Samsung trademarks 7 new names including Samsung Micro and Samsung Expo
The Samsung 5G would seem to have something to do with the company's testing of a 5G network back in May that resulted in data speeds of 1Gbps and an announcement from the tech giant that the new standard is expected to be ready in 2020. The S MUSICIAN could be an app that allows users to create music or it could be a new phone that has music-centric features. The Samsung Fit sounds like a health related app, possibly some accessory that will monitor your heart rate using Bluetooth LE.
You never know when or if you will see these names in use by Samsung. If you have your own interpretation as to the kind of device each new trademark might end up on, drop us your guess in the box below.
1. samystic (Posts: 189; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
i think Samsung should register another name - "too many"
2. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1120; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
s musician. a soft(bloat)ware where you can manipulate your music. if im right, then samsung is lame.
21. nobelset (Posts: 268; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
And you think garage band was the first digital audio workstation???
4. zennacko (Posts: 227; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
I think Samsung should register both iGalaxy and iSammy, just for fun at their biggest troll so far.
5. pwnarena (Posts: 840; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
Go is already associated with Xperia. Well, maybe not. Sony devices seem to be less popular.
6. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
The latest waterproof phone is S4 Active, so i guess the next waterproof phone from samsung is Samsung Go.
just like Xperia Active and Xperia Go.
9. kobainez (Posts: 302; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
You read my mind. Why samsung like to copy sony names? Samsung NX= SONY NEX, Xperia Go= Samsung Go, Xperia Active= S4 active
10. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Maybe Samsung just realize that Sony names,
sounds better than XCover and Rugby.
7. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
A lot of trolls here XD
8. TakashiDeo (banned) (Posts: 26; Member since: 20 Jul 2013)
samsung is still king of android
12. Bootutu (Posts: 184; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Get over it low life, it has already been explained that it works with other stock apps too at 533MHz, anandtech showed the camera triggered 533MHz, go back to the basement till next time
14. debugger919 (Posts: 24; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
ATTENTION: samsung fanboys in action...
15. Shatter (Posts: 1989; Member since: 29 May 2013)
You can do the same thing with any phone if its rooted. You will get worse battery life but it will work.
17. debugger919 (Posts: 24; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Yeah I know, I just despise such a company that does this thing with no shame (how about the fans that support this company? hmm).
20. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 May 2013)
How about stupid haters that will do everyrhing to make the Android King down :)
Stupid.. "this thing with no shame"?? It has already been proved that some apps are actually using its full capacity-533mHz
NOw if you still dont understand, then get a life
18. Taters (Posts: 2661; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The Samsung micro will probably just use iPhone parts that have been manufactured and not ordered. Should see a lot more micros now that tsmc is taking over some parts and iPhone sales are slowing. Haha
19. roscuthiii (Posts: 1785; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
I think Samsung could use a new marketing mantra: Here at Samsung, we're dedicated to seeing what sticks to the walls.
22. Samsungadroidrules (Posts: 104; Member since: 28 Jul 2013)
Good decision Samsung to released this patents ahead before Apple. Or else, that sore loser company will file a case again and claim that you copied these those just to gain money from you.
Anyways, these designs looks Good ah. Just can't wait for the S5 and Note 3. Way to go Sammy!
23. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2457; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Good move Sammy, just add S4 before those names. :P