Mysterious handset, allegedly a Motorola, shown on video; runs Android L?
1. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
judging from video that phone has amoled screen
5. steedsofwar (unregistered)
It does look Amoled and moto is known to be one of the rare OEM's other than Sammy to use AMOLED's. I love them, except I dont own one. That's 'cos I don't fancy anything Sammy and Moto release their phones like a year late in my country.
On another point, the phone is too big for my liking. Very disappointing.
2. vincelongman (Posts: 3961; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Dam that looks pretty huge, quite disappointing IMO
I was hoping it would at least be the same size as the Nexus 5 if not still smaller, but it looks much bigger
14. SupermanayrB (Posts: 413; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
It's called preference. And if you listen, he said that it was one of 3 different phones to be released by Moto so if you're disappointed by this particular one, maybe one of the other 2 will be to your liking.
3. MartinR (Posts: 50; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Man why with the tape make me wanna believe this is not the real deal. Or something.... I know you want to disguise a phone but you can do that by covering up the serial numbers or something... Why making it unrecognizable as a whole...
4. MartinR (Posts: 50; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
BTW the bootanimation still says " A Google Company" this with Android L seems highly unlikely
7. Awalker (Posts: 1363; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Motorola is a Google company. The Lenovo deal still has to be approved by regulators.
8. MartinR (Posts: 50; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
MMM ok I thought I saw somewhere the had changed it too a Lenovo Company Somewhere, that's why I said it..
9. o0Exia0o (Posts: 889; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
Just so you know.... The front of the Motorola devices have to be covered in this fashion because Motorola keeps track of their prototype devices by adding physical marks to the body of the devices. This way they can tell if a device is leaked who was responsible for the leaked device. beyond that I could not tell you what happens to the holder of the leaked device.
10. MartinR (Posts: 50; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Good to know this man Thanks, This is something I did notknow and to be reall how could I know right....
11. o0Exia0o (Posts: 889; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
And I feel pain towards this as I would love to see what Moto has baking for the next generation of devices. But ever since the Moto X leak out of Vietnam they have been rather good at deterring leaked prototypes by testers and the media.
12. ciprian.ruse (Posts: 292; Member since: 13 May 2014)
Maybe it's the Nexus 6 made by Motorola this year.
13. needa (Posts: 205; Member since: 30 Jun 2014)
there is supposed to be a droid phablet on the way. but as far as tktech's sources... well those guys (read: three of them from coast to coast) just got done telling him that moto was going to unleash their entire arsenal at i/o. why you ask? to send moto off to lenovo with a bang.
the guy is an idiot.