Sony Xperia Z price revealed
That’s roughly in line with the price of the Samsung Galaxy Note II at the carrier, so if we were to judge by this similarity, the Xperia Z should carry a similar price to the new Note in the States and Europe as well.
The release date is once again confirmed to be March 1st, and then you’d be able to purchase a black or white Xperia Z.
If you still haven’t caught up with news, make sure to check out our Xperia Z hands-on and here is a quick rundown of Sony’s new Android flagship:
- 5” 1080 x 1920 full HD Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- 13 MP Exmor RS rear camera, 2.2 megapixel front camera
- Dust and water resistant (IP55 & IP57) with a durable glass display
- Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core 1.5GHz processor
- 16GB internal memory, expandable via microSD
- 2GB RAM
- 4G LTE support
1. aindriu80 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 06:27 0 0
I have a Sony Xperia TX. Is there much of a difference between the two ? I perfer the TX over the T. Is there much of a difference from Z to ZL ?
5. Obie-Wan posted on 08 Jan 2013, 06:34 10 1
The Z use Glass material For its front n back cover, Water n dust proof, no camera shutter key.
Meanwhile the ZL uses premium rugged plastick for its back cover, no water n dust proof, plus camera shutter key. n it's more compact than the Z.
Correct me if i'm wrong :)
7. buccob posted on 08 Jan 2013, 06:37 4 5
You miss the "L" in the second paragraph.... There, I corrected you...
41. Obie-Wan posted on 10 Jan 2013, 06:30 0 0
Thx dude :)
39. emes360 posted on 09 Jan 2013, 14:19 0 0
Are they both going to be available in Europe? I'm confused cause I've read one is for Asia and one for the rest.
12. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 08 Jan 2013, 06:58 9 12
The only thing this phone has that my already almost 2 month old HTC Droid DNA doesn't have is the microSD card slot. I have a 32GB flash drive I can connect to my HTC Droid DNA to see any movies I want, so problem solved.
Everything else is a HTC Droid DNA in a Sony body.
Man I am so glad to be an early adopter.
13. flower99 (banned) posted on 08 Jan 2013, 07:04 22 1
well congrat to you, but im afraid i will give a credit to this because it is below 8mm slim, water resistant that i can take it a shower to wash away the fingerprint. dont get me wrong, htc make a nice device, but this is nicer :)
16. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 08 Jan 2013, 07:17 8 2
im willing to bet the camera is slightly nicer and battery is slightly bigger on the Xperia Z/ZL than the DNA........but all are great phones overall tho
18. abhishek48 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 07:53 2 5
Waiting for march Apr dosen't makes sense I bought on 21nov too
... DNA is best in market right now
27. cripton805 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 12:22 2 4
I prefer the Note. The memory limit is pretty bad and with carriers limiting the data usage, that is a real problem on the go. There's a couple other reasons, BTW. For me and many others, we never considered the DNA the top dog.
30. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 08 Jan 2013, 12:46 2 5
Lots of websites consider the HTC Droid DNA as THE best smartphone on Verizon. They say the Note II is good but it's too big & it's really not a smartphone, it's a phablet.
There is no better tech in the WORLD right at this very moment than the HTC Droid DNA/HTC J Butterfly.
Every other smartphone that comes out this spring will be just like the HTC Droid DNA, & that includes this Sony Xperia Z.
29. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 08 Jan 2013, 12:40 2 6
Ok I can wipe finger prints off my phone & I don't need to take it in the shower. Why you need to shower with your phone I don't know. lol
Also you put your 8mm phone next to my HTC Droid DNA & the difference in thickness will minimal at BEST.
Also you have to wait months to get the that phone when I have had basically that phone since Nov. 21st.
Also the SLCD 3 on the HTC Droid DNA is a better screen than the Bravia on the Sony Xperia Z.
42. igahlot posted on 11 Jan 2013, 15:19 1 0
First the water resistance helps your phone to remain intact when some water drops spill on it.. You dont have to take your fone in the shower for that . water resistance is always an added advantage.
Bravia engine is THE BEST video viewing xperience possible.
And yes as they say patience always pays off so its always worth waiting before buying something amazing
47. XperiaPrince posted on 17 Jan 2013, 02:42 1 0
Better than BRAVIA?
you haven't even tested Xperia Z or ZL so how can you say its better?
Xperia Z and ZL is designed very well.It looks good and yet,TOUGH.
I cant say the design is better than the DNA because design is personal preference.
In terms of speed and performance both are very identical cause they use the same CPU and GPU.
In camera quality,Xperia Z and ZL is better because it has a 13mp camera and sony is a very great camera sensor manufacturer.
In User interface,I prefer time scape UI because it looks very formal and neat and dosent lag unlike the HEAVY SENSE ui.
