Meet the Galaxy S7 and S7 edge
142.4 x 69.6 x 7.9 mm
5.36 oz (152 g)
150.9 x 72.6 x 7.7 mm
5.54 oz (157 g)
143.4 x 70.5 x 6.8 mm
4.87 oz (138 g)
138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1 mm
5.04 oz (143 g)
1. bodzio1809 (Posts: 356; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
I got great info for people worried about Exynos performance in S7. The GPU got the same performance as iPhone 6S. Of course in offscreen 1080p. Also on GFXBench are results of Adreno 530 in Xiaomi MI 5 and 2 tablets. Adreno in MI 5 got a little more fps in offscreen. T-Rex: 85.5 vs 82 Manhattan 3.1: 29.9 vs 28 and Manhattan: 40.9 vs 38.
Also I find highest results in GeekBench for S7 with Exynos, S7 with S820 and iPhone 6S Plus:
single | multi
S820 2356 | 5489
Exynos 2185 | 6583
iPhone 2563 | 4461
And here is video with GFXBench test of S7 with Exynoswww.youtube.com/watch?v=vnUKg2
1kfO0Also you need to notice that guy on video didn't wait between benchmarks so scores could be even higher.
8. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
Let me say one thing: Software and kernel are non-final. Samsung will tweak the two SoCs to the wire, to perform exactly the same. Both are equally good options. The things I'm interested are efficiency and sustained performance.
Waiting for a deep dive from Andrei Framusanu of Anandtech.
11. abdoualgeria (Posts: 295; Member since: 27 Jul 2015)
Tyrion: what version seems to have better efficiency ?
13. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
How would I know? We absolutely know nothing at this point and jumping gun on any conclusion is pointless.
23. rubyonrails3 (Posts: 240; Member since: 01 Oct 2014)
Maybe SD820 only cuz it have less cores probably they'll generate less heat..
34. QWERTYphone (Posts: 641; Member since: 22 Sep 2014)
How come no one is calling out Samsung and their fan bois for BLATANTLY LYING about not being able to combine MicroSD and UFS memory?
Anyone who buys a phone from lying scumbag corporations like Samsung (2015+) and Apple who rape their clueless buyers with inferior/fragile/gimped phones that are made of glass and have no removable battery/ microSD with ridiculously inflated prices are complete idiots.
After 7 years of being a loyal Samsung customer who bought EVERY new Samsung phone, I am HAPPY to be DUMPING Samsung for the LG G5.
36. bodzio1809 (Posts: 356; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Good for you. Everyone want something different. I don't need removable battery and microSD. 32GB is enough for me.
2. AZNHA (unregistered)
okay thanks post #1
international users might be worry about that
4. S.R.K. (banned) (Posts: 678; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)
Not at all. Definitely getting the Exynos. Poor EU will be getting the crappy Snapdragon. The S6+S6E all came with Exynos. Wth happened now? 2 variants.
Root is always an option. Samsung always underclocked their Cpu-Gpu to be on par with Snapdragon.
3. KillTheKardashians (banned) (Posts: 93; Member since: 19 Feb 2016)
All you need to know: It´s a Beast
5. S.R.K. (banned) (Posts: 678; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)
Do you deeply hate Kardishia?? So do I.
14. GreenMan (Posts: 754; Member since: 09 Nov 2015)
@KillTheKardashians A Beast?
Why I hate Samsung S Series as much as "The Kardashians"???
Ah! Probably because both are OVER-RATED twats...!
P.S Mind my potty language... I'm a grumpy ol' Aussie Guy, so bear with me, eh?
22. Norris (Posts: 121; Member since: 26 Jun 2015)
All right!We get it, you hate Samsung S series, but there's absolutely no need to post if you hate it, simple as that!
You like pure android, get a nexus.Nexus 6P is the best choice.
26. TerryTerius (Posts: 1415; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
It's an inanimate object. It is really weird to me it would make anyone upset that people like a harmless inanimate object that they don't.
Nor do I understand hate for the Kardashians. Nobody is forcing anyone to pay attention to them.
35. QWERTYphone (Posts: 641; Member since: 22 Sep 2014)
I hate the Kardashians and the animals they surround and defile themselves with. I hope they all end up like their aunt, Nicole BROWN Simpson.
