People hungry for Windows Phones, Lumia 920 tops sales chart
How can we explain that? Is it because of the high-end features these handsets offer? Is it due to demand for Windows Phone 8 getting bigger and bigger as Microsoft initiates its marketing campaigns? Is it just a temporary boost due to the platform's recent launch? These we cannot be sure of, but at least we know that everything will become clear with time. Either Microsoft's going to sink completely (is there any room left below?), or it's going to turn this business into a three-horse race.
What are your thoughts about the future of the Windows Phone 8 ecosystem?
1. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
O no no no this is good news...! There lieing fake hype?
2. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
not even gonna bother been nice, just shut up troll
3. SherlockHolmes (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Seriously he is an a**hole !!
Pissing on every article !!
4. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
You're worth the number of thumbs down you get and not worth the ups!!!
22. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1059; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
oh come on mate....stop acting like your name or your pic...Lumia 920 is a very nicely built phone with a very refreshing OS....its no surprise its doing well...Respect That!
51. darkkjedii (Posts: 9316; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'm gonna try the Lumia, and give true unbiased review.
5. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
This is great news for Nokia...and Microsoft!!!
Cannot be more happy for them...sans Ballmer!
32. wendygarett (unregistered)
And I never thought moto xoom can be at top 8 lol...
6. husfus (Posts: 62; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
Troll sees red number as green. Dont bother to mention him as i did
7. tigermcm (Posts: 607; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
im a WP guy but I honestly am starting to wonder if inventory was purposely made low for stuff like this
39. -box- (Posts: 3568; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
It's top selling, not list of most-sold-out.
45. tigermcm (Posts: 607; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
It baffles me that tmobile stores already dont have dont have stock here, let alone att, or verizon stores. Ive called a few stores from each carrier smh
9. Mobile-X-Pert (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Dec 2010)
Does anyone know where ''TROLL'' live so that I can send him a gift? I got something that he might enjoy a lot.......BOOM!!!!!!!!
11. wp8forever (unregistered)
Wp8 is on I got my Lumia 920 white . Troll all u can do is hate but u can't stop this tile revolution lol.
12. asseek (Posts: 164; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
that's a good new for Nokia, and for the WP8 ecosystem.
13. FranksGT (Posts: 167; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
Good news for Nokia but do you see those price jumpes from the Other windows phones? Whys it so expensive? Oh and look who it is (chaoticrazor), posting in yet another WP article to claim his beloved fanboyism!
14. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
aww look you mentioned me in your comment, you getting obsessed with me mate lmao
and look another comment from you to try bring some negative crap in, tell me why you trying to say im a fanboy yet you prove you are over and over again
46. asseek (Posts: 164; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
congrats for u being his\her wp nightmare lol
15. Shino (Posts: 159; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Ray S, or Gay S, or whatever your name is, the only thing that has sunk long time ago is your brain, buddy. After such conclusions, if I was your boss, I'd pick up the phone and fire you immediately. PA, I have written to you before, just hire educated people.
19. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Why all the hate , he have mouths to feed .
He;s terrible , but there may be worse
That Adam from pocketnow sucks too .
But only Adam's video sucks , his article wasnt that bad .
Ray , if you are reading this , send me a warning , or even ban me , see if i care
24. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Lol u made my day. Gay S lololol. Laughed hard at that.
40. -box- (Posts: 3568; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
In fairness to Ray, he did an honest review of the Lumia 820, so he deserves some credit.
Or at least, he was listed as the author
16. terabyteRouser (Posts: 407; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I think this proves that iOS is starting to show its age. People are simply getting bored with the iOS UI. It's no longer new, impressive or engaging—it needs a refresh.
I have two friends who were once iPhone zealots. I mean they would make fun of anyone not using an iPhone. The first of the two upgraded to the iPhone 5. He was explicitly disappointed. He stated, "It's cool but I wouldn't recommend anyone buy it. It's pretty much the same." The second of the two told me, "I'm getting tired of the iPhone. I've had the iPhone since the first one. It's just boring. When I used Windows Phone 7.5, it was a similar feeling I had when I first used the iPhone. I was really engaged in the phone." He pre-ordered the Lumia 920.
I think Apple is going to have to innovate the iPhone instead producing more of the same, if they don't want to see this trend incline.
27. Rydsmith (Posts: 90; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
My parents (some of the key segments for iOS due to the simplicity of the phone) have seen my Lumia 920 and have instantly fallen in love with it.
My father is getting the black one and my mother the red (though she wishes that the magenta/pink was available for purchase).
30. KLikePhones (Posts: 5; Member since: 24 Aug 2012)
I just got back from the AT&T store and had the opportunity to handle the Lumia 920 and now I officially want to buy this phone. Seeing it in person is really the determining factor, not these online reviews/videos. It's beautifully designed and the OS is seamless, smooth as butter. And you really can't beat the price. When my contract's up in February (with VZW mind you), I'm going straight to the store to get a white one, and I will use it proudly for all to see!
I only hope Nokia will come out with a matching tablet but that might be too much to ask.
20. haseebzahid (Posts: 1775; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
if their is 4-6% increase in market share in next quater then this was a good start 10% willl be extrodinary
21. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Acer 2nd spot seriously? That list is doubtful
41. -box- (Posts: 3568; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
It's top selling from one retailer. It is what it is.
