Spigen iPhone 5 Slim Armor Cases hands-on
Before getting down and dirty with the details, we have to say right off the bat that we’re digging the $17.99 cost of them, which is aggressively priced compared to their other offerings. Comprised out of two components, a rubbery-like thermoplastic polyurethane case with a tougher polycarbonate midsection, you get that desired balance of protection and sturdiness – keeping the handset safe even in the event of some minor drops or falls. At the same time, it’s form fitting as well to maintain the iPhone 5’s sleek profile. Buttons are still easily accessible too, but it’s worth mentioning that you might have some issues connecting specific headphones, since the opening for the headset jack is rather tight.
Ultimately, it simply comes down to which color scheme best fits your style needs. So let’s take a quick look at the difference between them.
Satin Silver: If you have the white iPhone 5, the Satin Silver Slim Armor Case is its best complement because it offers the color scheme that best contrasts it. With the two-toned white and silver look of the handset, we get a darker shade of grey on the Slim Armor Case to accentuate it.
Gunmetal: Similarly, the Gunmetal variant is the perfect fit for the new black finish of the iPhone 5. Employing the same color scheme of the device, its cool looking industrial design is maintained by this case.
Metal Slate: Even though all of the cases in the Slim Armor Case Series are made to fit any iPhone 5, the Metal Slate model no doubt has a more uniform approach with its paint job. Donning an almost all-black finish (there’s a lighter color to the polycarbonate midsection), some will appreciate the smooth look of this one.
Spigen Apple iPhone 5 Accessories
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Cyber Monday 2013 deals on phones, tablets and other electronics
01 Dec 2013, 10:55
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
03 Dec 2013, 05:54
How to take better photos with your Samsung Galaxy Note 3
05 Dec 2013, 03:02
Android 4.4 KitKat update: release date, features and rumors
31 Oct 2013, 02:31
PhoneArena Awards 2013: Best cameraphones
03 Dec 2013, 11:01
1. billybuttpounder (banned) (Posts: 105; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
But but but it covers the APPLE on the back! How will people know that I have an iphone?! What is the point in even owning one if I cannot display it in the hopes of impressing complete strangers?!?!?!?!!?
4. Jonathan41 (Posts: 524; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
It's funny to think that some people still believe that having an iPhone is thought of as impressive.
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 7776; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
It's funny to think that some apple haters think so highly of apple, that they have to click the article, read it, scroll down, press leave comment, then comment about the company they supposedly hate so much... Hmmmmmmmmm?
14. darkkjedii (Posts: 7776; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Thanx... That bashing stuff gets so tired after awhile.
15. eisenbricher (Posts: 920; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Ahh don't care about silly bashers... we don't wanna live in a fish tank they're living in.
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 7776; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Well said...well said indeed. People get so caught up n their lil world that they forget about choice, and freedom to use what u want, and enjoy it. I love tech period, but iOS is my go to OS. What's wrong with that? If android, wp8, symbian, or BB is yours, what's wrong with that? There's more to tech than the little green robot
40. Jonathan41 (Posts: 524; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
No one said there was anything wrong with people enjoy their choice of OS. I'm just saying thinking that an iPhone will impress your friend is like thinking that they would be amazed when you show them your Xbox 360.
24. Insignificant (Posts: 141; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
We don't do it because we necessarily hate Apple (I do, but others don't). We do it because we don't visit Phonearena for such stupid articles.
39. Jonathan41 (Posts: 524; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
I just came to ses the case. Who care if iPhone is in the title. Sometimes (and I emphasise sometime) companies decide to make cases for other devise as well so, it's always worth a look.
27. billybuttpounder (banned) (Posts: 105; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
I know right? I sell phones at Target and I constantly see people walking around with their iphones holding them, not using them just holding them up with the apple logo facing out so everyone can see they can afford a whopping $200 (or as most people call it a day or twos wages) phone. Really quite pathetic.
31. darkkjedii (Posts: 7776; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
What's pathetic is that u even notice that.
