Motorola patents neck tattoo that acts as a microphone and lie detector
Motorola's idea is to place a skin tattoo sticker on your neck to be used as a microphone, sending signals to your Motorola Moto X or the latest version of the Motorola DROID. The microphone would be able to send a clearer sound to your handset as it would eliminate background noise. The tattoo would come with its own transceiver, antenna, microphone and signal processor. For some reason not explained, the tattoo would also come with a screen even though the placement of the sticker would preclude you from looking at it.
And wait, there's more. Motorola adds that the tattoo could include a skin detector that could help determine if someone is talking in the confident manner of someone telling the truth. That's right, the tattoo patch could double as a lie detector. Sounds like we might not see too many politicians using Motorola handsets in the future.
As far as the tattoo is concerned, we wonder if the wholly owned Google subsidiary will have one that says "Mom" with a big heart.
source: USPTO via UnwiredView
5. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2156; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Yeah. They will add this to every single baby immediately when they born. Would be creepy
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5376; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Who knows, maybe in the future if citizens still be so puppets like now.
12. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1184; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Yeah... I'll pass... I don't care how amazing you can take this technology. I will never attach something like that to my body
26. rusticguy (Posts: 2813; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
They don't need anything as long as the best surveillance device -- smartphone -- is around. Richard Stallman doesn't kep a cell phone.
27. Daftama (Posts: 560; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yeah those movies of us been controlled and monitored are starting to look like a reality
28. htc_prep (Posts: 303; Member since: 09 Oct 2009)
Am I the only one or does this sound like a mark of the beast?
21. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5376; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
In U.S. your neck will be carrier branded. :D
24. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1296; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
that's just what the German Jewish community thought in WW2
11. GoGoGalaxyNexus (Posts: 30; Member since: 01 Nov 2013)
Imagine the day our smartphones are replaced by a tattoo...Sometimes technology needs to slow down a little so we can be ready for it
14. GeekMovement (Posts: 1499; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Radiation? Thyroid cancer?! Maybe not, but still.. lol.
15. Pancholo (Posts: 371; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
This is awesome!
...If you are the one tattooing this on people while they're sleeping. Get notifications on your phone everytime they say a lie. Talk about high-tech stalking!
19. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 199; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Rage-ending your call and slamming your finger to your neck and missing
25. xfire99 (Posts: 401; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Cool, but I dont want a tattoo on the neck. Unless it can be move freely to put anyhwere and washable.
29. LindaC (Posts: 10; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
"Only Thing We Have to Fear is Fear Itself."
FDR's First Inaugural Address