Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Optical Image Stabilization comparison
1. BattleBrat (Posts: 1456; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
The iPhone lost the blind comparison, badly, deal with it!
3. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1442; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
And I want to see this comparison with a Lumia. And Btw is it true iPhone records in mono?
4. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Iphone is no longer best camera in phone. Note 4 is literally the best camera. combination of bigger sensor, wider lense, megapixel and the camera binary.
8. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
But it's 16:9 so wider lens doesn't really help since the field of view is still smaller.
18. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
why iphone's video is visibly brighter and unrealistic? note 4's video is more detailed with better colors. however, iphone is less jurky
38. Leo_MC (Posts: 1476; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
How can you tell iPhone video in unrealistic? Have you stop to think it's the other way around and you like unrealistic colors?
46. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
do you have seen the purple color of the building in ip's video? thats over blown... is that what you call accurate?
47. Leo_MC (Posts: 1476; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
Or is it that the other phone can't capture it's full purple color?
52. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 551; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
A wider lens does help. Either way, this is a stupid way to test or compare OIS. OIS is, by friggin DESIGN, meant to help while taking still images, not while clunking around while recording video. This is a terrible representation of OIS and cannot be used as a reliable example. Go to a store and compare the 2 for yourself. For still images, the iP6+ is far more shaky. Note 4 is rock steady.
29. hung2900 (Posts: 956; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
And Note 4 uses OIS in video recording, while the lame iPhone 6Plus uses SIS.
OIS in phones is tiny and used for offseting the minor variation only. Some lacking knowledge writers intended to shake badly and then say the SIS of iPhone is better
53. nwright94 (Posts: 194; Member since: 14 Oct 2014)
Isn't the OIS a physical component that works at all times? Or is it motorized?
60. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Iphones have never had the "best" phone camera. That's belonged to Nokia for as long as I can remember, with some fair competition from Samsung, Sony, LG, and HTC. Never apple.
66. jk0907 (Posts: 5; Member since: 17 Sep 2014)
No longer? iPhone never had the best camera phone.
5. buccob (Posts: 2564; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
its true, mono sound recording, and the phone has 3 microphones at disposal.
6. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1442; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
I wonder why Apple hasn't changed that to at least stereo.?!
15. torr310 (Posts: 838; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Not a well testing setup. Both camera should be aimed at the same angle, not side by side.
35. Stanley198513 (Posts: 5; Member since: 28 Aug 2014)
The appearance of samsung mobile phone is always the same
36. Stanley198513 (Posts: 5; Member since: 28 Aug 2014)
The appearance of samsung mobile phone is always the same
41. verbalize (Posts: 123; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Who's the clown who did this test? How do we know it's the correct phones. All we know it could be both Android phones. 2nd the phones should be on a solid foundation and not hand held so the movement is the same. I'm sorry I'm not going to trust some lazy kid to not do a Scientific test and determine the quality of a phone. If you take this as believable? Your as stupid as the guy who did this bogus test.
48. TechieXP1969 (limited) (Posts: 10115; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
So u doubt the test because the iPhone looks like shyt? Suppose the iPhone looked better? Would you question it then?
2. rd_nest (Posts: 1593; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Both are decent/good. Not point fighting over 10% difference you might find. It's so minute, you would never notice it in real life.
49. TechieXP1969 (limited) (Posts: 10115; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
No its not minute. The iPhone recording looked crappy most of the time.
The lens was also dirty too.
7. twens (Posts: 978; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
In all honesty there isn't much a difference but the real difference is when you record in 4k with HDR on on the note 4. That's when you will see how much the note murders the iPhone in camera. Details is very important in imagery no matter how Apple tried to make us stick to 8mp.
67. mattkl (Posts: 212; Member since: 01 Feb 2010)
Unfortunately HDR doesn't work with the stock camera app while shooting in 4K.
9. RareCandy (banned) (Posts: 61; Member since: 20 Nov 2014)
IPHONE 6 PLUS ENOUGH SAID
END OF DISCUSSION :)
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Sorry but N4 takes the crown here, especially when recording in 4K.
19. bigmaster (Posts: 198; Member since: 05 Sep 2014)
Yeah! Really Smurf knows what he's talking about, Best comment without bias !
59. Diezparda (Posts: 871; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
Yeah an honest answer, i wouldn't say the iPhone camera was bad but it's not the best. Well it's still much better than my m8.