38. Jonathan41 (Posts: 524; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
I wasn't trying to hate. I was just stating the obvious. Plenty of people have iPhones. Furthermore, I'm just saying that I'm surprised that some people continue to think that having an iPhone is though of as impressive when the last to interactions of the devise have been playing catchup as far as technological inovation is concerned.
41. Jonathan41 (Posts: 524; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
The iPhone is the poster child of commodity fetishism. Some people believe that having an iPhone come with some type of elite status. I've seen people decide against buy a phone they loved just because there was no half eaten apple on the back of it.
2. jmoney62987 (Posts: 31; Member since: 16 Mar 2010)
WTF is up with the orange home button...
17. fanboy1974 (Posts: 818; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
He had it right the first time. It's proven that these iPhone 5's can be bent if left in a back pocket while sitting. I had to warn my wife because I can see her doing it.
18. Ninetysix (Posts: 929; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Maybe you should tell her to lose some weight?
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 7776; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I knew that was coming. C'mon guys no wife insults.
21. Insignificant (Posts: 141; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Maybe you should tell Ive to make a even slightly durable phone.
19. Insignificant (Posts: 141; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
No, I had it right the first time, as has been said.
6. Jonathan41 (Posts: 524; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
This case is cool except for some of the aesthetic design chooses that were made that I don't think will be very popular.
7. willywill_evo (Posts: 162; Member since: 05 Jan 2011)
Two-piece case fall apart within two months, big waste of money
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 7776; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That is one nice looking case... I will be ordering one tomorrow morning, must protect my beautiful 64 gigs of awesomeness.
9. Insignificant (Posts: 141; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Tomorrow??? You have to order it today, you know, in case 32gb of the 64 (which cost 100$, because that's how much 32gb costs), is uglified thanks to a bent and scratched chassis...!
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 7776; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Nope tomorrow, and your apple jab sucked. Come again please.
22. Insignificant (Posts: 141; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Still was better than the new iPhone.
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 7776; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'm done with u, you've become a bothersome little troll. Have a nice day
29. billybuttpounder (banned) (Posts: 105; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
LOL, says the guy that lied about having a Note 2 just to sh*t all over it with an "honest" review. You're pathetic.
32. darkkjedii (Posts: 7776; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Had a note 2 is rite, and will buy another off Craigslist very soon. Now please prove I lied about owning one, or STFU... Please, and thank u sir.
36. billybuttpounder (banned) (Posts: 105; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Sooooo then are you stupid? Legit question, if you had a Note 2 (you didn't), and then you sold it (you didn't) because you hated it, why on earth would you buy another one (you won't) and used off of Craigslist to boot?
33. darkkjedii (Posts: 7776; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
And I didn't s**t all over anything, the note is top notch but the camera isn't. I simply pointed out why it's not ideal as my go to device, while the iPhone is. That's what a review should b...honest. Now go do your screen name...Billy's waiting.
37. billybuttpounder (banned) (Posts: 105; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Again, why would you buy it again if you got rid of the first one you had? If you're gioing to lie at least put some effort into it.
30. billybuttpounder (banned) (Posts: 105; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Good idea getting a case, considering the i5 scratches easily, the anodized finish rubs off, the screen cracks from small drops, and now we fi d it can even bend! Good call getting a case, bad call getting the phone. It's hilarious to me how iFans preach the beauty (I'll give it that, it's a nice design) and "premium" build quality of the phone, yet the first thing they do is put it in a case. LOL.
34. darkkjedii (Posts: 7776; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Any one that cases their phone is smart to do so... Accidents happen. Now run along and b a good boy for billy
42. billybuttpounder (banned) (Posts: 105; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Or you could just not buy the flimsiest, most poorly constructed overpriced phone on the market.
23. Insignificant (Posts: 141; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Just noticed I commented on the screen protector article asking how to apply 'armor' to stop the phone bending, and voila, here it is. LOL.
28. amiaq (Posts: 311; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
It's a Justin Bieber of smartphone, it still looks pretty frail and precious regardless of what it's wearing.
35. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
*eyes my i5...eyes my newly acquired MacBook Pro* yep...we're good over here. Hov!