New leaked picture of Samsung Galaxy S IV resembles earlier image
just last week we saw a picture that was taken of the handset's bootscreen. The phone is obviously hard to see in the darkness of the shot, but it did reveal squared off corners, a departure from the Samsung Galaxy S III's big ol' rounded corners. The picture, if legit, put the kibosh in the rumor that the Galaxy S IV would resemble the prior model.
Now, on Wednesday night, we have the latest alleged leaked photograph of the Samsung Galaxy S IV. Mr. Blurrycam would be proud. Not only isn't the photo clear, it was also taken in a dark room. We do notice the similarities with the previous leaked shot, right down to the square corners. One thing we have to say about Samsung, the company does not sit on its laurels. The Samsung Galaxy S IV will be introduced on March 14th in New York City and unless you've had a few too many, the phone will look a lot clearer than this picture. We do have to say that the square look of the phone matches the design of the cases that we saw earlier, so this could be a legitimate shot of the device.
source: AndroidCaotic via AndroidAuthority
1. RiseAgainst94 posted on 28 Feb 2013, 00:02 12
Square corners? Really?
Now HTC, Nokia, Sony, LG, AND Samsung? Let's hope this isn't the case. The rounded corners are one of my favorite design aspects of the Galaxy S3- seems to make the phone seem smaller than it is.
9. PhoenixWright posted on 28 Feb 2013, 00:26 26
I like square corners :D
Didn't really like the S3 look, but the Hardaware and Software were the biggest trade-off. Same goes for the Note 2 :D
12. RiseAgainst94 posted on 28 Feb 2013, 00:35 12
Everyone has square corners now!
I didn't particularly like it either but the round corners I did like. I wouldn't mind if the device had some sort of curved shape to it, not just a flat rectangle (im looking at you Sony).
13. PhoenixWright posted on 28 Feb 2013, 00:51 4
I'm waiting for a 100% round phone with no bezel to pop up somewhere :D
22. pyradark posted on 28 Feb 2013, 02:54 3
flat rectangle but premium and great build quality unlike plastic(im looking at you Sammy)
37. RiseAgainst94 posted on 28 Feb 2013, 08:27 1
I love how this comment is directed at mine when I said nothing about build quality. I agree with you if it makes you feel better, but what I want is a premium rounded design, a la HTC One X.
21. tiara6918 posted on 28 Feb 2013, 02:44 1
Yeah, I prefer the square corners. It looks good on the s,s2 and the soon to be s4. It's a good thing they're leaving the ugly edges on the s3(that's the reason I decided to go for the htc one x because I didn't like the design of the s3)
40. Legnaldo posted on 28 Feb 2013, 09:50 2
I would imagine it having something to do with apple patenting round corners on rectangular devices....
2. BattleBrat posted on 28 Feb 2013, 00:03 10
Mr.blurrycam got his ass kicked by Mr.silhouettecam WTF! I see a screen, how descriptive! I know you're taking the picture in some closet in some samsung lab somewhere, but use the flash man!
3. RiseAgainst94 posted on 28 Feb 2013, 00:09 4
He would be afraid of showing his Sony device that has a Samsung Galaxy S IV page running.
18. tusshharish posted on 28 Feb 2013, 02:06 1
they should have used nokia pureview to get image more accurate........lol....lol
4. MrJerry posted on 28 Feb 2013, 00:11 4
The arrangements of letters in the two pics are totally different!
6. abdane posted on 28 Feb 2013, 00:13 2
and one is bluish, one is yellowish... imma w8 for the real thing to judge ! haha
27. kclgphilsbsa posted on 28 Feb 2013, 05:27 0
yah ur right, the first leak has wrong letter arrangements
the text logo must be> the "g" of Samsung must be on top of the "X" in GALAXY> which is seen on that latest boot screen leak..
5. abchco123 posted on 28 Feb 2013, 00:13 2
Yeah, I'm not really liking the square corners, and if it has on-screen buttons, then I'm done.
The galaxy s3 is beautiful, from this leak, it seems so over-used .
7. ama3654 posted on 28 Feb 2013, 00:23 1
Mehn i hope not, the photo on the right definitely indicates an LCD, Amoled is pure black and doesn't use back-light
8. louiemapa posted on 28 Feb 2013, 00:24 7
It should've been shot by a 920, it excels in low light.. XD
10. PhoenixWright posted on 28 Feb 2013, 00:28 1
NOOOOO, That way then we'd see what the whole phone looks like. The hype will disappear :D
11. akbar posted on 28 Feb 2013, 00:29 2
Create a random pixel mash-up and PA will post it as the "secret" phone of company X. Seriously, I know you need clicks for the adds but please exercise some journalistic standards.
15. GALAXY-STORM posted on 28 Feb 2013, 00:54 6
Does the new pic on the left looks amoled display?
28. Diego! posted on 28 Feb 2013, 06:59 1
Yes, I thought exactly the same. But the letters look crazy compared to the other phones of the Galaxy S series.
32. GALAXY-STORM posted on 28 Feb 2013, 07:43 0
About the letters it isn't a blurrycam shot. If you take a closer look the words are getting projected out 3d.
As far as I know, this phone is the trend setter for every sammy device coming up.
17. zippolite28 posted on 28 Feb 2013, 01:46 0
God Knows... But i really dont prefer AMOLED Display .. Screen looks over coloured
19. omarr posted on 28 Feb 2013, 02:09 4
It has the same corners as iCrap 5 !! Sued in 3 2 1 ......
24. jedpatrickdatu posted on 28 Feb 2013, 03:38 0
Judging by the grayish blacks of the screen, it looks like the SIV won't have AMOLED.
25. Igneel posted on 28 Feb 2013, 04:39 1
From the right pic, I can see that it's not AMOLED. The black background isn't as 'black' as the usual Samsung's AMOLED.
36. PhoneArenaUser posted on 28 Feb 2013, 08:25 0
Agree, but there was rumors that Samsung Galaxy S IV will use LCD.
29. sthashilan07 posted on 28 Feb 2013, 07:15 0
square corners :-O
seems like sammy is finally concerned towards the phone's appearance ..
31. dcgore posted on 28 Feb 2013, 07:42 0
It looks massive, not sure i would like a bigger phone. Let's wait and see.
34. Murph359 posted on 28 Feb 2013, 07:47 0
If you look at the picture on the right you can see the reflection of a white GS3 taking the picture.
35. BigBoss10 posted on 28 Feb 2013, 08:08 0
I LIKE SQUARE CORNERS IT ROCK!! ROUND CORNERS SEEMS VERY OLD FASHION PHONE
39. PhoneArenaUser posted on 28 Feb 2013, 09:10 0
For some reasons I think that it is fake, I think it is Sony Xperia Z (white model).
43. MrNobodyWTB posted on 28 Feb 2013, 19:11 0
The bezel kills, if accurate.
I was really hoping, if they did bump up the screen to 4.99, that they would have at least made the most minimal bezel in a Samsung phone that we've seen so far. This seems to have enough to actually make the phone feel big, especially with the extra real estate.
We will see in a couple weeks.
45. najariner posted on 01 Mar 2013, 21:56 0
this is what I'm talking about!!!!! finally, the best android phone wont look like a piece of s**t!!