Some Sony Xperia Z3 specs apparently confirmed by @evleaks
Reportedly, the Xperia Z3 will sport a 5.15-inch display with 1,080 x 1,920 pixels - so it’s not going to be larger than the 5.2-inch 1080p screen of the Xperia Z2. The new smartphone should be powered by a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor clocked at 2.4GHz, helped by an Adreno 330 GPU and 3GB of RAM. There’s 16GB of memory inside, while the rear hosts a 20.7MP camera, and the front includes a 2.1MP camera. Android 4.4.4 KitKat should be on board. All in all, the Z3 doesn’t appear to be too different from the Z2, although it’s said that its body is a bit thinner (only 7mm).
Rumor has it that Sony intends to announce the Xperia Z3 in September. That’s also when the company might unveil a smaller version of the new device, possibly called Xperia Z3 Compact. Until we hear more on this, you can see some photos that allegedly show the Xperia Z3 below:
1. tech2 (Posts: 2204; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
So basically its Z2 in a slightly different body.
25. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4199; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I doubt it... Sony will make other changes I am SURE of it.
But if this is why Verizon hasn't dropped the Sony Xperia Z2, then I will definitely get this for my wife.
I am going to wait to see what happens. If the Sony Xperia Z3 comes to Verizon then I will definitely buy it, if not then the Samsung Galaxy S5 will be the phone for my wife.
28. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2976; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Your wife has already waited so loong! :p
30. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4199; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I know, she has been waiting for a long time, she right now is using my rooted HTC Droid DNA...
She is all good. She wants to get a new phone when the Sony Xperia Z3 comes out. If not she will be happy with the Samsung Galaxy S5.
33. Rockbottom97 (Posts: 23; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
I had hope upon hope that they would pair the Z2 withe the Z2 tablet at Verizon. We got evidence of it when we started carrying some of there accessories way early. But, just the tab.
I want the Z3. But as of right now I don't see anything else on the Z2 remotely hinted at any where.
49. Clashy (unregistered)
It's Sony Xperia Z2 LTE-A Cat.6 bla bla!
2. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
No reason for me to jump on the z3 with specs like my z2. I'm still holding on to something new with the z3
18. akki20892 (Posts: 3563; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Z2 was huge upgrade from Z....because 1 year gap.....so we will see great upgrade from z2 to z4 (one year gap). Wait for z4 2015 CES
3. Wolf_Blitza (Posts: 20; Member since: 30 May 2014)
Too much bezel, bring it back to ZL dimensions
46. akki20892 (Posts: 3563; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
just for japan.........we want globally release.....!!!
23. kobainez (Posts: 302; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
No. They can't put 20mp sensor in ZL body. It's impossible. That 20mp camera takes a lot of space that's why big bezels
31. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2976; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Yeah because that camera expands into all the bezels... Don't be a jerk please. Plus the module itself is not that much bigger than something else.
38. cezarepc (Posts: 575; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
How the f... did the camera become responsible for the bezel? Everybody knows it's because of the micro-sim.
40. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2976; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Yeah sure. Because adding that nano sim they would immediately cut down all the bezels. There is no single reason for them.
Or were you just sarcastic? That may I never know. Unless you tell me of course. :)
50. kobainez (Posts: 302; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
If they don't increase the bezels the thickness will increase jerk
58. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2976; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Now what does this have to do with your original comment?
60. romeo1 (Posts: 242; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
I think he means that the sensor is placed in the corner of the bezel and almost take the depth of the phone the bottom bezel is the same cause of the omni balance design. You should check ta teardown of the z2 you'll see that the screen won't fit with that thickness on top of the sensor
4. yahia_malka (Posts: 101; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
What wrong with them , why no 805 smapdragon ?? , and at least 2.6 GHz , and adreno 420
15. Commentator (Posts: 2436; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
evleaks has been on a bit of a cold streak lately. If anything this just looks like a Z2 variant.
I wouldn't worry, Sony will probably be releasing a smapdragon 805 phone soon enough.
5. Settings (Posts: 494; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Wow that dude is owning a Lenovo laptop? Lenovo laptops are waaay underrated. One of the best lappys out there.
Back to topic, its like Z2 in a Lumia body.
7. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I'd like my z2 with wp 8.1 on it personally
11. Feanor (Posts: 310; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
Exactly like Lumia body and less attractive than Z2. Disappointed by Sony. No spec upgrade, only design downgrade. And why is it uglier than the much cheaper Xperia T3?
