Motorola may have a sequel planned for the Atrix 4G
The device in the photos very closely resembles the Motorola Atrix 4G that is currently available on the nation’s second largest carrier. However there are a few changes that you will notice. First off is the fact that the screen already has the latest version of the Blur user interface, even though that was just pushed out to the original Atrix 4G in an update.
On top of the device is a 3.5 mm headphone jack that sits where that nifty fingerprint scanner was on the original.
There has never been any word of Motorola planning a sequel to the Atrix 4G. When this device finds its way to AT&T’s shelves it may have a different name entirely. However, it is all speculation right now. Check out the photos and tell us what you think in the comments below.
1. JordanCox (Posts: 21; Member since: 17 Apr 2011)
Hmmmmmmmm.... I don't see a fingerprint scanner. Lame.
2. megamrambo (Posts: 37; Member since: 19 Jul 2010)
Who uses biometric scanners? Soooo 2010! lol
11. protozeloz (Posts: 5393; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Fingerprint + smartphone + NFC = win :D
3. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
is it a worthy enough update to get people to side with this than the now much cheaper Atrix 4G? doubtful at this point. i'm inclined to believe there's more going on here we're not seeing.
4. jroc74 (Posts: 5732; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Maybe next version of some dual core chip, quad core chip?
14. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
perhaps but that means this phone probably won't hit shelves for a little while.
5. skymitch89 (Posts: 1244; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
I'm really starting to get tired of saying things and then a few hours to a few days later there is an article about that. I think it was yesterday that I said that the reason At&t was pulling the Atrix was to release and updated version of it.
6. Arnold.Kubsi (unregistered)
Also, looks like the curved glass display... wish it would have IPS display than the current.
7. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3099; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
The back looks like a Samsung phone but the front looks like a htc phone that runs MOTOBLUR
8. Sniggly (Posts: 7297; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Meh. I'm happy with the Atrix. No regrets here. Besides, I like the fingerprint scanner.
9. vette21man (Posts: 351; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Great! You can't live in buyer's remorse-ville when it comes to tech. So many new gadgets all the time. Be happy with your purchase! Holding out for the NEXT one will always leave you waiting.
10. protozeloz (Posts: 5393; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I've always seen a future on the fingerprint scanner and I think fingerprint + NFC = win. we have 10 fingers we could use to toggle many things on and off on our devices that could make tings more easy
12. box (unregistered)
So you have an Atrix and a Sensation 4G? Nice.
13. Silly Rabbit (unregistered)
I'd be more interested in an update/upgrade features to the lapdock. n'work cable connection and speaker/headphone jack to mention a couple.
not sayin' I'd buy a new one . . . . jus' sayin'