Sony Xperia Z price revealed
That’s roughly in line with the price of the Samsung Galaxy Note II at the carrier, so if we were to judge by this similarity, the Xperia Z should carry a similar price to the new Note in the States and Europe as well.
The release date is once again confirmed to be March 1st, and then you’d be able to purchase a black or white Xperia Z.
If you still haven’t caught up with news, make sure to check out our Xperia Z hands-on and here is a quick rundown of Sony’s new Android flagship:
- 5” 1080 x 1920 full HD Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- 13 MP Exmor RS rear camera, 2.2 megapixel front camera
- Dust and water resistant (IP55 & IP57) with a durable glass display
- Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core 1.5GHz processor
- 16GB internal memory, expandable via microSD
- 2GB RAM
- 4G LTE support
1. aindriu80 (Posts: 2; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
I have a Sony Xperia TX. Is there much of a difference between the two ? I perfer the TX over the T. Is there much of a difference from Z to ZL ?
5. Obie-Wan (Posts: 25; Member since: 24 May 2012)
The Z use Glass material For its front n back cover, Water n dust proof, no camera shutter key.
Meanwhile the ZL uses premium rugged plastick for its back cover, no water n dust proof, plus camera shutter key. n it's more compact than the Z.
Correct me if i'm wrong :)
7. buccob (Posts: 964; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
You miss the "L" in the second paragraph.... There, I corrected you...
39. emes360 (Posts: 12; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Are they both going to be available in Europe? I'm confused cause I've read one is for Asia and one for the rest.
12. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3427; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
The only thing this phone has that my already almost 2 month old HTC Droid DNA doesn't have is the microSD card slot. I have a 32GB flash drive I can connect to my HTC Droid DNA to see any movies I want, so problem solved.
Everything else is a HTC Droid DNA in a Sony body.
Man I am so glad to be an early adopter.
13. flower99 (banned) (Posts: 54; Member since: 18 Nov 2012)
well congrat to you, but im afraid i will give a credit to this because it is below 8mm slim, water resistant that i can take it a shower to wash away the fingerprint. dont get me wrong, htc make a nice device, but this is nicer :)
16. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
im willing to bet the camera is slightly nicer and battery is slightly bigger on the Xperia Z/ZL than the DNA........but all are great phones overall tho
18. abhishek48 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
Waiting for march Apr dosen't makes sense I bought on 21nov too
... DNA is best in market right now
27. cripton805 (Posts: 897; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I prefer the Note. The memory limit is pretty bad and with carriers limiting the data usage, that is a real problem on the go. There's a couple other reasons, BTW. For me and many others, we never considered the DNA the top dog.
30. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3427; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Lots of websites consider the HTC Droid DNA as THE best smartphone on Verizon. They say the Note II is good but it's too big & it's really not a smartphone, it's a phablet.
There is no better tech in the WORLD right at this very moment than the HTC Droid DNA/HTC J Butterfly.
Every other smartphone that comes out this spring will be just like the HTC Droid DNA, & that includes this Sony Xperia Z.
29. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3427; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Ok I can wipe finger prints off my phone & I don't need to take it in the shower. Why you need to shower with your phone I don't know. lol
Also you put your 8mm phone next to my HTC Droid DNA & the difference in thickness will minimal at BEST.
Also you have to wait months to get the that phone when I have had basically that phone since Nov. 21st.
Also the SLCD 3 on the HTC Droid DNA is a better screen than the Bravia on the Sony Xperia Z.
42. igahlot (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
First the water resistance helps your phone to remain intact when some water drops spill on it.. You dont have to take your fone in the shower for that . water resistance is always an added advantage.
Bravia engine is THE BEST video viewing xperience possible.
And yes as they say patience always pays off so its always worth waiting before buying something amazing
47. XperiaPrince (Posts: 108; Member since: 25 Dec 2012)
Better than BRAVIA?
you haven't even tested Xperia Z or ZL so how can you say its better?
Xperia Z and ZL is designed very well.It looks good and yet,TOUGH.
I cant say the design is better than the DNA because design is personal preference.
In terms of speed and performance both are very identical cause they use the same CPU and GPU.
In camera quality,Xperia Z and ZL is better because it has a 13mp camera and sony is a very great camera sensor manufacturer.