33. TMach posted on 08 Jan 2013, 13:34 2 0
Being based in the UK, the HTC Droid/Butterfly is not even released yet so it looks like this or wait for the HTC M7 or whatever it is called! The HTC Butterfly is pretty much dead before even being released as unless someone is a die hard HTC fan, you will probably opt for this or wait for the S4. Guess if you are a die hard HTC fan, you may choose to wait for the upcoming HTC M7
45. kingread posted on 13 Jan 2013, 12:49 0 0
Hardware might be the same but product quality is not, is like comparing Taiwan and Japan.
2. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 08 Jan 2013, 06:28 8 3
That's fair price, provided the camera if top notch.
34. TMach posted on 08 Jan 2013, 13:36 1 0
Price is a bit on the high side for this might wait for it to drop a bit or opt for something else but defo not the S4. Not touching Samsung products again, don't care if it wakes you up and makes toast and coffee, after poor build quality of the S3 and cracking issue!
4. cezarepc posted on 08 Jan 2013, 06:32 3 0
No Sony! Price it aggressively like your Xperia P, Xperia U!
8. Nathan_ingx posted on 08 Jan 2013, 06:47 5 1
PA, when you review this phone...you can't give it an 8. I'm expecting something more...
15. flower99 (banned) posted on 08 Jan 2013, 07:09 0 1
it is equivalent to USD710, i saw some of the site it cost USD670 or even less, well lets wait the exact price at march
14. jopancy posted on 08 Jan 2013, 07:09 1 1
I just love this phone's tight chassis. When it gets hot just drop it into a bucket of water! Problem solved.
28. cripton805 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 12:25 2 0
Usually they are water resistant, as in splashing, rain, etc... Not submersible. Would be cool though.
17. timtimity posted on 08 Jan 2013, 07:37 3 0
I thought it was a little more expensive than I was hoping, but I've just realised that it's the same price as the cheapest iPhone 5. When looking what you get with the Xperia Z compared to the iPhone 5 for the same price it's a bargain!
19. alila2 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 08:04 0 0
$708 and $850 WOW!!!! hopefully the ZL is less than that.
21. acewhales posted on 08 Jan 2013, 09:24 0 0
When do you think well know which carriers this will be on?
51. LindaLi posted on 12 Mar 2013, 05:07 0 0
it is unlucked and branded new , do not worry.you can buy from Hongkong.
This is Linda(sales2) from ac-electronic limited.
25. InspectorGadget80 posted on 08 Jan 2013, 10:59 0 0
JUST RELEASE THE PHONE IN THE U.S. already.
26. Jyakotu posted on 08 Jan 2013, 11:55 1 0
I prefer the Z to the ZL. Looks like a good phone. :-)
31. flipjzn posted on 08 Jan 2013, 12:57 0 0
It's all about the class and design I don't care if its iOS or android. Give me an elegant phone worth my money!
I'm getting this as soon as its available!
35. TMach posted on 08 Jan 2013, 13:38 0 1
That is THE rumour.....pray it is true then we may have a Nexus worthy of the name!
38. SonyXperiaNexus posted on 09 Jan 2013, 06:44 0 0
lol just kidding though i too wish sony would make the next nexus. fingers crossed
37. techloverNYC posted on 08 Jan 2013, 17:17 0 0
is i can get it for $550 off contract I think Im sold, but I have to wait to see the S IV first
40. jackhammeR posted on 09 Jan 2013, 15:40 1 0
Apple flirted with glass and they gave it up. The consensus was that the glass is not the ultimate material for an outer shell. Now sony must learn that too.
43. papss posted on 12 Jan 2013, 08:20 0 0
I have to say this is my favorite designed phablet.. I know looks are subjective but after feeling the note 2 (which is amazing hardware inside) this doesn't look nearly as cheap.. I'll say it again... Sammy needs to fire their designers and hire some from Sony. I'm VERY excited for this phone..
44. bubbadoes posted on 12 Jan 2013, 19:21 0 2
This phone is already out..minus the 13MP camera. HTC DROID DNA
46. trainer1972 posted on 16 Jan 2013, 22:54 0 0
Dang....I just got my Xperia TL and then SONY does this!!!!! C'MON MAN...I hope that they will at least keep the TL up to date!
48. TerryCrowley posted on 22 Jan 2013, 10:44 0 3
This is what the fuss is all about? This phone is hardly better than what's currently already out. Sony fanboys suddenly appeared out of no where.
49. TonyStarkPE posted on 27 Jan 2013, 19:38 0 0
What do you mean Sony fanboys suddenly appeared out of no where? I like this phone, at least from the presentation from Sony's website. I don't believe myself to be a fanboy of any manufacturer, even though I was a Motorola fan until my first treo which had palm OS. IMO Sony phones weren't cutting it until this Z. That's clearly not something a fanboy would say.
50. LindaLi posted on 12 Mar 2013, 05:04 0 0
Xperia Z purple is so charming, many customer buy from our company, it is the best selling product of new year.