23. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 718; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
You camped out for a phone?AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.
Apple fans never fail to amaze me :)
24. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
I camped out for Halo 3. I camp out for black fridays every year. Only enthusiasts will do that but if you dont have friends and cofee its no fun at all.
Luckily I ddnt have to camp for my iphone. Apple stores usually have plenty to go around.
Regarding the fuzzy lines. Ive seen it couple times. Its pretty cool. Tried to take a screenshot but it disappears after.
32. HäckeMáte (Posts: 168; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
I camped out for my Galaxy phone once too... Turns out it was the "Service and Repair Department" :/
26. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
If only u knew what I had to keep me occupied. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
28. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
I'm glad u did man, in amped out too its a lot of fun to b honest. Great experience
5. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
No you don't.... Who cares! Wow just look and pose with the phone....?
4. Hammerfest (Posts: 360; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Wha???? not holding it wrong? Not a user error?
Oh wait, jobs is gone they now only deny 80% of the issues instead of 100%...
8. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Apple spokesman: "Yes, we are aware of that. Yes. Wait, here's Mr. Cook - he says that.. Oh. Right. Wait, what issue? I'm sorry, this is one of our 200 new magical and revolutionary innovative features in iOS6 - iLine. Now, when you are in a password screen - the keyboard will become flooded with static lines - so that people won't see which keys you press to enter your password. And yes, we patented it!"
20. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
no you only laugh with other weak apple trolls like yourself and there stupid comments, you only find it funny when its not against your beloved apple
43. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
a bug a boo..........have i gone back to nursery or summit
31. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
I remember u used to rep apple to the max dude. What happened?
35. ilia1986 (unregistered)
I discovered the truth.
10. Wissenschaft (Posts: 10; Member since: 15 Oct 2012)
should have bought a 808 preview. it does every useful thing that an iph5 does
14. sena7 (Posts: 25; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
As per usual, non of the comments above are remotely funny or offer any further insight or perspective to the article.
On topic, I've experienced this issue every now and again on my iPhone and I didn't think anything of it. I'm glad Apple is addressing this issue with the latest update. So far, iOS6 has been very good.
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 10095; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Agreed, and I actually haven't had a single issue and I stood inline to get a first batch one on launch day.
33. loli5 (Posts: 76; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Yeah, I suppose you iFolks are used to having buggy crappy novelty phones, and the CEO telling you "eh, it's supposed to do that/YOU are the problem (antenna, purple halo, etc etc etc etc etc etc)
44. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
your word holds little as your a complete ifan who defend apple blindly and has tantrums
22. sudbury78 (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
Once again you people need to find a hobby. Apple is continuing to win this war by the fact you all get off and obsess on attempting to bash this company. They have done everything they wanted. Maybe you should obsess about the company that makes your phone?! Apple ftw
40. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1551; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
This war? Bwahahaha wow thanks for the laugh bro I needed this.
37. sudbury78 (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
Of course my comment will have thumbs down comments. How many apple fans go into android stories and bash? None. Fan droids get off on coming in and bashing the worlds greatest company. It's very amusing actually. FANDROIDs are more concerne with apple than their own phones. Hahahaha
41. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1551; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Yet you iFans are more concered with us "bashing" and what we think than to sit back stfu and enjoy your "premium" "magical" device Pffffff hahahah
42. darkkjedii (Posts: 10095; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I don't GAF what u think. U can GTH for all I care.
45. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
you must care you commented, dont go cry now like all ifans do