Panasonic reveals insane 20-inch tablet with 4K resolution display
1. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4497; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
lol Yeah that is as portable as those HUGE boom boxes from the 80's. You are definitely going to need some HUGE pockets for that. lol
22. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2872; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
You generally carry around your tablet in your pocket?
24. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4497; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
No, I don't. I thought the joke was clear, but I guess not. lol
Man you need to go & watch Spaceballs so you can appreciate the humor. It was on Encore 2 days ago.
25. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2872; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I've seen Spaceballs. The joke was clear, it just wasn't a very good one.
32. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4497; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Who are you to say it wasn't a good one? lol
What are you PhoneArena.com's bad joke monitor? C'mon man you are like that weak no fun RA at college that everyone complains about. lol
Let me tell you something your joke was pretty busted also, so in your book 2 bad jokes make a right, right?!?
There is plenty to post about in PhoneArena.com, I find it really petty that you waste the time to post about my obviously on purpose bad joke. I am glad I intrigue you but you really shouldn’t. I am flattered you took the time though. lol
-1 on that one buddy. Man I am really having a good time here. lol
33. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2872; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I think the 13 thumbs up I received as opposed to the 0 you did speak quite resoundingly to the "s**ttiness" of your joke. Also, don't flatter yourself. It's quite a stretch to think that my comment means that I am "intrigued" by you. I take five minutes out of most of my days to take a dump in my toilet, but I assure you that I am not intrigued by it, either.
34. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4497; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
You must be new around these parts because thumbs up or thumbs down mean nothing. lol
Rookie mistake there.
Remember your joke was just as sh*tty as mine. BUT you & only YOU commented on my post.
Again I ask you, are you PhoneArena.com's bad joke monitor & if so, why did you post an equally bad joke? You know you are not supposed to do that. Also whatever you do while dumping is your prerogative so please keep that nasty sh*t to yourself. No pun intended there. lol
BAD, BAD PhoneArena.com bad joke monitor. lol
Also since you care so much here is another -1 for you. :-)
35. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2872; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
If thumbs don't matter, then why were you the only one that thumbed down all my posts? Anyway, rhetorical question. As much as I'm enjoying this immature banter, I think I'll pass. Later, guy.
37. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4497; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yes I am glad you finally see how immature your post on my obviously on purpose bad joke was.
Also I thumbed you down because I know you don't like it.
See there is a method to the madness. lol
It's very regal you to "I'll pass" when you originally started this immature banter as you so cleverly stated.
I wish you recognized it BEFORE you posted your comment. Better late than never right?
+1 to you.
2. techguy22 (Posts: 227; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
don't you love technology ????
imagine the next ipad(meh), nexus 10 or galaxy note 10.1 with that resolution
3. Valdomero (Posts: 126; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
YAY! finally a high resolution touchscreen TV!!... wait what?, is this still considered a tablet?
13. valapsp (Posts: 484; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
Isn't that REALLY considered LOW for a 20" tablet with demanding hardware?
5. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Clearly bonkers, but what on earth is powering that thing and how long with the battery last at such resolutions, also there is practically nothing that outputs in such resolutions, heck even most cable companies don't output 1080p as of yet. Can only imagine the amount of bandwidth such visuals eat up. Wonder how affordable this will be, now if that was a tad smaller would be a great tablet. 10" with 4K resolution would match the DNA 441 pixel density but in a nice sexy tablet form.
Shouldn't this sort of tech be used in movie theaters before it hits home? You'll be hard pressed to watch anything in the theaters anymore if the visuals are worse than your OLED 55" 4K TV and 11.2 studio sound system.
6. skymitch89 (Posts: 1140; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
I could see Samsung coming up with a 4k SAMOLED display for their Note 10.1 2. That'd equal about 440ppi. Or even, some how, a 6in 4k display for the Note 3 with about 734ppi.
10. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I don't see that happening for the Note 3, the battery would die within minutes, if not seconds so 1080p is where it stands unless the Note 4 increases it's screen size to 6.7 inches. Knowing Samsung or even Huawei, that's probably what they'd consider for their next generation line of Tablets/Phablets, the former definitely has the irk and grunt to pull it off for bragging rights.
27. zippolite28 (Posts: 101; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
440ppi is extreme and 734ppi is not neeaded :-)
38. faisolbauuz (Posts: 121; Member since: 05 Jan 2013)
Well htc droid dna are using 1920x1080 screen with 441ppi so expect another 400+ ppi phone on 2013
7. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
That's one big phablet. Does it make phone calls? j/k
21. phonemonkey (Posts: 168; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
of course it makes calls :D
9. cripton805 (Posts: 1017; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
At 20" that is way too big to carry around. We had a 19" LCD TV in the office. That's actually bigger than my LCD monitor I have on my desk.
11. imkyle (Posts: 1029; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
20 inch tabelt? I don't care if it has an 8 core processor with 4gb of ram and the best display in the world.... Too fricken big.
12. TheCynicalTechie (Posts: 78; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
This is obviously an All-in-one PC. I would definitely get one to use as a monitor, nobody expects someone to carry this around as a tablet.
15. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
it has a battery so it is not considered an all in one. with a battery it is obvious that it is designed to be portable.
i would totally buy one if it came with an external power supply instead of a battery. these specs would make an amazing all-in-one, but the battery reveals that it is a tablet.
39. TheCynicalTechie (Posts: 78; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
irrelevant, the Lenovo Horizon and Vaio Tap 20 come with batteries and are still considered All-in-one PCs. The batteries are there for convenience and semi portability.
14. andro. (Posts: 1974; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
resolution...oh yes! Size? maybe too big. I'd buy a tab upto standard laptop 15 inch screen size though
16. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3048; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Make it foldable and it will be an innovation of the century.
19. jibraihimi (Posts: 698; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
So does this thing come with keyboard dock..........??? May be it could be used as high end gaming laptop........
20. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 972; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Why do we have crazy resolutions on phones and tablets and laptops are still stuck with shi**y 1366x768 with awfull viewing angles, the only good screens on laptops are on laptops that cost 1000+ € Bring the screen resolution war to laptops pleaseee! :/
23. downphoenix (Posts: 2496; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Totally agree. I know someone that paid $1300 for an excellent gaming laptop, he's capped at 1600x900 for the resolution. Seriously? He's got a 660M in his laptop, that would more than handle 1080p, or higher rez.
26. jibraihimi (Posts: 698; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
That's insane resolution even on 20" screen, what with most manufacturers not even putting FullHd screens on it's Tablets/ laptops/ ultrabooks.......... They should make it with some sort of stand just like Microsoft's surface, and they should also make some keyboard dock, for this.........
30. _PHug_ (Posts: 399; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
Had my money all ready to buy until you said that it runs Windows.
31. speckledapple (Posts: 879; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Now that is an official juicy device.
36. bluescreen (Posts: 154; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
too bad ur gonna have to sell a couple of ur organs on the black market to be able to pay for it though