62. stealthd (unregistered)
Yeah...espcially in that resolution no one can actually watch yet....
50. TechieXP1969 (limited) (Posts: 10115; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
even when the iPhone clearly looks like crap, you declare it the winner? e both saw the same video. Right? Or maybe you just like crappy recordings and are so use to them.
10. f1r3z0r (Posts: 92; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Do not waste your time doing icrap comparison... Note 4 vs xperia z3....
26. amats69 (Posts: 1432; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
this is a tech site..every phone is welcome to a comparison here.
30. bigmaster (Posts: 198; Member since: 05 Sep 2014)
this is........ SPARTAAAAAAAAAAA! Sorry couldn't resist!
11. oligograph (Posts: 17; Member since: 11 Oct 2014)
Even OIS can't beat SONY Z3 Steadyshot Digital Image Stabilisation. So software is very important too :
31. hung2900 (Posts: 956; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
OIS on phones can handle minor variation only (the sensor and lense are so damn small, how can it offset the intentional significant shakes?) In thí case, SIS is better (iPhone 6+ only uses SIS in video). But the minor shakes, artificial IS cannot handle as good as physical IS
12. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
The Note 4 implementation seems more useful...
17. hellbread (Posts: 309; Member since: 21 Nov 2014)
You should really stop comparing phones like this. You will make war... :-)
On the other hand it is totally irrelevant. All those high end phones have excellent cameras.
56. DBounce (Posts: 149; Member since: 26 Apr 2014)
Only in ideal lighting conditions. Look at what the A7s can do in poor light.
21. Virtanen (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 Nov 2014)
The OIS in iPhone 6 Plus is only used when taking pictures, not for shooting videos. In automatic settings the OIS is used with slower shutter speeds resulting in better pictures in dark environments. There really is no OIS comparison here. You are comparing the OIS in the Note to the DIS in the iPhone.
27. GeekMovement (Posts: 2156; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Wow, I was thinking the 6 plus was better than what I saw in that video... Galaxy Note 4 for me.
28. 21babydoll12 (unregistered)
Wonder how the Panasonic lumix cm1 will fare when it's released.
32. hustlervanz (Posts: 3; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
I think the Xperia Z3 is better compared to them in image stabilization.
33. smdpa (banned) (Posts: 25; Member since: 06 Oct 2014)
Technically, the iPhone has betterOiS.
34. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
N4 for yet another win.
The i6's camera is too bright and bleaches out a lot of detail. Screw it if its ever so slightly more stable but looks like crap.
37. LuckyS (Posts: 154; Member since: 07 Dec 2013)
What' s with that yellow tint in iphone6+ video? Yes, Note4 is better.
40. iLovesarcasm (Posts: 527; Member since: 20 Oct 2014)
Apple OIS wins in paper and most reviews over Note 4, but in real life use Note 4 is far more superior.
42. yunikmaha (Posts: 29; Member since: 19 Oct 2013)
speaking the truth except in the car, the iphone is better in others.
(from above video)
43. simpleas (Posts: 196; Member since: 30 Apr 2014)
Good stuff! So Note 4 wins again... and again... and again.... Whats next. We all know samsung makes great hardware and software.
44. KonaStang4.6 (Posts: 175; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
OH MY GOD !! I need to return my 6+ because the Note IV is "better" at taking photos....said no one ever.
51. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
That's because some people still care more about logos than they do functionality.
57. DBounce (Posts: 149; Member since: 26 Apr 2014)
Wait until Gear VR comes out next month. Then you will curse your silly fruity phone. I'm looking forward to having a portable private theater system. Don't worry, in a few years I'm sure Apple will invent it, like they invent everything.
54. TechieXP1969 (limited) (Posts: 10115; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
I don't even care about the OIS but the colors on the iPhone looks really over-saturated. The green grass was way greener than normal, sorta like how the Galaxy devices use to show such. The concrete looked terrible on the iPhone. The picture was not crisp either
58. Daytonadave17 (Posts: 54; Member since: 26 Oct 2013)
Nobody compares LUMIAS anymore cause they are #1 and the best!! :)
61. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Lumia cameras are awesome. But they only get like 1% market share. No point in comparing them really because the the majority of the market just isnt interested if its not a fruit or a galaxy flavor.