Only good news, it will push the price of the Z2 down, which will become an amazingly good value for money flagship.
22. Settings (Posts: 494; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Hey its just still a prototype, maybe it'll get better design. Maybe Sony is dipping in WP waters as we speak.
If its gonna use that body, maybe it will be lighter. Glass are heavy compared to plastic ya know and its still got that unibalance or whatever they call it design. Lets see what the final design will look.
But compared to Z2, that prototype is ugly.
6. isprobi (Posts: 204; Member since: 30 May 2011)
Other than a nice rear camera it seems disappointing.
29. nohatenofanboy (Posts: 494; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
iphone ??? y did u say that ? I didnt even say iphone but you ( I suppose your an idiot ) said iphone rofl think twice bfore comment dude lol
42. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5482; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
My english language is far away from perfect but I think you really should improve your english language skills because now it is very hard to understand you. Or at least try to write full words instead of separate letters.
Also you should use this tutorial:
"How to Stop Saying the Word "Dude" So Much"
6 steps: http://goo.gl/UqUqp
45. nohatenofanboy (Posts: 494; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
thx for brief english lesson but once again you are talking about something else are you ok dude ?
62. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5482; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I have say that because you are troll and Apple fanboy.
63. nohatenofanboy (Posts: 494; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
ok if you think Im troll ( you are wrong btw) why you care my comments and reply them?
10. mayur007 (Posts: 440; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
nothing new, seems revamped z2
from no angle it looks like an upgrade.
13. karamelakimo (Posts: 57; Member since: 26 May 2014)
What do u mean if u release this??
I wish to wait and release an upgrade with processor or screen resolution
14. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5482; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Specifications are not very impressive but I'm sure it will be still a good phone.
16. Clashy (unregistered)
Sony Xperia Z2 LTE-A, basically.
37. medtxa (Posts: 264; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
samsung strategy to offer top line variant like galaxy s, note series, and now premium galaxy f are more interesting for marketing than sony shorter flagship cycle strategy
48. Clashy (unregistered)
Note series aren't flagship phones, neither does the Galaxy F/Alpha. S5 is a flagship phone and will remain until the S6 gets announced it. I have respect for Samsung brand.
17. jellmoo (Posts: 691; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
I for one look forward to seeing the Sony Xperia Z2.1
24. antonioli (Posts: 178; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
What's the point to lauch it? Absolutely pointless. If it would come with QHD, Snapdragon 805, larger battery and any other features that can differentiate from Z2 or even Z1 ok but that's not it.
39. medtxa (Posts: 264; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
QHD are complete bullsh**, not to mention daily use praticallity it only relevant with Qhd support apps wich is non existent now and I doubt it if developer want to make supported apps when there is only small amount qhd phone
27. j.khan95 (Posts: 51; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
What's the matter with s805, It's not simple avaliable
32. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6584; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
This is very disappointing. SONY should focus on competing against other companies. and use a QHD 4K screen on the Z SERIES. now its just boring. think the Z1 will be my last phone after that Ill go back to Motorola
54. shyamje (Posts: 5; Member since: 23 Jul 2014)
Y r right my friend. Sony should go ten years back
34. medtxa (Posts: 264; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
z3 doesn't get hype. just because the design always the same and start to get boring. photo in internet always that same black square phone with big bezel from z1 to z3
41. jibraihimi (Posts: 695; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
So what's the need to release this.......????
47. gigaraga (Posts: 1227; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
The design overall is nice, but its getting old. 2012 H1 now its 2014 H2...wow
51. shyamje (Posts: 5; Member since: 23 Jul 2014)
I think. Z3 is refresh model of z2 so as to what problems with z2 wouldn't create with Z3.. So please don't buy z2 wait for next flagship or go with other brands..
52. shyamje (Posts: 5; Member since: 23 Jul 2014)
Sony making customers fool to earn more and more money.. That's why Sony market cought cold after lunched z2 and no one doing anthem of Z3.. Now a days Sony is good for mid range not for flagship phones.. .brand is good but strategy is poor.. Sony not working as a number one.. Only releasing phones to make money...
53. romeo1 (Posts: 242; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
Why does everybody hate the bezels?
Im loving it for holding my phone comfortable while watching videos etc without touching the screen.