Nexus 5 and Android 4.4 shown off in 7-minute HD video
54. garlic456 (Posts: 251; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
Do you have to comment on every single post O_o?
59. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10406; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Yes since I have the right to do so. Why do you even care?
Btw, the question marks comes after the word, not an awkward emoticon.
45. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
That's it. I am fucckin buying this phone. My favourite htc one X has been reincarnated. I am selling my galaxy s3 and buying this.
2. Topcat488 (Posts: 1391; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Nice phone... But on the video it says its running "key lime pie".
Dude has got an ugly finger.
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10406; Member since: 14 May 2012)
"On the software side of things, it looks like the device is running an older build of Android 4.4, because it doesn't have some of the changes that we saw recently, like the camera button on the lockscreen, or the new app tray icon."
It helps if people would read the article.
50. boosook (Posts: 1402; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
The video is old, look at the icon of the yotube app: it's the old icon.
4. jpvala (Posts: 26; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
Looks very beautiful...Nexus devices are just getting better and better..
Would have been great if they didn't put that ring around camera...
28. Feanor (Posts: 650; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
Uh? Looks quite ugly to me. Nexus smartphones are the Android Holy Grails but their hardware design is always lacking. The Nexus 4 almost got interesting, but this messes it up again.
32. Finalflash (Posts: 2690; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Beauty is subjective, I also prefer this look over the leathery look of the note 3 or the denim-ish S4 or that terrible dual tone on the iPhone (black looks okay from 5, "space gray" messes it up again though). The material and look follows the nexus 7 and that material feels nice in the hand too. So I'm looking forward to grabbing this when it comes out.
65. saffant (Posts: 269; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
Afraid to say, but you're the minority on that one.
7. Kitkat_4.4 (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
It doesn't show the "Nexus" logo on the back too. The micro USB slot is very down, not really in middle like nexus 4.... what is up with that? The bottom left is not a sensor but a mark which shows it's a prototype.
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10406; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It's a demo device, so it's not going to say Nexus on it.
14. Kitkat_4.4 (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
what u think of really small micro usb slot which is not placed on the middle upwards like nexus 4?
41. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10406; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I don't know honestly. Time will tell. :)
8. Kitkat_4.4 (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
btw is that a mic along with audio jack? Looks like it will be used for google now always on feature same as MotoX ? :D
24. moronman66 (Posts: 162; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
Probably for noise cancellation, most newer phones have either two or three microphones, also better audio quality in video and speakerphone. Maybe, but I doubt it a bit.
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10406; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I got bored of the video. I'll wait until someone who actually knows about phones do an unboxing or hands on.
20. youdug (Posts: 27; Member since: 19 Jul 2013)
funny you say that.
i was watching the video thinkin "has he ever used a smartphone before?"
10. Kitkat_4.4 (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
One thing is confirmed that, there is no metal on the phone! not at all. Not even on the sides like somewhat nexus 4 has got. That's won't even feel premium a little bit!
17. Kitkat_4.4 (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
just saying man :) I would buy this ofc.. Just saying compared to nexus 4 and not at all complaining here.
53. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4270; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
You don't necessarily need metal to feel premium. The HTC One X proved that, though it did have an aluminum accent around the camera, it was primarily plastic and was a very premium device. Also, the Nexus 4 doesn't have metal on the sides, it's plastic.
13. Kitkat_4.4 (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Also, please nobody call this Nexus 2013 anymore! It's Nexus 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
49. shahrooz (Posts: 688; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
I'm pretty sure it's Nexus 2013 or 2014. I think they are saving Nexus 5 for android 5.
16. Nexx407 (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Oct 2013)
Anyone else seen the launcher icon in the app draw named gel (Google experience launcher) Meaning that they are updating the launcher :)
55. FeRoZ (Posts: 33; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
Yeah but google is switching back to gingerbread style launvher WTF!! we want a new UI wut da hell is this??
19. boomboom (Posts: 53; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
why am i having the feeling that this is not the real nexus 5 device.....
29. ChazzMatt (Posts: 31; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
Because you know nothing about phones? Just a guess.
