Say hello to the Oppo Find 7: phone leaks for the first time, retail packaging and all
21. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 474; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Alright, I wasn't the only one. It's not necessarily a bad thing either.
27. coffeehouse119 (Posts: 4; Member since: 12 Mar 2014)
The only bad thing is the price difference , this crap will be with ~100-150$ more then nexus 5 if rumours are true , and don't see where the extra money go , for an micro sd ? or the extra .5" ? Cuz on same price i can buy another 5'5" with better specs and better price , and looks ... (Gionee Elife E7) , ofc all that could change if thet put the feet back on ground and don't request me to pay 100$ more for this phone then an nexus ...
2. Lt.Green (Posts: 397; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Nice packaging, reminds me of a sushi box.
3. GTX_Ti (unregistered)
This for sure cannot be a game changer.
20. GTX_Ti (unregistered)
Yes, that was just a shot in the dark.
4. jael206 (Posts: 144; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Is this the phone that is rumored to have a 50MP sensor? IMHO, it doesn't appear to be so, seeing how thin the unit is, not to mention the absence of a hump at the back which would be typical for a sensor that huge
8. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
With no huge sensor, the 50MP sensor will most likely not on the Find 7, probably will be on the N1 successor.
16. Beijendorf (Posts: 339; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
The sensors, regardless of resolution, are super-thin. It's the optics that make a camera thick. Or the addition of a xenon-flash, like on the Lumia 1020.
25. sbw44 (Posts: 433; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Have you seen the size of the 1020/808 sensor?
Yes xenon flashes are also thick but so are Nokia's giant sensors
28. Beijendorf (Posts: 339; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
What you're talking about is the entire camera module. The SENSOR is super-thin, the sensor being the light-sensitive layer at the bottom which determines the megapixel count.
To see just how thick the optics are, check this out:http://i.imgur.com/fix0eo8.jpg
The optics in themselves are driven by a rather large motor for focusing-purposes, which can be seen in this detailed overview:http://i.imgur.com/rxP1spU.jpg
And the sensor is the thin little thing at the bottom of it all:http://i.imgur.com/jRAHIDy.jpg
As for how massive the Xenon flash is, check this out, it's the crescent-shaped thing at the middle left:http://i.imgur.com/Gfk7lVo.jpg
So in conclusion, the sensors are really thin. What determines the thickness is the optics used. Quality optics in conventional cameras can of course not be as thin as one might wish, which is why computational photography (Pelican Imaging and the likes) comes to the rescue with having only 2 lenses in front of the sensor, letting the processor handle the rest.
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Hmm...the design looks a bit plain imo, hope it looks more better when see it in real life.
6. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 472; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
I was determine to keep my LG G2 for a long time over Note 3 and Lumia devices, but this beast is really tempting me to switch phone
9. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Sad, the Oppo Find 7 didn't respond to you. Let me try,
HELLO, OPPO FIND 7!!!!!!
And where's my Find 7? Is it on the way to my house? lol
13. Gaurav008 (Posts: 328; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Yes. And is that the google search? Looks Froyo and Gingerbread-ish.
12. Leonis (Posts: 338; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
The phone looks like sh*t. The biggest game changer here is sony z2
15. FoneAddict (Posts: 257; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Looks okay. Does anyone know whether the two versions look identical? I'm assuming this is the FHD version?
22. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2235; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Looks really cheap... I hope this is just a prototype..
23. WallStreetWolf (Posts: 289; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
Another uninspired slab...I'm all for an understated design, but lets put a concerted effort in.
26. coffeehouse119 (Posts: 4; Member since: 12 Mar 2014)
they want $600 for this crap? GL with that , let's not talk about the ~$700 for the 2.5k version , bb oppo , hi Gionee Elife E7 , or xiaomi mi3 !!!