The update has started arriving to the GT-I9100P model of the Galaxy S II, based on the Samsung Exynos 4210. Earlier, in March, Samsung started updating the GT-I9100G version of the S II, the one with a Texas Instruments chip.
And it is a massive update, one of the biggest we’ve seen. The Samsung Galaxy S II launched with Android 2.3 Gingerbread, and now is getting updated to the brand new Nature UX, the same used in the Galaxy S III.
You can get the update either over the air or via Samsung Kies. Here is a quick list of the new features:
- Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
- Full User Interface Revamp (Same UI as of the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II)
- TouchWiz Nature UX
- Samsung’s S Cloud services
- Improved Camera features
- New Lockscreen With Many Customization Options
- New Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
- New Widgets (From Galaxy S III)
- 2 Home screen modes
- New Notification bar With More Notification Toggles
- Google Now
Official Firmware Details:
Android Version: 4.1.2 – Build JZO54K