New BlackBerry 10 screenshots appear showing initial set up, default apps and more
Perhaps the most interesting are the screenshots that show the default apps that come on BB10. We see YouTube, but we're unsure if that is a real YouTube client like on Android, or just a way to re-direct users to the mobile YouTube website, which is what BlackBerry OS 7 models do. As you would expect, there are native apps for Facebook, Twitter and foursquare.
The introduction of BlackBerry 10 will take place on January 30th and even RIM CEO Thorsten Heins recognizes that it is a battle for third place between RIM and Microsoft. No matter how all of this does turn out, we have to mention that Heins has done an admirable job replacing Mike Lazaridis and Jim Balsillie whose dual leadership at RIM was filed with questionable calls. RIM's shares took a beating on Friday as analysts are concerned about a drop in the fees that RIM charges carriers once BB10 is launched, and whether this revenue can be replaced.
Now that you've seen these screenshots, are you more or less excited about the upcoming BlackBerry 10 launch?
Screenshots for BlackBerry 10
1. BBGrind (Posts: 50; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
Looking great. I am look for my fav aps like Instagram, SlingBox, Skype and Comcast "Xfinity" apps, it have all those I will be set.
6. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 380; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
Can't you just install any Android app on BlackBerry?
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5850; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Nothing compelling to get a former BB user (me) to switch back from JB and my Note II.
Best wishes for success, though (competition compels innovation across the board).
5. andrew1953 (Posts: 175; Member since: 13 Nov 2011)
I have my Note 2 as default for reading newspapers, watching videos and my 9800 for texting, , phone calls. Makes me lean towards N series as replacement for 9800. I think RIM should look at making a 5.5 phablet.
7. DOUBLE_BASS (Posts: 44; Member since: 18 Apr 2012)
I felt some lagging once I reached the BlackBerry ID and BB app icon..
8. AmitMajumder (Posts: 80; Member since: 21 May 2012)
The swiping gestures are like Meego from Nokia n9.
9. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
How can you be so sure??
It hasn't been released till now.
10. anshul0000 (unregistered)
its simple and unique..
11. mobilesick (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
BB--black the berries ....they are no.1 fake os maker...Just have a glance on WEB OS by HP you can come to know how they have thefted the idea of multitasking ...Shame on BB
14. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
no worries, BB will end up exactly like Web OS...
13. Tsoliades (Posts: 213; Member since: 22 Dec 2012)
I can't wait for BB10 to come out! More competition is always good.