Nexus 10 specs momentarily revealed on the Play Store and then taken down?
UPDATE: After a more extensive research, we believe that these are likely fake. This is not simply because the icons on the Nexus 10 2013 were obviously added later -- this could have been done for illustrative purposes anyway. It's because, after delving deep into our tips database, we concluded that this particular tipster has a track record of sending content of dubious authenticity.
There's really no denying that Google has managed to conjure quite the hype storm in the Nexus 5's and the upcoming Android 4.4 KitKat's immediate areas. What's more, we're very likely entering the peak, as all signs point to an inevitable release, likely very soon. In fact, the latest rumor, courtesy of infamous @evleaks, points towards a November 1st launch, not to mention that this time around, we could see a white Nexus 5 launch from the very onset.
As is plainly obvious to those that have been tracking the progress on Google's latest workings, hardware or otherwise, the new Nexus 10 tablet that is also expected to see the day of light sooner rather than later, has received a disproportionally low amount of attention. Of course, smartphones have proven to be the more interesting bracket for consumers, but nevertheless, the Nexus 10 2013 is still expected as one of the hottest tablets to come out in 2013. Fortunately, while details up until this point have been pretty scarce, it would appear that we've finally gotten our first break, as a reader of ours has sent us a screenshots that show both the Nexus 5 and new Nexus 10 listed on Google Play. More interestingly, perhaps, we're treated to a bunch of seemingly confirmed specs, as far as the new Nexus slate is concerned. These include an identical a “10.055'' diagonal at 2560x1600 pixel resolution for 300 ppi”, plus Gorilla Glass 3 on top. Unsurprisingly, the Nexus 10 2013 will also follow the Nexus 7 2013 with a Snapdragon 800 chipset, though it's interesting to note that the specs list 3GB of RAM. The photographic capabilities of the new Nexus 10 also appear to have received a boost, as it will apparently sport a 8MP/2.1MP rear and front shooters, respectively. The battery has also seen an upgrade and it now has a capacity of 9500 (up from 9000mAh), and the Nexus 10 2013 is, overall, lighter (584g), more compact (258.9x172.6mm) and thinner (7.9mm) compared to its rather chunky predecessor. Seeing as this is a Nexus device, Android 4.4 KitKat has, of course, been listed as present out of the box. It's probably worth noting that the thumbnail that is shown on the Play Store image below appears to be identical to another render we were recently tipped off with.
Before you go, you'll be probably best served to take these with a spoonful of salt, as we may be witnessing an attempt at a hoax here.
Google Nexus 10 2013 specs Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
Did you know: 5 interesting facts about Android L
20 Jul 2014, 10:02
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Google Nexus 10 2013 specs
2. ScottSchneider (Posts: 312; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
1 word... Stunning...
2 words Air Killer...
9. _Bone_ (Posts: 2103; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
5 words... lesser ecosystem, hardware, more weight
17. boosook (Posts: 893; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
lesser ecosystem -> not true
more weight -> true, but with minimal difference
inferior hardware -> not true, the screen is better (bigger and with higher resolution), the snapdragon 800 is top notch, the ram is higher.
Plus, the Nexus has a better OS and will be cheaper.
24. saffant (Posts: 210; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
469g vs alleged 584g... hmm "minimal difference", yea don't think so. My Xperia Tablet Z was 495g even. 584g is sad tbh.
34. rd_nest (Posts: 683; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Xperia Z is a so-so tablet. It does nothing spectacularly. The screen is inferior - just FHD compared to WQXGA on N10. SOC is inferior (S4 Pro), this has 800. Less RAM, and most importantly N10 has much higher capacity battery.
36. ardent1 (Posts: 1991; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Good point .... Me thinks boosook is full of sh*t
10 to 15 grams is a minimal difference. Once you get to 28 grams, that is almost an ounce and almost 1/16th of a pound.
43. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 626; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Right because 584grams is so heavy, you cant pick it up..!!!
Laptops of this size are never less than 1.5 kg
56. jimv1983 (Posts: 21; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
That's 14 grams lighter than the current Nexus 10 which is already pretty light. I don't want it to be to light.
26. THE.DARK.KNIGHT (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
For tablets, ios is still the best with the best tablet apps. Fortunately we don't have blown up phone apps on our iPads. And BTW A7 is the fastest SoC you can get right now. And next year when 64-bit apps come out. Our iPads will be compatible with them. No, nexus 10 is not bad in any way. But then right now ipad rules.
