Roughly 120,000 Samsung Galaxy S II handsets sold in South Korea in the first three days
Since going on sale April 29th, the polarizing Samsung Galaxy S II is already achieving some great initial sales figures in South Korea where it’s being launched first. From the looks of it all, so far over 120,000 units of the smartphone have been sold in just the first three days of its availability. Aiding to the healthy figure is the fact that the handset went on sale with all three major operators in South Korea; breaking down to 65,000 for SK Telecom, 40,000 units with KT, and 15,000 sold for LG U+.
Having such a great start is indeed nice for the handset, which undoubtedly will start its global rise to fame, as we wait for the handset to make its debut in other markets around the world.
source: Yonhap News Agency via Samsung Hub
1. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
just wish it had sense... although touchwiz is very practical, it just doesnt look as nice...
7. protozeloz (Posts: 5379; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I want to see what sammy has under its sleeve they say its being modified so its both functional and flashy
11. remixfa (Posts: 14044; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i spent so much time modding and flipping roms in the galaxy 1, i never got bored with touchwiz.. lol. sooooooo many awesome roms in the mod community to toy with! :)
12. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
true, but i would prefer to have the phone i buy be the one i want to use... not just depend on a rom to make it nice
16. remixfa (Posts: 14044; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i think you misunderstood me. The phone is great without it. I personally just like to flip roms and experience EVERYTHING that there is to offer.. not just what the manufacturer/carrier offers.
2. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3040; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
The new touch wiz looks a lot better. Please come to the us already!
3. ps1001 (Posts: 65; Member since: 14 Dec 2010)
i think this year things will be interesting for sales - comparing the rivals - iphone5 and andro dual-core line...
we'll see in jan2012 which way the tide will go....
4. jklsdjflksdjf (unregistered)
iPhone obviously. This isn't even a question or something to ponder about, dumbass haha.
6. aztaxia12295 (Posts: 266; Member since: 22 Nov 2009)
time to get out of the basement and get a life
15. sunmatch (unregistered)
I like your sarcasm.
5. sniperace (Posts: 95; Member since: 20 Aug 2009)
Dear phone gods please let Sprint get this phone without the dam keyboard this time!!
13. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
haha nope... u have evo 3d which is better anyways
9. jp (unregistered)
damn it! US is so slow!!!!!!
14. nfivnoewnv (unregistered)
this is without question the best phone in the market right now but htc sensation will be better cuz ov the new sense and well htc's famous built quality.
17. Goldeneye (Posts: 357; Member since: 22 Jan 2011)
Samsung better be prompt with updates this time they've lost a lot of credibility, at least in the US, and also get rid of the S just leave it "galaxy" shorter and more practical name
18. chinakidoliver.iab (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
y is it that lg is forgoten like the optimus 3d, or the optimus 2x ............. mayb their lack of advertisment
19. jegan2111 (unregistered)
When will this mobile hit INDIA?