New tech could let your cell phone scan for cancer
3. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 618; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
How about one that can give you an MRI just by taking a photo? That would sell by the bucket loads, athletes would love this, check for injuries that haven't revealed themselves like achilles ruptures and such.
4. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 164; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
If the spectrum were nailed down just right, I'm sure they could get it to penetrate just right in order to image tumors or growths. This could also come in handy for EMTs that arrive on-scene of an injury so they could see the extent of the dammage in order to consider the best possible action to take regarding the injury.
8. JonBjSig (Posts: 176; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
That is what they're trying to accomplish, it's not just to look at boobies through clothes.
5. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
Oh man. can you imagine if Apple got ahold of this and ran with it? "I think i have cancer..." "Well lemme look at my phone and see!" (Iphone Auto Correct comes into effect)
6. cupcake (Posts: 106; Member since: 15 Apr 2010)
How ironic for those who believe cell phones CAUSE cancer ...
7. biophone (Posts: 1893; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Breaking News cancer scanning phones gives you cancer. O the irony.
9. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
What iPhone owners need is a brain damage scanner. LOL!!!
10. master0fursinz (Posts: 104; Member since: 26 Apr 2010)
Wow... I can imagine this out in the real world, it would be like "Wow that dude face planted hard, lets go use our phones to check if he's got brain damage.. Nope its just cancer.."
11. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
So now the thing that gives me cancer can tell me that I have cancer...
12. quryous (banned) (Posts: 106; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I can just see the gov'ment locking up anything even approaching this technology. Can't have it, "Its a MEDICAL Device. Go see your doctor."