No vacation days for Apple Store employees during the second week of October
According to AppleInsider, certain sections of the AppleCare division have told employees to prepare for a heavy influx of calls relating to the new iOS 5 during that time period. From October 10th through the 12th, Twitter is expecting to have a developer event related to iOS 5 which would suggest that the software would be made public before then. In the past, Apple has introduced a new OS prior to an iPhone launch. For example, last year Apple brought out iOS 4 on June 21st and 3 days later launched the Apple iPhone 4. A year before that, iPhone software 3.0 was brought public on June 17th with the Apple iPhone 3GS made available on June 21st.
This year might not be any different. If the October 9-12th blackout dates have to do with iOS 5, surely the October 14th-15th dates must deal with the launch of the 5th-generation Apple iPhone, whatever it is named. With speculation that the next iPhone will be introduced during Apple's October 4th event, the timing would seem to be in line to expect its launch 10-11 days later.
1. lololol (unregistered) posted on 24 Sep 2011, 12:51 9 7
dont care............... but means that the HTC Vigor and the Nexus Prime will be out soon :D
4. Yeeee posted on 24 Sep 2011, 13:19 1 0
Some people do care but Im still gonna get the nexus prime cant do without lte
9. taco50 (banned) posted on 24 Sep 2011, 14:02 4 7
He nice thing is the prime will be in the bargain bin in under 30 days so you can probably get it for 49.99
10. wassup posted on 24 Sep 2011, 14:11 6 2
ikr? so much better than an iPhone, for so much less
35. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 24 Sep 2011, 17:15 2 1
I love how thats your new attack against Android. Sure Apple might be greedy and force you to spend 300 dollars on their old outdated phone and not allow ANY sort of deals unless you are trying to get a used 3GS model. You get your moneys worth and so much more with Android. Of course I am just wasting my time arguing with a brain washed fool like yourself. I swear you'd sell your soul, sell out all your loved ones just to get approval from apple.
36. Yeeee posted on 24 Sep 2011, 17:19 2 2
Thats cuz apple forces all stores that carry the iphone to keep it at 200. While I can get a nexus prime which is way better with lte for cheaper. Have fun on ur 2mbps 3g phone that has had the same os since 2007.
47. taco50 (banned) posted on 24 Sep 2011, 18:48 2 7
No that's because most people who buy cheap androids quickly realize there's a reason they're so cheap and get something quality.
If no one buys your crap you have no choice, but to drop the price and cut your losses. Look at the touchpad. Dropped all the way to $99 in a couple of months. Ipad still selling for $499 and up.
It's not my fault android takes the Metro PCS approach to selling phones.
57. wumberpeb posted on 24 Sep 2011, 21:42 2 0
What the hell does the touchpad have to do with Android Taco? They're not comparable, like iOS and Android aren't really comparable. Let's be honest, if the iPad for apple went out of business, like the touchpad failed for HP, they'd drop the price dramatically as HP's did, although I admit they'd drop it a bit less...
69. sean88 posted on 25 Sep 2011, 05:48 0 0
and get something quality.
70. bucky posted on 25 Sep 2011, 11:25 0 0
say what you android want, but whenever there is an iphone article it still gathers 70+ comments...
insecurity i believe
2. protozeloz posted on 24 Sep 2011, 12:58 2 0
Wonder how it will look like, so many rumors :s
3. atrix4g (unregistered) posted on 24 Sep 2011, 13:07 1 0
I am interested how this new iphone is going to look and how it would stack up with Motorola Atrix 4g dual core Nvidia Tegra 2. And other Dual core phones, like the photon,.
6. ZayZay posted on 24 Sep 2011, 13:22 0 1
Photon crashes constantly. Thats Motorola at it's best.
34. Atrix4g (unregistered) posted on 24 Sep 2011, 17:07 1 1
Well then scrath the phton of the list. My Atrix is super fast, has never crahed ever since GB update. Takes in everything i throw at it. i once used 900mb of its ram and it still went by quick, only it got hot of course.
5. ZayZay posted on 24 Sep 2011, 13:22 1 3
I have grown tired of all the rumors. Specially on this site. Every other headline is apple iphone blah!