This is EXACTLY like the FCC pics, and the other leaks. This guy didn't just fabricate a phone from scratch and design an OS and icons just to fool you.
62. ZombieHunter (Posts: 43; Member since: 13 Oct 2013)
Ignore ChazzMatt.... he thinks he knows everything. And insults anyone who disagrees.
67. boomboom (Posts: 53; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
may be u r using chinese chep mobile thats why u dont care about the original logo on the device and this one doesnt have logo, that is my point
21. Epicness1o1 (Posts: 243; Member since: 30 May 2013)
This guy sure knows how to make a review
22. JunitoNH (Posts: 1562; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
That's one ugly camera opening. It looks like a button, should be on a scarecrow.
23. andrak (Posts: 17; Member since: 12 Oct 2013)
why when he was browsing the apps didnt got to the widgets?, it looked like there was no widgets or the widgets are in other place in android 4.4?
30. wrm2013 (Posts: 203; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
This just in breaking news..... 90% of people use cases on their phones you won't feel the plastic or metal..... you want a premium feel? Go buy a Ferrari. Your argument is 2nd grade stuff.
31. wrm2013 (Posts: 203; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Also...... That camera sticks out further than the phone...... It might be possible to scratch of places on the back.
33. ChazzMatt (Posts: 31; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
Of course, it's called the Nexus 5. I've been saying that since last May. Only ignorant people thought it would be "Nexus 4 v2" and crap like that.
1) it's the gen5 Nexus phone
2) it's a 5" 1080p phone -- which Google knows is the minimum you need to bring to the table in 2013 to be a top tier Android phone. (Moto X sucks at 4.7" 720p, so last year.)
Thus, Nexus 5.
58. Klamba92 (Posts: 210; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Yh true, but the moto X has some great features, and has been said to have the best optimisation making it very fast and smooth compared to the competition.
34. jove39 (Posts: 1740; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
sweet...now i just wish 32gb comes with 3000mah battery as rumoured!
36. NAWF_SIDE (banned) (Posts: 40; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Looks.like nexsus 4...........meh!
37. vishu9 (Posts: 252; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
What the hell?? I'm gonna go ahead and call this shady here... since even the YouTube app the guy used isn't the latest version (which is out for more than a month), its possible its an old prototype with unpolished software still going by the name KLP then.
38. tttony (Posts: 29; Member since: 22 Jul 2012)
Maybe my next phone.. but why in the hell they are making these phones more bigger?
39. lifeyourlive (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
Is it able to negotiate the order with somebody? I'd like to order 2 nexuses 5 but i am from a country which does not support google play device section
57. andrak (Posts: 17; Member since: 12 Oct 2013)
You can use a proxy or download Puffin browser for Android, it is a browser that has a proxy in the US.
43. ravivarma639 (Posts: 21; Member since: 15 Apr 2013)
Plzz edit the video and add audio to it and make it an hands on video so we notice the changes
44. tgab100 (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Nov 2012)
Ok so this might be an old build because the youtube app is not updated and in the play store there is no 'magazine' section. The magazine one might not be as accurate of a sign because of regions but definitely the youtube one. So the whole lockscreen camera thing might still be a reality.
46. xtroid2k (Posts: 513; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
im hoping sony comes out with a phone next year 4.4 ill wait. Not impressed with the low camera
47. AciMars (Posts: 24; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
why looks so ugly...
come on google change your holo theme..
android have so much functionality n performance but still looks so ugly especially on stock launcher
52. smacsteve (Posts: 67; Member since: 16 May 2012)
I was looking for something here to really wow me, but I didn't see it. The build quality doesn't look to be all that Impressive and I've got to say I may be passing this Nexus by. I've had all of them except for the original and I really do like the stock Android, but this isn't blowing my skirt up. Well, good thing there's a lot of other exciting devices out there waiting and my HTC One with 4.3 is doing amazingly well after the update. The battery life improvement alone is amazing! I'm even giving some thought to getting another WP a try... That 1520 is looking pretty sweet!!