30. boosook (Posts: 893; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Do you fully understand what 64 bits are for? They are needed to address more than 4GB of RAM. The other benefits, trust me, are negligible and you won't see any performance improvement in a 64 bit app vs. 32 bit unless you have more than 4GB of RAM. And the ipad air has just 1GB. Next year 64-bit apps won't come out, because there will be no devices with more that 4GB of RAM. And even if they will, you won't see any advantage in a device with only 1GB of RAM.
So the ipad air will surely be one of the best tablets on the market, but certainly NOT for the 64-bit processor!
As to the A7 being the fastest SoC, well, this may be true, but look at the benchmarks and you'll see that compared to the latest snapdragon 800 it's not so faster. Certainly, nothing that you will notice in everyday use. The two are comparable.
Finally, as to tablet apps, iOS may have an edge but not so much. And one advantage of the "blown up app" is that every app that works on an android phone can work on a tablet, while there are still some iOS apps that are not available on the ipad.
In my opinion, the two products will go head to head, and if the ipad has a small advantage in some things it will be easily compensated by the price.
In the end, it's all a matter of taste: do you prefer ios or android? I'm just sick of hearing the same things over and over: that android has no apps, that it lags, that the ipad is faster... these things were true some years ago and have become a mantra in iOS users, maybe to justify the high prices they pay for Apple's overpriced hardware.
33. vincelongman (Posts: 936; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
The Snapdragon 800 is faster than A7 in CPU Benchmarks such as Geekbench and Linpack.
The A7 is faster in browser benchmarks such as SunSpider, Browsermark, Google Octance.
They are about the same in GPU.
I think you're right, there will be noticeable difference in real world performance.
39. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
But remember that three Apple swift cores are clocked far lower than Qualcomm's krait cores at an astounding 2.3 vs Apple's 1.5 ish frequency... And that it is a dual core as well.
37. ardent1 (Posts: 1991; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
And you wonder why people don't take boosook seriously.
49. Pancholo (Posts: 371; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
What's wrong with his points? Do they go against your fangirl wishes? Don't worry, that has happened to all of us at least once in our lives.
All I see are Apple kids jumping on somebody that's trying to prove a point in an Android tablet discussion. He/she (boosook), in no way, has flamed or attacked your precious little thang called iOS.
Fangirls. Fangirls everywhere: Embrace tech for what it is. We have enough with the division of classes, so why do we see the need to divide and fragment ourselves further thanks to silly tech philosophies? This will turn out worse than racism in the future.
41. kassi (Posts: 43; Member since: 25 May 2013)
in most cases the s800 is actually faster if it isnt throttled
51. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
You must ignore iphone apps on ipad. Atleast android apps scale up to the right size.
rch?q=iphone+app+on+ipad&FORM= HDRSC2#view=detail&id=84E30A4D 1C2217F2900966A55B599D86FAB7BF D3&selectedIndex=0
31. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
With this specs sheet I doubt it, buddy, maybe the 32 gig model will be $550 rather than $599
3. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Step aside Air and 2520.
9500 mAh battery + relatively thin bezel + 2560 x 1600 + Kit Kat = Best 10" tablet on the market! Only hope it lives up to its specs.
Now for that news about the Nexus 8...
14. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Umm...that's three words plus a number. Where'd the Nexus 5 article go, by the way?
58. jimv1983 (Posts: 21; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Tablets need a bigger bezel so there is something to hold on to when using it.
4. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Google Nexus 10 2103? Didn't know Google packed a time machine into the tablet as well.
6. _Bone_ (Posts: 2103; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Lol stop it already. I mean we all like to wink together at "accidental" leaks but it's a little too obvious. Just release the darned things, quit teasing us.
11. Jonathan41 (Posts: 526; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Wow. I really hope this is true. It seems legit.
12. hmd74 (Posts: 261; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
1- nexus 10
2- lumia 2520
3- iPad Air / Note 10.1
13. _Bone_ (Posts: 2103; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
BTW did anyone actually SAW this in Play Store? I have a strong feeling it's a fake with someone claiming "it was up for a couple of minutes"...
