Roughly 120,000 Samsung Galaxy S II handsets sold in South Korea in the first three days
Since going on sale April 29th, the polarizing Samsung Galaxy S II is already achieving some great initial sales figures in South Korea where it’s being launched first. From the looks of it all, so far over 120,000 units of the smartphone have been sold in just the first three days of its availability. Aiding to the healthy figure is the fact that the handset went on sale with all three major operators in South Korea; breaking down to 65,000 for SK Telecom, 40,000 units with KT, and 15,000 sold for LG U+.
Having such a great start is indeed nice for the handset, which undoubtedly will start its global rise to fame, as we wait for the handset to make its debut in other markets around the world.
source: Yonhap News Agency via Samsung Hub
1. Lucas777 posted on 04 May 2011, 17:42 2
just wish it had sense... although touchwiz is very practical, it just doesnt look as nice...
7. protozeloz posted on 04 May 2011, 19:43 0
I want to see what sammy has under its sleeve they say its being modified so its both functional and flashy
11. remixfa posted on 04 May 2011, 21:25 0
i spent so much time modding and flipping roms in the galaxy 1, i never got bored with touchwiz.. lol. sooooooo many awesome roms in the mod community to toy with! :)
12. Lucas777 posted on 04 May 2011, 22:27 1
true, but i would prefer to have the phone i buy be the one i want to use... not just depend on a rom to make it nice
16. remixfa posted on 05 May 2011, 18:35 0
i think you misunderstood me. The phone is great without it. I personally just like to flip roms and experience EVERYTHING that there is to offer.. not just what the manufacturer/carrier offers.
2. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 04 May 2011, 17:48 3
The new touch wiz looks a lot better. Please come to the us already!
3. ps1001 posted on 04 May 2011, 17:58 0
i think this year things will be interesting for sales - comparing the rivals - iphone5 and andro dual-core line...
we'll see in jan2012 which way the tide will go....
4. jklsdjflksdjf (unregistered) posted on 04 May 2011, 18:36 0
iPhone obviously. This isn't even a question or something to ponder about, dumbass haha.
15. sunmatch (unregistered) posted on 05 May 2011, 04:41 0
I like your sarcasm.
5. sniperace posted on 04 May 2011, 19:01 3
Dear phone gods please let Sprint get this phone without the dam keyboard this time!!
13. Lucas777 posted on 04 May 2011, 22:28 1
haha nope... u have evo 3d which is better anyways
9. jp (unregistered) posted on 04 May 2011, 20:36 3
damn it! US is so slow!!!!!!
14. nfivnoewnv (unregistered) posted on 05 May 2011, 03:22 0
this is without question the best phone in the market right now but htc sensation will be better cuz ov the new sense and well htc's famous built quality.
17. Goldeneye posted on 05 May 2011, 21:23 0
Samsung better be prompt with updates this time they've lost a lot of credibility, at least in the US, and also get rid of the S just leave it "galaxy" shorter and more practical name
18. chinakidoliver.iab posted on 07 May 2011, 19:06 0
y is it that lg is forgoten like the optimus 3d, or the optimus 2x ............. mayb their lack of advertisment
19. jegan2111 (unregistered) posted on 08 May 2011, 03:40 0
When will this mobile hit INDIA?