26. Altair (Posts: 298; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Well, what can I say, do the same for iPhone 5 or S3 and any 920 owner will get a good laugh.
29. Muzhhur (Posts: 231; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
In Mexico we gonna wait until february... this is insane!!! Cmon Nokia give us a chance for december!!
36. asseek (Posts: 164; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
yea that really sucks, here in Lebanon we'll have to wait at least till January :S
31. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 600; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
This article by Ray S. is hater approved... Seriously why do guy like Ray S and Victor H even bother with writing Microsoft/Windows/Nokia/Windows Phone related articles??
I honestly believe that they share the "TROLL" account and comment on their own work after publishing it.
42. -box- (Posts: 3568; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Ray wrote a nice review about the Lumia 820. Gotta give him credit there.
33. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1435; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
I owned the lumia 920, for a week,, and no, it's not all that,, great camera, Yes,, all the other, is just windows 7ish,,..now I have the iPhone 5..which is also..meh..
35. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
you also said that wp8 confused you..........how exactly
37. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 487; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
I hope this is real and not some sort of fluke. WP8 may never beat iOS or Android, but it deserves to at least be a solid #3
43. -box- (Posts: 3568; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Oh, I think WP (perhaps not 8, but it stands a chance) will beat ios if ios continues on its downward spiral. Personally I predict Android and WP will have a duopoly with either iOS, Bada, Blackberry, or Jolla's OS as 3rd
38. nooraldeen (Posts: 48; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
if MS kept going like this it's going to top Android and IOS all they need now is more apps and maybe a wallpaper to the home screen would be a nice thing. also a notification center and thats all. i can't wait to get the Nokia Lumia 920 i'm not buying it now cuz of the st*pid exams :(
44. -box- (Posts: 3568; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Eh, wallpaper would clash with the tiles. Some of the advertised phones look a bit chaotic with all the different tiles competing for attention, but still well laid out - to each their own I guess. I personally like the color tiles (like messaging, phone, email, etc) with the updates there and just a few tiles outside the color scheme. Notifications are already in WP, but not a center/bar for them, which could be OK but just a quick scroll through the Start screen will indicate what programs have something worthy of attention. One thing I noticed about Android was that sometimes stuff gets missing in the notification center anyway or doesn't populate there by design
47. Credo (Posts: 677; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Maybe he means a wallpaper background like we have in Windows 8, that would also give something special to Windows Phone ...
48. -box- (Posts: 3568; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Perhaps, but unless there's a border around the tiles, I think a background image might clash. That said, I would like more color options for the background than just white or black. I don't mind the Nokia blue on black I have now, but having only white as an alternate is too bright and, to me, garish.
49. Credo (Posts: 677; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Thats true, imagine orange tiles on a blue background, in my opinion just gorgeous !! :( +1
54. nooraldeen (Posts: 48; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
if the tiles remained the same a wallpaper wouldn't effect it, for example if the tiles are colored in red and puts a wallpaper on the screen the tiles would be on the wallpaper framed in the red color so u will be able to read whats in the tile without having the wallpaper to mess the text. or at least they should add more colors to the wallpaper ur stuck with the light or dark.hhhh, i know the notifications are in the tiles but the notification center is nice like Android it lets u control the wi-fi,etc. for me even without the wallpaper and the notification center i'm still going to buy the Lumia 920 (of course the Red version) hhh
56. asseek (Posts: 164; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
let's say they did that wy, then tell me how would u see the background? since the gap between tiles is small, the background is just useless
65. nooraldeen (Posts: 48; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
yup it's small but still a background is better than black or white color , it makes u feel that there is something out there. or as i said more colors to the background
66. asseek (Posts: 164; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
maybe, i would prefer a background IF they offer a customization to control the opacity (transparency) of the tiles, and make it a bit blury, so u don't lose the contrast between icons within the tiles and the background
67. nooraldeen (Posts: 48; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
ya they can do all kind of stuff but all they did is black or white background but still it's very nice even without the background
58. Edmund (Posts: 646; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
The same thing happened on Amazon where the white 920 is now on back-order.
61. lubba (Posts: 1310; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
f**k i don't even know how long I have to wait for my red Lumia 920 ordered from WalMart!
64. Dave_Granger (Posts: 6; Member since: 16 Nov 2012)
Well I hope this is true, Nokia deserve some good news for a change.
68. 7thspaceman (Posts: 900; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
the first and second generation Windows smart did not have the high tech specs to make people desire to buy them on contract or otherwise but now that the Windows Smart phones have as much high tech as the phones they compete with people will give them a try. Nokia however missed the sweet sized smart phone they need a 4.3 inch diagonal high def screen smart phone with Gorilla glass that also has all the specs of the Lumia 920 except a pure VUE camera. some folks want a smart phones that is not as big in the hand as the Big Nokia 920. If only nokioa had made an 4.3 icn high def screen lumia 820 or lumia 822 with gorilla glass they would have had a super one two punch in smart phone selection because both these Smart have the high tech specs of the 920 but donot have a goriila glass high def screen or a pure vue camers
69. phil2n (Posts: 466; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
they are smart people out their.. no iphone.. ahaha