TMZ fooled by iPhone 6 knockoff
3. Duketytz (Posts: 534; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
I like their news post screaming to tech geeks that they got an IPhone 6. They should really work on their knowledge and their sources. Though most people will be easily fooled as well
6. NexusPhan (Posts: 585; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Yup. PhoneArena did a good job covering this knock-off correctly weeks ago.http://www.phonearena.com/news
23. cheetah2k (Posts: 1026; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
TMZ is more reliable than PhoneArena lol..
24. phljcnth (Posts: 413; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Pot calling the kettle black. I remember PhoneArena doing all those articles of "Galaxy F" leaked photos (that obviously looked fake) without even scrutinizing them.
2. Ninetysix (Posts: 1837; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Hehehe..TMZ...stick with celebrity news and stay away from tech stuff.
4. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 724; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Hmm.... l wonder what kind of OS powered all of those pathetic clones.
11. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 724; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
So, not only the best products comes from Android, but also the worst.
16. Finalflash (Posts: 2068; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Well seeing as how the iPhone's target audience was so easily tricked by it. Just goes to show that if they sold a knock off version of last year's iPhone today, their fans would be none the wiser.
9. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 833; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
I doubt they didnt knew it was a fake. All it matters is god knows how many people clicked on their articles and generated them money with ads etc. Most of those clueless people will never know it was a fake cause they wont be on phonearena. They are people who are not into tech but celebrities for them to be on that site. So TMZ did a good job fooling people that can be easily fooled and making money in the process.
10. only1post (unregistered)
"it's just not our area of expertise" !? ... come on PA, surely you can do some Kim K tosh in retaliation
14. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
We covered the Kim K mobile game that is huge right now. I think we all need at least 6 months to wash that dirt away.
17. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4546; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I don't know, you might be candy coating it a little bit. 6 months might not be enough time. lol
12. seanwhat (Posts: 227; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
What's the point of this post, just to take a jab at TMZ? that's pretty lame and pathetic to be honest.
15. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
We don't want misinformation to be paraded around as fact. The point is that now, if someone mentions the TMZ article to you, you can say why it is fake.
18. chebner (Posts: 163; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Not nearly as lame and pathetic TMZ and their followers.
19. Nobodey (Posts: 75; Member since: 03 Jan 2010)
Or to inform anyone who thought TMZ was correct that they weren't and it hasn't been leaked yet.
The jab was a bonus. =)
21. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I would like to believe that the audience who gets news from us might not overlap so much with those who also visit TMZ
26. seanwhat (Posts: 227; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
i'd never even heard of tmz before this article.
27. Nobodey (Posts: 75; Member since: 03 Jan 2010)
No, you're right. But the people who would cross over between the two of might just might be the same people who would read about this fake iPhone and then spread that falsehood to others. And.. as we now live in a world where 95% of us don't check the source of an article before reposting..
20. ryq24 (Posts: 579; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
What if TMZ was right and this is the iPhone 6? Just asking.
22. bizwhizzy (Posts: 45; Member since: 04 Aug 2011)
what if Godzilla is real, and the movies are really documentaries?
it makes no sense to ask that because its obviously fake.