Nokia Lumia 928 can now be purchased from Verizon
2. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
July here. By then we might actually see some X Phone action or a One for Verizon. Still, I eagerly await 928 reviews because hey... Nokia. I miss Nokia!
3. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
If you can wait i suggest wait for the next models due in November, that's where all the huge upgrades like quad core and 1080p will make their way into the next gen of windows phones - though, the catch is Verizon might not get any of them (AT&T again) and for Verizon = next year. Im saying this as a fan of Nokia's products. If you dont care about specs and want a reliable phone, then 928 is a good choice.
6. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Most likely it will go to AT&T unless Verizon sees phenomenal sales from the 928...which I'm not expecting. Verizon will continue pushing the ever-profitable Galaxy S, iPhone and Droid lines. Can't say I blame them, but I welcome the additional choice of a flagship Lumia.
4. mydi.maus (unregistered)
walting for google s4 hahaha
8. roscuthiii (Posts: 2190; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
I suppose the 928 is cool and all, but... The 925 has been stealing my eye.
Wonder if they'd ever go in on a luxury brand crossover - cut a deal with Porsche and license use of the 911 (Turbo?) moniker. Hot red paint job, swift & nimble, finely tuned and calibrated... eh, a fella can dream right?
9. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
That would turn me right off. "Oh, so this is the phone for pretentious douchebags with penis envy. I'll pass."
10. jbryant23 (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 May 2013)
Just got back from my Verizon store where the lady had no idea what a lumia 928 was. Her boss said the phone wasn't released yet. So no Lumia 928 for me today.
11. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
why you always release the phone only to the dark side of earth nokia why not rest of plannet EARTH
14. evarod48 (Posts: 154; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
because here on the dark side we can spell planet
15. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
ur side only contain one 'n' :P rest does not follw you and its still darkside
12. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
put this baby in the philippines!! im buying it!!
13. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
How does the 928 score a better camera than the 920? Especially the 920 after the Amber update.... Sure, the 928 gets a Xenon flash, but that isn't exactly a 'camera' improvement, per se.
The 925 may have the more improved camera, with its 6 element lens, but I will wait until I see pics taken with a production version 925.
17. Quetza (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
I m going on holiday in the US this summer. Will it work in the EU on my local carrier?
18. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
It is a global phone. If I got this phone and took it to the EU, I would just remove the Verizon LTE SIM and replace it with a local GSM SIM. Full price is $500US (I don't know if that's considered affordable).