11. ZayZay posted on 24 Sep 2011, 14:12 0 6
How about no, how about they just cut down on the rumors. They post 5 or 6 a day it seems like.
13. taco50 (banned) posted on 24 Sep 2011, 14:30 6 6
Well considering PA gets most hits from Apple stories I don't see them cutting down Apple news. I'd actually like to see more Apple news.
Let's get some iPhone 6 rumors going.
20. Whateverman posted on 24 Sep 2011, 15:30 0 1
He's right on Apple articles getting the most hits, but I hope that doesn't increase the number of iPhone articles. We already see articles about iphone5 cases, iPhone 5 back housing, iPhone 5 pictures and the pictures, of a reflection, of person standing next to a person who POSSIBLY has an iPhone 5 in his pocket. It can be a bit much sometimes.
45. gallitoking posted on 24 Sep 2011, 18:40 0 0
dont forget Apple the image of the iphone5 appear on the toasted bread... and mr.Jobs being the Mesiah....
58. Whateverman posted on 24 Sep 2011, 21:43 0 0
Lol, good one.
7. Droid_X_Doug posted on 24 Sep 2011, 13:59 0 0
Don't visit the site. PA is trying to increase it's eyeball count metrics. The easiest way to do that is to have iPhone/iOS coverage. IMO, PA's coverage hasn't been as oppressive as some sites.
14. taco50 (banned) posted on 24 Sep 2011, 14:47 0 1
You're wrong bro. Iphonearena is bowing to their Apple masters everyday.
15. Leodrade posted on 24 Sep 2011, 14:56 1 1
does Apple pay you to be loyal to them? because that's the only motive i could come up for you to be defending them with such anger
18. taco50fan (unregistered) posted on 24 Sep 2011, 15:16 2 2
Ya'll are off the hook. I'm on PA everyday at work and taco50 cracks me up.
59. wumberpeb posted on 24 Sep 2011, 21:47 0 0
You're an idiot then
61. taco50 (banned) posted on 24 Sep 2011, 22:03 0 0
You're jealous because you have no fans
17. gallitoking posted on 24 Sep 2011, 15:08 1 1
I even heard Obama is posponing his vacation to get the new iphone...
19. Whateverman posted on 24 Sep 2011, 15:22 0 0
I wish Apple would just allow more customization on the iPhone as well as a different size screen. After using a 4.3" screen, I'm spoiled. So much to the point that the 4.5" screens are looking really good to me. If Apple can make multiple size computer screens fit the needs of different users, why not different phone screen sizes?
21. wassup posted on 24 Sep 2011, 15:32 2 0
because apple can't innovate enough to make it retina display on a screen above ~4". they would lose their magical retina gimmick.
you see, apple only does things that make them look good, not stuff that is better for the consumer.
now get it?
23. wassup posted on 24 Sep 2011, 15:46 2 0
:) glad i could help you understand the shady marketing of apple.
25. taco50 (banned) posted on 24 Sep 2011, 15:48 1 0
Wait are you saying Apple is trying to make money?! Those motherf**kers!
24. taco50 (banned) posted on 24 Sep 2011, 15:47 0 2
Yea because making a bigger screen is innovation. Lol
28. Interesting.... (unregistered) posted on 24 Sep 2011, 16:10 2 0
But coming up with the exact same phone multiple times over is innovative? I guess when Apple finally allowed their phones to send and receive picture messages (which at the time all basic camera phones had the ability) was innovative? I'm not exactly sure what your definition of innovative is, but Apple hasn't shown much innovation since they have been in the phone game.
29. taco50 (banned) posted on 24 Sep 2011, 16:22 0 2
You're right other than turning the smartphone industry upside down. Killing off Palm, Symbian, Meego and Windows Mobile.
I guess becoming the standard for smartphones in a few years is mediocre at best.
32. wassup posted on 24 Sep 2011, 16:54 1 0
becoming the standard? you mean android?
lol i think iOS started the destruction, but couldn't end it as android (the most popular smartphone OS) ended it.
and iPhone is no longer the standard. The iP4s/5 is following in the footsteps of its superior rivals, the dual core androids.
39. taco50 (banned) posted on 24 Sep 2011, 17:27 1 3
It's going to be a rough October for you.
