Photo claiming to show front panel of the Apple iPhone 6 reveals new bezeless look, larger screen
Obviously, with a story like this, we suggest that you keep a cynical eye when you view the pictures. The cut out for the home button does not appeared to be centered which actually could have allowed someone to obtain a discarded panel, or it could be indicative of a fake. And the bezels could have been scraped off.
Considering the number of leaks we saw last year prior to the unveiling of the Apple iPhone 5s and Apple iPhone 5c, we also should not dismiss the legitimacy of the panel so quickly. Compared with the panel for previous iPhones, you can see the larger screen and how the bezel work contributes to it.
The latest speculation is that Apple could be moving up the introduction of the Apple iPhone 6 to July. And there is still the matter of that rumored iPhone phablet with a 5.5 inch screen.
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
source: NWE (translated)
4. Feanor (Posts: 522; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
I mean, I don't see how they would make the power button touch the display.
Someone just took an iPhone 5 panel and scraped off the ceramic paint.
20. Finalflash (Posts: 2195; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
This is definitely fake, a phone that size would require your thumb to stretch out completely to reach the other side. Doing that is already a problem because your Palm then registers as a touch, but on a no bezel screen that would be a problem all the time. That would just be an ergonomics disaster.
21. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1071; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Apple fixed it a year ago with the ipad where it wont register as a touch when you are just holding the ipad on the sides of the screen. So it is definitely possible.
25. KingaSpades (Posts: 45; Member since: 04 Nov 2013)
Apple has had software to make sure that's not an issue since the introduction of the iPad mini. It's not an issue on that device. Or the iPad air. It won't be an issue on the iPhone 6.
12. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
I have always said, the company that puts out the first bezel-less phone will truly win over the peoples hearts... i just hope it inst apple lol
p.s. pretty shocked on of the gazillion android makers hasn't done it yet
14. akki20892 (Posts: 3798; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
No It's a real panel,.................................But it's not iPhone 6 panel.
18. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Meh. May be fake. May not be fake. Apple is going to have a larger screen for the iP6. As Alan wrote, if they can reduce the bezel size, that is more real estate that is available for increasing the screen size without increasing the overall size of the phone.
The iP6 will have a larger screen. The question is how do they deliver the larger screen. They will probably do it through a combination of reduced bezel size plus stretch the physical dimensions of the phone. This type of incremental approach can result in a 4.7-ish screen size in a slightly larger phone.
39. almostdone (Posts: 177; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
1. Every LCD screen has a frame hence will have some sort of a bezel.
2. Physical buttons like volume are usually located on the sides adding tiny thickness to the bezel.
3. A screen without bezel means it will easily damage. Even OLED screens would suffer and LCD would simply crack.
10. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Don't be silly..it will have a bezel...more likely metal casing...still looks good. I really hope the 2014 One will somehow look better than the leaks..
35. cheetah2k (Posts: 1177; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
If this is the real deal, Apple will have to revise its patent diagrams as all of them show a bezel lol
3. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Hummmm... Don't know about this.. I have high expectations for the next iPhone, and this isn't what I've been thinking.... We'll see...
5. Epicness1o1 (Posts: 237; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Look at the bottom circle it isnt propetly cut,uts fake 100 %
6. hellonerds (Posts: 279; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Yeah that home button is not even center out..
11. lukkiristi (Posts: 62; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Exactly, it also doesn't seem big enough to be 4.7 inches in diameter.
7. power_x (Posts: 264; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
totally fake , the home button is not perfectly aligned besides the home button is getting into the way of the screen
22. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1071; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Did any sherlock like you think that this may be an early prototype?
8. Dante216 (Posts: 31; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
This is obviously fake. PhoneArena, you don't have to post EVERY rumored leak. Some you can tell they're not legit by looking at them.
23. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1071; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
And some could just be real but early prototypes that actually look like fake.
26. stealthd (Posts: 1067; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
When everyone wants to come in and give it their 2 cents in the comments, they most certainly DO have to keep posting these and keep generating those ad clicks.
9. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3512; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Even I could make a more realistic looking front panel...
15. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
go to the source of the image
Front camera hole is smaller
16. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
This is a garbage post phonearena. Looks like someone took a piece of plastic, cut a hole at the bottom and added black stickers. What a terrible hack job.
24. untouchable (Posts: 19; Member since: 04 Sep 2010)
Here we go again. It has officially started. From now on we will read articles about iPhone 6 leaked this leaked that. It will go on untill iPhone 6 is officially announced.
27. nctx77 (Posts: 1175; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
If you measure the center back panel on an iPhone 5/5s, it is indeed 4.7 inches. This could be possible, but that home button is a dead giveaway.
28. Taters (Posts: 5008; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
If this is true then this is one of the reasons why Apple is so successful. They don't add more for stupid things like boom sound, waterproofing, and heart rate monitors.
Samsung was once smart enough to know this but they got pressured by the media and haters to screw up the GS5.
29. Taters (Posts: 5008; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
It should read they don't add more BEZEL for....
30. trollz (Posts: 37; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
Fake. He just erased some of the black parts from a 5s display
31. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Mass e top and bottom bezel though #wasted retail space
32. saeeas1994 (Posts: 2; Member since: 05 Sep 2011)
The next iPhone will have 4.5" (~326 ppi) HD 720p display
33. simon316907662 (Posts: 2; Member since: 02 Mar 2014)
the background of the pics is a Chinese knot, and also the logo of China Telecom, do the pics have any thing to do with China Telecom?
38. darkkjedii (Posts: 16183; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Just get 2 ready for the jedster. I'm ready to rock the 6.
40. SAO101789 (Posts: 123; Member since: 10 Feb 2014)
I can try and deal with another 8mp camera. But if the screen is just a little bigger not a lot I'm going for nokia or samsung and sell my iphone for a tablet. Ios bring wide gets or something to compete with the other OS because you are getting lame no offense. WP is committed to work or something new and I respect them for what they are doing.
42. samirsshah (Posts: 61; Member since: 10 Mar 2011)
Nobody knows how US customers (specially women with smaller hands) will react to a bigger sized iPhone so it is a good idea to reduce the bezel so that thumb typing may still be possible.