There are several problems with it you see
- the SD800 chipset comes with Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac not MIMO
- 3GB at this time is a Note exclusive and they are selling so well it's unlikely Sammy has spare ones for a tablet rumored to be ASUS'
- the image looks fake, bezels are too symmetric, in reality a thinner form factor would still be like the Air or N72013 (asymmetric bezels)
- battery is too large for 7,9mm, specs look to be "okay cut down few mms here and there"
- barometer on a Nexus device?
It's fake guys.
21. daniu (Posts: 5; Member since: 29 Jul 2013)
Yep, not to mention that it is very suspicious that the front camera is not centered! Plus if you zoom in to the picture you can see that some icons are very low-res, especially the app-button and the homescreen-page dots.
23. daniu (Posts: 5; Member since: 29 Jul 2013)
Oh, and the on-screen buttons are also not centered. And LOL at the Maps icon, its so poorly cut out and pasted that it looks like someone took a bite out of it :)
29. alwin006 (Posts: 6; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
I've noticed exactly the same. It's a really bad fake
have a look imgur.com/qG3QCct
32. _Bone_ (Posts: 2103; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Oh plus tranparent status and Android button bar.
35. Gulenkov (Posts: 46; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Transparency of soft buttons and status bar has leaked about a month ago, so, this is not fake
15. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Now the question is who is going to build it?
Sammy or Asus?
16. blogslogger (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
although i hope the specs will be the same, this particular page is an elaborate hoax. Look at the last line at the end of the page. Copyrights declaration of marvel avengers.. looks like an edit of the page.. :)
20. indianapple89 (Posts: 47; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
Look below that and you'll see Google's copyright declaration.
Its possible that in the images above the specs (not visible), the Avengers game is being shown to showcase its gaming prowess. Hence the copyright declaration. Also it clearly mentions that the game will be released on Google Play.
19. Trex95 (Posts: 540; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
last word build by Asus, GPU can't handle the resolution, fake RAM Passs.
25. LiquidGalaxy (Posts: 141; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Here's a couple of words that make me shudder - 'Android' and 'tablet apps'......especially on a 10" inch screen. No thank you; now when can I pay for my Air?
27. alwin006 (Posts: 6; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Just made this quicky ! Just a few mistakes that I noticed
28. EgyDroid (Posts: 102; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
At the first picture zoom in and go down you'll see "Marvel's avengers available on Google play. Copy right 2012......"
ooh i'm sure it isn't fake ((Read 'sarcasm'))
40. miguelmeza14 (Posts: 54; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
For god's sake phonearena! Do you even look at the pictures before you post articles like this? Apparently not, just take 10 seconds and look at the maps icon. There, it's FAKE.
42. magnanimus (Posts: 212; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
No one is talking about the galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition :(
45. trqster (Posts: 9; Member since: 17 May 2013)
It's a really great tablet, spoiled by the bulky ever slow and lagged Samsung touchwiz launcher and imo a tad bit expensive price. It won't be a top seller, that's for sure.
44. trqster (Posts: 9; Member since: 17 May 2013)
Nice update from big ugly original Nexus 10 bloke. But it's still not enough to beat an iPad Air on any front really, not on hardware specs, battery life, weight and for sure not on tablet optimized apps. Unless it has a really killer price a la Nexus 7, it won't do any damage to iPad Air sales...
46. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Who gives a f about sales?
I want a great tablet for me and me only.
The nexus 10 will be mine.
50. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
If this has 3 gig of ram, it means....Samsung made!?
52. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Its funny how everyone is quick to call something fake and at the same time quick to want something to be real. Every time a leak comes out its FAKE. I remember when cases and renders for the note 3 came out. Everyone said they were fake. And the note actually DID look like that....no one said a peep. I'm beginning to think there are more trolls on this site than this appears...
53. galanoth (Posts: 281; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
This looks like the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition without the hardware and capacitive keys.
54. gigaraga (Posts: 468; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Haha Note 3 video in the tab..so awesome both devices
55. teddyc212 (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
Google already did this with the nexus 5, which feels a bit suspicious to me. maybe they are just trying to throw us off so that then they can surprise at the actual launch event! :)
57. jimv1983 (Posts: 21; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Looks like no front speakers and the bezel is to small. Nothing to hold on to.
60. max97 (Posts: 1; Member since: 01 Nov 2013)
Google play sais: "Leaves warehouse by November 6, 2013" for the nexus 10 2012
Release date :?