In User interface,I prefer time scape UI because it looks very formal and neat and dosent lag unlike the HEAVY SENSE ui.
33. TMach (Posts: 304; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Being based in the UK, the HTC Droid/Butterfly is not even released yet so it looks like this or wait for the HTC M7 or whatever it is called! The HTC Butterfly is pretty much dead before even being released as unless someone is a die hard HTC fan, you will probably opt for this or wait for the S4. Guess if you are a die hard HTC fan, you may choose to wait for the upcoming HTC M7
45. kingread (Posts: 4; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
Hardware might be the same but product quality is not, is like comparing Taiwan and Japan.
2. MeoCao (unregistered)
That's fair price, provided the camera if top notch.
34. TMach (Posts: 304; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Price is a bit on the high side for this might wait for it to drop a bit or opt for something else but defo not the S4. Not touching Samsung products again, don't care if it wakes you up and makes toast and coffee, after poor build quality of the S3 and cracking issue!
4. cezarepc (Posts: 439; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
No Sony! Price it aggressively like your Xperia P, Xperia U!
8. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
PA, when you review this phone...you can't give it an 8. I'm expecting something more...
15. flower99 (banned) (Posts: 54; Member since: 18 Nov 2012)
it is equivalent to USD710, i saw some of the site it cost USD670 or even less, well lets wait the exact price at march
14. jopancy (Posts: 55; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
I just love this phone's tight chassis. When it gets hot just drop it into a bucket of water! Problem solved.
28. cripton805 (Posts: 897; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Usually they are water resistant, as in splashing, rain, etc... Not submersible. Would be cool though.
17. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
I thought it was a little more expensive than I was hoping, but I've just realised that it's the same price as the cheapest iPhone 5. When looking what you get with the Xperia Z compared to the iPhone 5 for the same price it's a bargain!
19. alila2 (Posts: 116; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
$708 and $850 WOW!!!! hopefully the ZL is less than that.
21. acewhales (Posts: 19; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
When do you think well know which carriers this will be on?
51. LindaLi (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
it is unlucked and branded new , do not worry.you can buy from Hongkong.
This is Linda(sales2) from ac-electronic limited.
25. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5468; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
JUST RELEASE THE PHONE IN THE U.S. already.
26. Jyakotu (Posts: 813; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
I prefer the Z to the ZL. Looks like a good phone. :-)
31. flipjzn (Posts: 69; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
It's all about the class and design I don't care if its iOS or android. Give me an elegant phone worth my money!
I'm getting this as soon as its available!
35. TMach (Posts: 304; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
That is THE rumour.....pray it is true then we may have a Nexus worthy of the name!
38. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 373; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
lol just kidding though i too wish sony would make the next nexus. fingers crossed
37. techloverNYC (Posts: 182; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
is i can get it for $550 off contract I think Im sold, but I have to wait to see the S IV first
40. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Apple flirted with glass and they gave it up. The consensus was that the glass is not the ultimate material for an outer shell. Now sony must learn that too.
43. papss (Posts: 2870; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I have to say this is my favorite designed phablet.. I know looks are subjective but after feeling the note 2 (which is amazing hardware inside) this doesn't look nearly as cheap.. I'll say it again... Sammy needs to fire their designers and hire some from Sony. I'm VERY excited for this phone..
44. bubbadoes (Posts: 307; Member since: 03 May 2012)
This phone is already out..minus the 13MP camera. HTC DROID DNA
46. trainer1972 (Posts: 3; Member since: 11 Dec 2010)
Dang....I just got my Xperia TL and then SONY does this!!!!! C'MON MAN...I hope that they will at least keep the TL up to date!
48. TerryCrowley (Posts: 182; Member since: 31 Jul 2011)
This is what the fuss is all about? This phone is hardly better than what's currently already out. Sony fanboys suddenly appeared out of no where.
49. TonyStarkPE (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
What do you mean Sony fanboys suddenly appeared out of no where? I like this phone, at least from the presentation from Sony's website. I don't believe myself to be a fanboy of any manufacturer, even though I was a Motorola fan until my first treo which had palm OS. IMO Sony phones weren't cutting it until this Z. That's clearly not something a fanboy would say.
50. LindaLi (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
Xperia Z purple is so charming, many customer buy from our company, it is the best selling product of new year.