Surprise, surprise: Russian YotaPhone comes with a backdoor for the KGB to spy on you (Update: Russian court order required)
1. FoneAddict (Posts: 259; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Who cares, as if Apple and other American phones don't have back doors that the NSA exploit. Everyone does it Americans included!
2. tigermcm (Posts: 851; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
at least they are admitting it this early in the game
3. Victor.H (Posts: 651; Member since: 27 May 2011)
In fact, they should not. At least that is what all the public debate is all about. And if you are actually not trolling, you might want to read about system-wide encryption on iOS 8 that seems to have upset a lot of Government officials.
7. techspace (Posts: 1033; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
But ios 8 is not NSA proof...even the police can get data off the iphones without apple's help.
9. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2134; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Only if you unlock it for them, and you are only compelled to do so if your fingerprint unlock is being used. If it isn't, and you don't unlock it, the authorities aren't getting squat.
18. marorun (Posts: 3151; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
System wide encryption with a copy of the key in the hand of the governement yeah..
Its easy to say on tv and news thats you are upset and blablabla when in the backend you still have full access..
Thats how you make population forget about how easily it is for gov to check you.
25. waddup121 (unregistered)
ey. chill fam
4. Kruze (Posts: 1285; Member since: 30 Dec 2014)
Face it, in the tech world, everyone spies. If this is a big problem for you, go back to the Nokia 3310.
8. techspace (Posts: 1033; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I don't think so....NSA records phone calls and collects SMSes.
23. Pattyface (Posts: 1519; Member since: 20 Aug 2014)
You don't think everyone spys? Only the NSA?
36. techspace (Posts: 1033; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Actually, I am trying to say that most governments spy on the phone calls and smses as well...so even those Nokia 3310s are vulnerable.
I give more examples of the NSA because it's more popular and perhaps the biggest of all the spying organizations.
27. totex71 (Posts: 9; Member since: 19 Feb 2014)
Its a matter of respect for eachother as human beings. You don't have that if you snoop around in people's private stuff. theres no execuses. this is very childish behaviour of the governments. but sadly most people are to ignorant to care.
Why would you allow them to carry all your private info which in case could be leaked and used against you etc etc.. theres no execuses for spying.
5. hound.master (Posts: 1044; Member since: 27 Feb 2015)
Well yeah but isn't it the thing that all government wants!
I'm sure China phones has one it's not surprising at all that a phone maded by a government or under government supervision have a backdoor for them.
6. hung2900 (Posts: 949; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I laughed so hard at the Soviet Union's flag.
38. AlikMalix (Posts: 5069; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
Yeah, showing that flag is the same as showing the confederate flag when talking about USA... USSR is done. It is Russia now... (completely different society, but yes some communistic rust still lingers, but in the shadows)...
11. NopeNein (Posts: 147; Member since: 04 Feb 2015)
WTF? nobody's surprised by this. XD we all know this PA,
all hail master putin.
14. NopeNein (Posts: 147; Member since: 04 Feb 2015)
atleast they're honest about it, soo...there's one.
29. hound.master (Posts: 1044; Member since: 27 Feb 2015)
Oh it's so funny.
You first comment then comment on your comment cause you forget sth and then when your angers go down you start thinking and make a comment again.(~.^):D
33. Mels13 (Posts: 91; Member since: 23 Jun 2014)
Everytime we said heil obama cuz usa spies on all phones.Russia did the same just protect itself.so why we should give yotaphone up? The same way we must reject apple etc.
13. mike2959 (Posts: 508; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
At least he has the balls to just say it.
15. DBounce (Posts: 144; Member since: 26 Apr 2014)
Every piece of electronics made in China has a backdoor courtesy of the Chinese government. That includes iPhone.
17. Oneight (Posts: 32; Member since: 04 Apr 2015)
OMG! Putin has given Yotaphone 2 to Xi JinPing, the president of China as a present.
20. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
In Soviet Russia , YotaPhone use you
21. Pattyface (Posts: 1519; Member since: 20 Aug 2014)
Effing Russia, maybe they should put a picture on the back of the phone of puttin riding a horse bareback
22. Kanehuge (Posts: 2; Member since: 01 Jun 2015)
And I think honesty died. If someone thinks that he is safe from spying by using iPhone he is just fooling himself.
24. SaintMarks (Posts: 20; Member since: 25 May 2015)
Is this really surprising? Our TVs, stoves and washing machines are already spying on us.
30. Pattyface (Posts: 1519; Member since: 20 Aug 2014)
Yes they are the only ones that hate Russia
28. newuser1 (Posts: 216; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
NSA is tracking you now with out need of a backdoor .
31. lyndon420 (Posts: 3852; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
This has nothing to do with tracking terrorists...It's about getting the mass population to willingly give up their privacy rights. Ever since the government brought down the world trade centers (they also created ISIS) people have been so mislead by this fake war on terror, not many people see how the government has put us into a soft state of Marshall Law. This year (and especially next year) has a lot of surprises in store for all of us sheep.
32. Mels13 (Posts: 91; Member since: 23 Jun 2014)
Apple and other phones r the same spied by Usa.So we can say heil obama like that
35. nonyam (Posts: 1; Member since: 01 Jun 2015)
Court order required? Like a real court?
So, like the US and every phone sold in the US (CALEA 1994 - look at current FCC regulations for CALEA), but unlike the US, they need a warrant?
LoL Funny stuff, comrade.
39. Gumby (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Jun 2015)
The NSA already has "back door" implants in surgical medical instruments including the bronchosope and colonoscope. If you ever need to have a colonoscopy to check for colon cancer, the NSA will be right along wth you. The NSA can not only watch your every move, but can watch your every bowel movement through YOUR back door. The real anal probes from the NSA.