Samsung Galaxy S7 finally seen in the flesh, many details seemingly confirmed
56. MSi_GS70 (unregistered)
Exactly.. Samsung NEVER had back made from metal.. Always plastic..
68. rd_nest (Posts: 1578; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
You must be new to Samsung phones, or just too young.
Samsung Wave series had both metallic back and removeable battery.
126. arjunezdaz (Posts: 30; Member since: 30 Nov 2014)
Say hello to the Social Media English Professor!
103. matistight (Posts: 420; Member since: 13 May 2009)
The Galaxy S for AT&T had a metal back. Soooooo....
107. JoshN (Posts: 130; Member since: 01 Apr 2015)
OI Samsung GALAXY S4 Value Edition MIMIC'S Metal
65. rd_nest (Posts: 1578; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
I give you the front of S7 Edge prototype:
93. Nopers (Posts: 108; Member since: 01 Jun 2015)
I think the regular S7 is going to have an edge display.
118. cheetah2k (Posts: 1499; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
Hmmmmmm I dunno about this one.. If thats not a glass back, what is it? The LG G5 is looking more and more like an option for me :(
124. DarkVader777 (Posts: 36; Member since: 10 Feb 2016)
By an lg device and you will regret it.
27. fonelover (Posts: 190; Member since: 19 Mar 2015)
It looks like plastic, May be the new J7.
57. KParks23 (Posts: 581; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
I know right. never seen that color on a device before this is groundbreaking -_-
94. combatmedic870 (Posts: 548; Member since: 02 Sep 2015)
Well the good new is that it looks thicker. Why is this good? Larger battery rumor may be true. It looks like we will be getting S6 active kind of battery life. I'm excited to see how this turns out. This may be my next phone. 64gb please.
101. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 522; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
I doesnt look to have much of a metal from for the fingers to hold on to.
Personally I'm most looking forward to the non edge variant.
119. diehardnokian (Posts: 145; Member since: 27 Apr 2014)
atleast they should've brought back the faux leather back from the note 3.. that was classy!
2. maxha97 (Posts: 84; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
I think it's not final
It does not shiny as s6
20. SenorThrottles (Posts: 231; Member since: 23 Dec 2015)
They probably decided to get rid of the shiny film they out in the glass of the S6
3. SenorThrottles (Posts: 231; Member since: 23 Dec 2015)
Looks great! They basically took the S6 design, which was already a top notch design, and refined it
80. SenorThrottles (Posts: 231; Member since: 23 Dec 2015)
Well they reduced the camera bump, improved the ergonomics and got rid of the blue-black colour which I personally hated.
90. Switch00 (Posts: 369; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
What a bunch of baloney. Refine? Design language? Premium feel? Baloney after baloney. Its basicaly the same as s3. One average ugly mf. Note2 looks better.
113. SYSTEM_LORD (Posts: 319; Member since: 05 Oct 2015)
People kept saying that they'd take an S6 with a thicker back so as to increase battery space as well as hide the camera hump. Looks like you guys got exactly that. I will say the Note 5 looks a lot better. Curves along the sides look better than side-to-side and up-to-down
24. SupermanayrB (Posts: 416; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Based off of 1 pic from the back?! I guess you can tell if a girls' face looks good from behind huh?
58. KParks23 (Posts: 581; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
If the back is ugly who cares about the face???
6. GreenMan (Posts: 776; Member since: 09 Nov 2015)
AND... What do you expect us to do with this "allegedly" leaked photograph of S7's behind???
Come-on PA, we aren't DOGS you know...
WE DO NOT GREET EACH OTHER BY SNIFFING THEIR BUTTOCKS...
Show us the FACE...
66. j2001m (Posts: 2759; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Just for you the fronthttp://root-nation.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/galaxy-s7-live-01.jpg
122. ben.r (Posts: 27; Member since: 29 May 2015)
This comment really made me smile :-) Please believe that if we did have the device in our hands, you'd get to see the whole thing!
125. DarkVader777 (Posts: 36; Member since: 10 Feb 2016)
And I may add it lloks like a protective film on the front calm down people wait for it wait for it
7. MrElectrifyer (Posts: 1963; Member since: 21 Oct 2014)
No more surprises at the unpacked event I guess...
8. Dejan92 (Posts: 18; Member since: 06 Feb 2014)
Back cover looks plastic and removable like S3 had.
42. Wiencon (Posts: 1725; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
I personally would have it plastic than glossy glass that could break anywhile
9. techman82 (Posts: 34; Member since: 08 Oct 2015)
Looks 2 be thicker maybe that's why there isn't as much of camera bump and the supposed great battery life, I've got the 6s and wouldn't change but this is going back to the most important things, credit due!
10. Baracus (Posts: 223; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
Still not a fan of the glass back meaning I'll need a protector front and back along with a case to give more grip on back and sides.
But with the SD slot and really good battery life I'll live with it.
11. sceamgid (Posts: 20; Member since: 12 Nov 2015)
%15 more gpu and cpu performence ist good enough to match sd820 , i'll prefer sd version.i dont like side design my s6 looks better and looks like thicker then s6.
17. Podrick (Posts: 383; Member since: 19 Aug 2015)
Better deal with a thicker phone with great battery life than having a thin phone and becoming a wall hugger.
50. marorun (Posts: 2946; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Agreed its also look more round in the back so better to hold in hand.
37. MrElectrifyer (Posts: 1963; Member since: 21 Oct 2014)
Why so? What would you want it to be? Even the All glass S6 is more durable than the all tin-can metal iPhone 6:
88. MedLEB (Posts: 69; Member since: 23 Jul 2015)
I prefer plastic instead of glass, that last is easily breakable and slipper than plastic.
95. medtxa (Posts: 1105; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
Glass is the least slippery material to your palm and textured plastics are actually the most slippery one. Dont believe me? Just do this test, put your phone on your palm with screen face down and face up then tilt your hand to vertical, so which slip first?
15. JMartin22 (Posts: 1889; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
The surprise won't be the design, it will be the capabilities and new ratings over the S6, that's what I'm looking forward to.
23. SupermanayrB (Posts: 416; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
The most sensible comment in this thread so far.
40. nodes (Posts: 681; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
what new capabilities it will have over the S6?
44. Podrick (Posts: 383; Member since: 19 Aug 2015)
Better battery life, return of the SD slot and all around hardware and performance improvement. S6 felt incomplete for me(just my opinion). S7 might seem like a minor upgrade over S6 but it feels complete unlike S6.
51. marorun (Posts: 2946; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Hardware based anti malware ( SD version ) Much more advanced Camera hardware and such as well as what Podrick said.
55. Podrick (Posts: 383; Member since: 19 Aug 2015)
Thanks for reminding! I had forgotten about the anti malware on SD820.
18. dmomintz (Posts: 18; Member since: 21 Jan 2016)
Too expensive now that carrier subsidies are gone idk anyone who can afford these, even on payment plans. Apple and Samsung are in for a rough year if they think normal people can afford that. You could buy a 4k TV and laptop together for that much!
54. DnB925Art (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Thank goodness I still have carrier subsidies with my carrier (Sprint and before anyone says anything, I have excellent coverage and service where I live) because I am on a legacy plan. I wait for specials and deals where the subsidized price sometimes makes the phone free or almost free.