Some magnetic covers don't work on new iPad
2. greyhulk (Posts: 124; Member since: 30 Jun 2010)
I have an older smartcover (ordered at the same time as my iPad 2 over a year ago) and it works with my iPad 3. It must not be all of the old smartcovers, just some of them.
6. stealthd (Posts: 974; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Same here, this seems like another minor issue being overblown, again.
3. spmmtr (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
I had this problem with a high end Taurus leather case. Took it back and tried a second one and it did not work as well, the salesman was surprised....used my old iPad2 Smart cover and all worked perfectly.
4. c.hack (Posts: 519; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
The magnets were polarized because some people were having issues when the cover was flipped over the back side causing the iPad to respond. The new polarized deisgn only responds to a magnet on the front side. Its Apple addressing user complaints.
7. kcombs (Posts: 252; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
I think it must be the knockoff smart covers, mine works fine on my iPad 3..