New Nokia Windows Phone codenamed “Martini” in the pipeline
Today it was leaked to keep an eye open for a new Windows Phone Blue handset from Nokia, codename, “Martini.” That is basically all we know right now unfortunately.
Microsoft’s //Build/ developer conference is coming in one month and it is widely expected that in addition to the introduction of Windows Phone 8.1, there will be a number of new Windows Phone devices unveiled to ring in what will be a huge update to the platform. It stands to reason that we will see Martini make its debut with other Windows Phones, including perhaps the Samsung device known as Huron.
Spec-wise, we have no indicators as to what the Nokia Martini will be and we do not know where it will sit in the hierarchy of devices – that is, will it be a hero device or mid-level piece of equipment. April may be a little too early to expect a successor to the super-camera packing Nokia Lumia 1020, but certainly not too early to see a successor to the slim and fancy Lumia 925.
Microsoft completing its acquisition of Nokia Devices and Services. That said, it is entirely possible we see a device meant to be the flag bearer of that new arrangement.
What are you hoping to see come out of //Build/?
source: @evleaks (Twitter)
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10096; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Please be a successor of the 925 and land on T-Mobile with Icon specs.
8. Kishin (Posts: 703; Member since: 30 May 2013)
I would so get it..as long its not oversize..
12. Skoms (Posts: 118; Member since: 03 Feb 2014)
Why wp ???
nokia is goin Android to sell phones ;)
34. hurrycanger (Posts: 1537; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Man, wait and try WP 8.1
I think it's gonna kick some ess! :D
36. ZeroCide (Posts: 739; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
I have already tried android . that doesn't mean i dont want to try newer android. Your thinking is stale.
28. Xen0F0rm (Posts: 9; Member since: 05 Feb 2014)
You mean manufacturers build phones on multiple OS's?!?! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT is this madness.
38. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 941; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
Definitely would love for SOMETHING to land on Tmobile... I left Verizon, cause the selection of phones (especially Windows Phones) sucked. And Tmobile has been slouching... Although I do LOVE the Lumia 925!
2. TheWolfpacker (Posts: 44; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Maybe we can mix colors like you can mix a martini? Probably not, but it'd be cool as hell.
24. akki20892 (Posts: 3819; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
I'm thinking will be next Nokia flagship device. This is what I'm waiting for Nokia. This is beast guys. Watch your self.
Specs just guessing.
Around 5" 1080p, quad core new version of snapdragon, 2or3 gb ram, 20mp camera, wireless charging, etc.
4. toink (unregistered)
In light of the Lumia Icon, I hope Nokia continues using words to name their Lumias instead of the traditional number combination. Words tend to stick more IMO.
10. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I think the number should be on the end of the name, Nokia should make a name for their flagship maybe like...Nokia Lumia Zeta 1? Then one year later it will be Nokia Lumia Zeta 2 and follow on...? Zeta sounds great to me.
18. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I think MS will end the carrier exclusive deals that hold the platform back.. When that happens then maybe the Icon name can be used for future high end devices.
41. Credo (Posts: 721; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I would love to have a Nokia Lumia Icon 2 and so on :p
11. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
I hope down-sized 1520 thats all
7. volcano (Posts: 284; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
i think its the international version of Lumia icon
9. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Where's the Vodka? When there's Martini there should be Vodka. I hope this "Martini" is the Lumia 925 successor with 5 inch 1080p display and aluminium body, and where's the "Vodka"?
16. sks1969 (Posts: 89; Member since: 04 Mar 2012)
looks to be the 725/730, 1+ GB RAM and processor upgrade please
29. sks1969 (Posts: 89; Member since: 04 Mar 2012)
Looks, yes, I guess the thumbnail on the top left of the article?
30. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
That's not the device.. Just a random image pulled for the article..
17. Killua (Posts: 270; Member since: 25 Nov 2013)
Pretty sure it'll have colorful backs and similar designs, just like Samsung/Apple all over again.
20. Gemmol (Posts: 682; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
I know I said when I got the note 3 I will stay with it for a full 2 years, but once the specs came out for Lumia 1520 I decided this will be the phone I stay with for 2 years. I am just hoping there wont be a Nokia phone that comes out this year that make me change my mind again because I really love this Lumia 1520, but I will admit I cannot wait to see the successor to the Lumia 1520 I hope the battery get bigger and not smaller, I cannot go back to charging my phone every day, I like to charge every 2 to 3 days
Here a pic of how great the batter life is
21. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I hope the next 1520 is even bigger, with a 6.3" screen, but barely bigger body.
42. Credo (Posts: 721; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I'm glad you're enjoying it so far, i wish i had the 1520, but i will sure go and get it, but i'm waiting, hoping for a Cyan version, as Nokia hinted about it on their Facebook page :)
27. CEMIII (Posts: 110; Member since: 26 Jun 2013)
Well anything with quad core 8mp (+) rear cam, 2mp (+) front, 2g of ram, 5" (+) screen is worth druling over.
Lovin my ICON
31. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
The Icon is the best WP device ever!... And, I have a 1520!!!!
39. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 941; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
Needa start upping the hardware game Nokia... 1520 and Icon (929) are few and far in between... AND CARRIER EXCLUSIVES... Don't flood the market, but allow for the Lumia family of products to touch many different carriers!
40. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Exactly!!! This is what needs to be done!