Star Walk stargazing app reaches planet Windows Phone 8
According to its makers, Star Walk "covers literally all man-made satellites and anything you may want to find in the night sky". It also lets you point your smartphone camera at the sky and get augmented data on its display, calculate positions of celestial bodies at any chosen moment, check information on moon phases and planets' set and rise times, and more. Windows Phone astronomers will certainly be pleased. Using the app goes as follows:
- Launch the app and point your device at the night sky, you'll see the stars, planets, satellites, and constellations in their proper place for your location. As you move your device, the star map updates in real time. The Moon is the easiest first target.
- Tap Augmented Reality icon in the upper right corner to add the image from your camera to your sky view.
- Use Night Mode to go easy on your eyes and preserve night vision when exploring the Universe.
Star Walk is available for $2.49 from the Windows Phone store.
Download Star Walk: Windows Phone
1. sgodsell (Posts: 856; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
I am starting to think that Microsoft is starting to pay phone arena for every app they start to talk about. Star mapping and charting apps have been out for so long now. Not to mention the number of them on all kinds of platforms as well as web sites.
4. Bernoulli (Posts: 1432; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
The article talks about the expansion of the app, p.a. Also points out when windows phone doesn't get an app, so would that mean that Google pays p.a. To give windows bad publicity? It's like when they posted the article for android find my car, ever since last year Nokia devices have had this capability, but it didn't get published or talked about here.
2. Liveitup (Posts: 807; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
I'm starting to think that you are a hater, Phonearena does the same thing for every platform, you don't want to see Windows Phone step up so you hate.
3. corporateJP (Posts: 1499; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Free with ads, I would've downloaded it.
$2.49 is like...whoa...
5. Bernoulli (Posts: 1432; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Is like fries at Arby's, come on dude it's not that bad
6. Ponchek (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Apr 2014)
OMG! I'm so grateful to developers :) Star Walk used to be my favourite app on iPhone, but when i switched to WP i couldn't find a good substitute. And finally it's available on WP8 :) regarding price: seriously, cmon! It's like 1 beer at a bar. Totally worth the money