Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom specs leak out: 20 MP camera, Exynos 5 Hexa processor, 4.8" display
11. likemorethan1 (Posts: 48; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
or the 1820/1025. and actually it's "beat"
33. Kal-el (Posts: 92; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
Uhhh no optical stabilization... Blurry pics its an issue thus isn't really a great comparision...soooooo 1020 is more a realistic comparision to beat this unless you got super stable hands or a tripod for the 808. The 808 has amazing hardware in terms of Lens, aperture, sensor size but without stabilization its like an octacore with 1gb ram
2. wando77 (Posts: 644; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
I actually want something like this but samsung have let down with crappy specs. Same screen/processor as gs5 and I'm in. And what's with 'no hdr'?
5. maherk (Posts: 2709; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I was waiting to upgrade my galaxy camera to galaxy camera 2, but I was disappointed, No major changes that seduced me. But I kinda like the specs on this one
3. Gaurav008 (Posts: 298; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
What's the storage thing? o.O
And yeah brace yourself.
4. TechFreak123 (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
I think there is 5.1GB available user space and of this 4.5GB is free.
6. DONUT (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
it says the storage is 4.5GB/5.1GB. isnt tt way too little? for an android phone its alr way to little, i cant imagine how much a squeeze it'll be once there's pictures. hopefully the final specs have much more memory, simply putting a microsd card slot isnt enough imo
23. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4214; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Well, now that there are 128 GB SD cards coming out, I believe a SD card is the answer to storing pictures. But, if you want more apps, you're screwed.
7. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3683; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
What crapxynos 5. Snapdragon 800 with 4k recording would be perfect. But it wont matter afterall who's gonna buy such a niche product.
29. Just.Saying (Posts: 132; Member since: 04 Apr 2013)
Well, ask yourself this, If you where samsung and the S4 Zoom didn't make you money, Will you bother making an s5 Zoom?
Hate how much you want but the s4 Zoom acheived what samsung wanted hence they made the s5 Zoom and it'll probably sell well enough to prompt an S6 Zoom next year
8. skyline88 (Posts: 407; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
S5 Mini, S5 F-Series, S5 Pro 6.0 and S5 Urban are on their way too.
18. Kyokado (Posts: 115; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Wait... s5 urban? Does it replace the active variant? Cos what I remember from the s4 active is that its water and dust proof, and a better design and feel, physical keys, ips display and a lower camera. How are they gg to do that on the s5? Dust and water resistant is already fine, design and feel are about ok. Maybe they would make a ips variant?
22. Kyokado (Posts: 115; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
I am just saying. Variants are very much impossible
9. Lt.Green (Posts: 397; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I'd probably get the SG Camera 2 over this.
10. limporgyuk (Posts: 266; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
Godammit, who is gonna buy this?? Probably the same people who bought the first one.... very few and those with big pockets
15. OneManAndHisDroid (Posts: 2; Member since: 14 Mar 2014)
it's definitely a niche product, and what saddens me most is that in order for this to be really viable - like most have said, it needs to have the oomph of the G5 behind it...
not having a 1080p screen when the videos/pictures you can take will be HD is the first mis-step (ridiculous)
but the low processor and only 2gb RAM - when the criticism of last year's version was that it was too sluggish, etc. - won't convert anyone...
I honestly had a play with the S4 Zoom and it's remarkably small - this talk of bulk is nonsense, unless you actively want a wafer for a phone - this is a solid-sized, good-looking phonera (camphone?)
I've had Sammy phones for the last 4 years now (back since the G2) and I think Android now has plateaued - any phone whether it's Z2 / GS5 / LG2 / HTC1, whatever it is, you're going to get the same smooth / fantastic experience. I now want something different, I want a fantastic camera and I really had my eye on this, but if these specs are true then it's like buying a 2 year old phone and having it for 2 years... no thanks...
I honestly think I'll be getting the 1020 successor whatever it may be (not even announced yet) - but after the 1020 vs GS4 Zoom comparisons of last year, I can't even imagine what the 1820(?) will have in store this year... a real shame, I think this has cemented my move from Android... :/
16. sergiobr (Posts: 618; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Waiting for the sensor size !!! 1" I´ll buy it !
19. SonyPS4 (Posts: 322; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Dont call this S5 Zoom if specs is totally different from S5.
20. sip1995 (Posts: 1409; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
Another wannabe Nokia Lumia 1020 from Samesung.
btw I'm not trolling, I'm just saying the truth.
28. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10081; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The word 'Samesung' says otherwise. You never quit do you?
30. sip1995 (Posts: 1409; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
Why should i quit ? Actualy you know that it will be almost the same, just like the gs5 is almost the same with the gs4. Come on report me again (PA send an email for this), this is what you're doing when don't like different opinions.
31. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10081; Member since: 14 May 2012)
There's a difference between expressing your opinion and trolling. I swear to god if you're incapable of knowing the two, read the damn rules.
Obviously I'm in the right if PA agreed with me. Trolls like you need to be banned.
32. sip1995 (Posts: 1409; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
Banned for what....for saying the truth.. If i say that a phone will be the same or that an OS contains malware....it't MY OPINION it's not trolling. Anyway i put an end on this cuz i lost my time trying to reply to you and to others that they blame me.
26. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3612; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Nice option though with specs. ;)
34. fzacek (Posts: 2481; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
They should have kept the exact specs of the GS5 and just added a better camera... It's too much of a compromise of specs only for a better camera.