Oppo Find 5 gets a US info site - $499 nets you Droid DNA specs but a much larger battery
1. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 373; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
The design is superb.Looks like concept design.
6. MeoCao (unregistered)
Looks like a Sony
19. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Sony aint coming as close to this.
This design is so minimalistic, yet nice at the same time
20. kevkyle (Posts: 88; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
that is one STUNNING design - am an architect - having an aesthetic orgasm just right about now", )
2. Izzy_V (Posts: 216; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Oppo needs to give design tips to the other Android manufacturers. This phone looks great.
37. AnTuTu (Posts: 1522; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
M gonna buy this as soon as this comes out. What a beauty man :)
3. redmd (Posts: 1103; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
looks like LG on front, Sony on back. Oppo is inspired.
4. F5AllMobileWebsite (Posts: 5; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
even though i care about warranty but for many years now i have not send any smartphone for warranty.
5. marchels14 (unregistered)
Awesome design from the front but the back looks a bit cheap,specs are great too, this is how a simple and stylish phone looks like.
7. MeoCao (unregistered)
Resolution is 1 thing, can the screen quality match DNA?
And the CPU looks suspect too, but good try nevertherless.
9. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 164; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
if it's even not it's just 500 $ man
15. MeoCao (unregistered)
By the time Oppo reaches the US market I think DNA can be even cheaper than $500.
16. Hemlocke (unregistered)
It's the same screen from Sharp that the DNA has, and it is the same SoC (APQ8064).
18. MeoCao (unregistered)
Screen quality depends a lot on color calibration, and one company can do a better job than another with the same screen.
Yeah, the CPU is the same but Oppo obviously lacks LTE
21. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Its pretty obvious you dont like it because of where it comes from.
32. MeoCao (unregistered)
u r right, I don't think the Chinese can make better phones than HTC and Sony, maybe later not now.
You guys look at pictures not real thing. I heard a lot of noise about Oppo but they still haven't released any serious phones yet.
39. GUNDAM (Posts: 63; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
im sure you realise that htc is a Taiwanese company??
25. SleepingOz (unregistered)
What a biased statement!
10. wendygarett (unregistered)
Not another 1080p :(
11. wendygarett (unregistered)
Wait did pa mention 1080p?
13. someones4 (Posts: 622; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
it is 1080p as mentioned by PA in previous articles.
12. someones4 (Posts: 622; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
It's legen..wait for it...DARY!!!
A complete masterpiece.
Based on aesthetics at least. Chinese goods aren't exactly known for their quality product.
14. darkskoliro (Posts: 1062; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Bigger batter =/= better life.
DNA > optimus G and N4 and S3 while having a smaller battery.
But who knows, loving this device!!
17. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
I am waiting for phonearena review
22. Thephonegeek (Posts: 118; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
The phone looks super cool. But it's name is stupid.
First the brand name oppo, what is it oppa gangnam style something. Then "find", what kind of model name is that. Droid DNA has a ridiculously cool name.
23. ajac09 (Posts: 1466; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
your name is stupid to but no one seems to be complaining.
26. Thephonegeek (Posts: 118; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
Haha. My name is stupid. What's stupid about it?
29. ajac09 (Posts: 1466; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
that its stupid? Its really not hard to figure out. Your name is stupid? Want me to spell it out for ya?
T H E P H O N E G E E K
S O U N D S
S T U P I D
28. Captain_Doug (Posts: 954; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Would love on screen keys here. However I'm more interested to see how small of a form factor they threw all the tech goodness in.
30. Thephonegeek (Posts: 118; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
Sometimes stupidity is funny. Haha. Atleast my name has a meaning.
33. monkeytown (Posts: 119; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
awesome design and very thin bezel :D
should sell it´s designs to samsung
34. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1862; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
2500? Not enough... They need to stop putting an battery is enough for an average use... We the consumers need a much bigger battery. Please start putting in 3000+ mAh. 5000 mAh will be ideal :D
35. JC557 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
That's great, hopefully they can be a up and coming player in the US market. This way the Oppo can be made available on Verizon =D
Of course it remains to be seen on build quality, reliability and software.(if they customized it).
36. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i dont think amaricans will love this...yeah it has flashy specs but what about support? and will they really buy a phone that is from and mae in china?
oh well they are americans after all! they are rich!
38. technut (Posts: 52; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
The oppousa webpage now allows you to be notified when it's available.