40. wassup posted on 24 Sep 2011, 17:43 2 0
nah, i don't think so. my friends will probably be getting the ip4s/5, and i'll be rocking the sgs2. they are amazed by how good the screen looks, and will still be.
Besides i'm getting a German shepherd on the 1st of October, so i'm good :) (its kinda hard to be mad at a phone around a dog)
have a nice October too, enjoy your 3.7 incher and andr- oh i mean iOS5 ;)
48. taco50 (banned) posted on 24 Sep 2011, 18:50 1 3
enjoy your BOGO on the new flavor of the month crapdroid that will be outdated in 3 weeks and on clearance sale
62. wumberpeb posted on 24 Sep 2011, 22:07 2 0
If the sgs2 is on clearance in 3 weeks, Taco, then I'll give you an iPhone 7. As ridiculous as that sounds, so does your insinuation that the SGS2 will be outdated in that span. You're a complete fool who continues to think he's better than everyone because he prefers Apple products when most others prefer Android. To each, his own dumbass
64. taco50 (banned) posted on 24 Sep 2011, 22:34 0 2
I don't want a windows 7 phone. Get me iPhone 5 and it's a deal.
According to recent surveys most prefer iPhone. Sorry bro.
50. gallitoking posted on 24 Sep 2011, 19:09 1 3
yeap everything new looks amazing... but after 6 months when you r SGSII shows its age and their Apple product still working top notch... if they are good friends they might let you play with the iphone5....
51. wassup posted on 24 Sep 2011, 19:32 1 0
i don't know what you mean by 'SGSII shows its age'... by that time, the prime might be out and i'll be (hopefully) rocking it as well, use the SII as my back up phone :D
tho, in my time with the OG S, it lasted me more than a year, before i wanted to try out WP7 and so i bought the Omnia 7, liked WP7, but the SII came out, so i bought it.
54. gallitoking posted on 24 Sep 2011, 19:58 2 1
is not a secret that most Android phone show age at 3-6months... out of the box looks good and even the 1st week.. heck .. the 1st week the T-Bolt was launched it was like it walk on water when it comes to cellphones but now. is even being discontinued... but dont you worry ..you will move on to the prime or RZR which looks good on paper as well...only a few Android phones make it past a year..
65. droidguy2323 posted on 24 Sep 2011, 22:52 1 0
x2 I am getting tired of having the last android only for something slightly better being released 3 weeks later and my current phone(s) on the EOL list on phone arena smh
72. LionStone posted on 25 Sep 2011, 12:26 0 0
Correction: the Thunderbolt currently is not discontinued!
71. LionStone posted on 25 Sep 2011, 12:09 0 0
+1 on the German shepherd :-)
26. gallitoking posted on 24 Sep 2011, 15:52 0 0
i will have to disagree.. not everyone loves bigger screen 4-4'3 is more then enough to carry comfortably everywhere...
27. Whateverman posted on 24 Sep 2011, 16:07 0 0
Thank you, gailitoking! See, there are different needs for different people. So it's not a bad idea for Apple to make a few different models.
31. taco50 (banned) posted on 24 Sep 2011, 16:31 0 0
I wouldn't mind a 4" screen. Bigger than that is too big for me.
33. wassup posted on 24 Sep 2011, 17:02 1 2
buy a SGS, or Atrix, or any dual core 4". you won't regret it ;)
38. taco50 (banned) posted on 24 Sep 2011, 17:27 4 2
Sorry not willing to sacrifice iOS for a bigger screen
41. wassup posted on 24 Sep 2011, 17:44 1 2
lol ok then, enjoy your 3.5/3.7 incher, while i enjoy my 4.3 incher :)
42. gallitoking posted on 24 Sep 2011, 17:53 1 1
dude, read and give it a rate R to see how homo you sound..
43. wassup posted on 24 Sep 2011, 17:59 1 0
lmao ur rite Gallito :P
ok fine, add screen after the screen size, can't edit now :/
44. gallitoking posted on 24 Sep 2011, 18:31 0 1
lol... I almost fell out of my chair.. dude... and choke on my grilled cheese.. but is all cool...
46. taco50 (banned) posted on 24 Sep 2011, 18:45 1 2
I guess you compensate by getting a phone with more inches ha ha