37. TerryTerius (Posts: 1415; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
I'm going to be honest, given the racist statements you made in the past I literally don't give a damn what your opinion is about any subject matter. You're a typical keyboard thug who relishes in the anonymity of the internet. Have a good day fella.
7. Ordinary (Posts: 2136; Member since: 23 Apr 2015)
Really? I found some sites saying that but couldnt find official info
9. readreadz (Posts: 18; Member since: 02 Mar 2015)
Infrared port plus Nano SIM and microSD slot. / © ANDROIDPIT
10. Anonn (Posts: 230; Member since: 04 Jun 2014)
Watch the Galaxy S7 Destroy the iPhone 6S in a low light camera shoot out
12. GreenMan (Posts: 754; Member since: 09 Nov 2015)
ENOUGH WITH THE SAMMY... Its getting so annoying!
I quote: "Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 edge: all you need to know."
Well, if there was all "I" need to know about S7 and its 'edgy' sibling then the article would be BLANK...
Funny, how geeks are rejoicing that this big arsed octa-core can barely beat an iPhone 6S in benchmarks... Ha!
Apple has 2 REALLY EXTREMELY POWERFUL cores, whereas this behemoth has 8 nippy cores...!
And... Guess what, a smartphone RARELY ever uses all of its 8 Cores unless you're running some big arsed, heavy duty video game!
Now, don't get this old man wrong... I'm a Nexus & Windows Guy! Never owned an iPhone...
15. maherk (Posts: 3352; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
If you had enough of the S7 news, why arw you on it's comment section?
16. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
Actually, the per core difference this time is not that much, around 15-20%.
And no, exynos doesn't have 8 nippy cores. It has 4 powerful cores, and 4 teeny-tiny cortex a53. You don't need to run all 8 cores. Even at 3 cores, the exynos will outperform A9, if we go by the preliminary benchmarks.
Also contrary to popular belief, heavy duty video game is not a CPU intensive task. Comparing CPUs and cores and bringing gaming in context only establishes that you know little about CPU intensive tasks. CPU intensive task is usually browsing and you can easily use all 8 cores in that. Also it's not very uncommon.
Give this a quick read. You'll realise that using 4 cores is pretty common, even 7-8 is not that uncommon:
20. S.R.K. (banned) (Posts: 678; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)
8 cores running in parrelal is no good. It should've been running in "Series". That would be a big impact on the system.
That's like saying 8 Cpu are in use pushing whatever or how many tasks. Unlike parrelal 4 Cpu are pushing.
24. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
CPUs running in series is as good as just 1 CPU running, since there is no parallelism.
21. S.R.K. (banned) (Posts: 678; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)
Apple has 2 big cores at 22nm. If Exynos was build at 22nm it will destroy the A9 A9x.
17. KillTheKardashians (banned) (Posts: 93; Member since: 19 Feb 2016)
Samsung Note 5 = 3000 mAh
Galaxy s7 = 3000 mAh
19. pubbaa (Posts: 25; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
i think it's official
S6 Edge + is the B*st*rd child of samsung, nothing is inherited to it
thank you for discriminating us,
your loyal users.
28. j2001m (Posts: 2755; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
It's just Samsung name for it, they use it all the time, means nothing
29. kevin91202 (Posts: 514; Member since: 08 Jun 2014)
Samsung Galaxy S7
5.61 x 2.74 x 0.31 inches
142.4 x 69.6 x 7.9 mm
5.36 oz (152 g)
Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
5.94 x 2.86 x 0.3 inches
150.9 x 72.6 x 7.7 mm
5.54 oz (157 g)
How does the S7 edge only weigh 5 more grams than the S7? Is this correct?
31. benno (Posts: 94; Member since: 17 Apr 2015)
I thought that was weird top.
5g only? Surely not
30. Subliminal_ (Posts: 7; Member since: 05 Dec 2015)
I was honestly looking forward to the g5, but I think I'm going to go with the s7 or x performance. Lg should have improved low light performance instead of field of view.
32. combatmedic870 (Posts: 547; Member since: 02 Sep 2015)
You can only improve low light SO much with these tiny sensors. The low light difference between the S6 and S7 isn't going to be all that dramatic...Maybe...1/4 stop...
33. combatmedic870 (Posts: 547; Member since: 02 Sep 2015)
It's the processing that's going to make a difference maybe a 1/2 stop.