Motorola DROID Bionic sign up page announced by Verizon
First spotted at the CES in January, the Motorola DROID Bionic became a mythical device when the device was first cancelled by Motorola and then brought back to life with a complete re-design. Even this late in the game, with a launch getting closer and closer to being reality, no one outside of those working on the device can say for sure what this phone looks like. Here is your chance, though, to be among the first to find out all about the DROID Bionic when the news breaks.
One little confirmation of the launch date was seen on the top of the sign up page where it says, "Coming This Summer". The last day of Summer 2011 is September 22nd, so we should see the Motorola DROID Bionic get released by Verizon sometime before that date.
source: Verizon via CNET
1. biophone posted on 12 Jul 2011, 21:12 1 0
Bionic looks good but come on i expected it already.
3. boostedIS_300 posted on 12 Jul 2011, 21:18 0 0
hey by the way that pic they have above isnt the way the droid bionic is going to look thats the old pic .they have no real pics of the new version only speculation!
27. narley posted on 13 Jul 2011, 15:50 0 0
The only reason you think that is based off of articles on sites like these which are all speculation....
They're wrong half the time.
2. boostedIS_300 posted on 12 Jul 2011, 21:14 0 0
i have been waiting to use my upgrade on this phone im so in as soon as it hits the shelf!!!!
14. BobbyTaba posted on 13 Jul 2011, 01:16 0 0
I didnt have an upgrade till march but verizon randomly brought it to expire a few days ago so now I can get a good phones
5. ken (unregistered) posted on 12 Jul 2011, 22:01 0 0
I'd love to see a solid 4.3" Bionic from Moto. Please no cheap plastic.
6. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 12 Jul 2011, 22:05 3 0
I love my Droid 3, the new blur works really great. I love this keyboard very much.
8. Thump3rDX17 posted on 12 Jul 2011, 22:24 0 0
that's good to hear! so far i still intend to get one..the wait continues though. i might call them back tomorrow or the day after. :P
9. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 12 Jul 2011, 22:30 0 0
Very pleased with the phone. Just wished it had more RAM.
18. protozeloz posted on 13 Jul 2011, 06:17 1 1
They should have gone with 1GB :'(
20. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 13 Jul 2011, 07:22 2 0
I know it would have made this phone nearly perfect. Hell I would have been happy with 768mbs like the thunderbolt has.
23. Thump3rDX17 posted on 13 Jul 2011, 08:22 0 0
i still think it might be dual-channel DDR2 RAM.
28. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 13 Jul 2011, 22:21 1 0
If the droid bionic is anything like the one coming out for sprint then it will have 1 gb of ram.
24. protozeloz posted on 13 Jul 2011, 08:38 0 0
I keep my stance that for a good performance and great multy tasking on dual core the minimum should be 768... wonder why the thumbs down
7. AlphaZuluBravo posted on 12 Jul 2011, 22:11 1 0
It feels like it might be a disappointment, there's been so much hype and I don't feel that it can live up to it. But I'm still excited :)
11. IEatApples posted on 12 Jul 2011, 23:05 0 0
Its going to be a photon with lte. Nothing really all that exciting other then lte which is still a shaky service. The nexus prime is what's really worth waiting for.
12. almost here (unregistered) posted on 12 Jul 2011, 23:58 0 0
I still have my blackberry1. My contract has been up sence actober of 2010. I was waiting for 4g lte. then for Motorola's 4g lte phone what ever name it be. Now for the past 7 frustrating mounths where almost there. The bionic is going to be the one Its freaking asume. P.s. sniggly kicks ass.
13. Badgerbaby (unregistered) posted on 13 Jul 2011, 00:37 1 0
I'm excited! Can't wait! Hope it has the 4.5 inch screen. At our age we like
the view of a larger screen. Even get excited about todays new technology. Have faith the wait will be worth the changes, better battery, better processor and good screen quality with duel core and 4G on big red. That will be nice.
15. aphex (unregistered) posted on 13 Jul 2011, 02:02 0 0
what phone is this one on the right? cant seem to place it and wondering if it could be...
/b2c/explore/?page=smartphones &lid=//global//explore//learn+ about+devices//smartphones
17. jaystar751 (unregistered) posted on 13 Jul 2011, 03:51 0 0
that is the fascinate i think
19. protozeloz posted on 13 Jul 2011, 06:18 1 0
You seem rather disturbed.... is there something wrong?
29. The_Miz posted on 13 Jul 2011, 22:30 0 1
nope. just saying that it will become a bloat magnet
21. DroidGod posted on 13 Jul 2011, 07:53 2 1
Once again Miz ruins everything... he hates life, but loves his wrestling.
22. DroidGod posted on 13 Jul 2011, 08:14 1 1
FYI this phone will murder your old ass Iphone4 ;)
25. xmusicianguy posted on 13 Jul 2011, 09:03 0 0
I want an unlocked bootloader. Not because I need it. But because if I buy a phone. I buy a phone so it's mine!
34. Thump3rDX17 posted on 14 Jul 2011, 22:03 0 0
the Bionic will be OLLLD by the time the GSII comes out. xD
31. DROIDX0430 posted on 14 Jul 2011, 09:53 1 0
It will definately be a hard choice this Summer. Choosing between either the Samsung Galaxy S II (Samsung Function) on Verizon or the Droid Bionic by Motorola. Both will offer dual core and LTE on top of an assortment of other features on these two high end phones. My only hesistation with the Bionic is that the device was already pulled once and sent back to Motorola. Hence the Thunderbolt and the fiasco of a phone that has been with all the problems. I have only heard great things about the Galaxy S II series.......
32. yeabut (unregistered) posted on 14 Jul 2011, 12:08 0 0
we have no idea when the Galaxy S 2 is coming out soo pretty much is the Bionic comes out first it could lose a lot of people who want the Galaxy S 2 : X
33. Superguy (unregistered) posted on 14 Jul 2011, 12:19 0 0
There's conflicting info whether Verizon's SGS2 will have LTE or not. On the specs page here, it's listed, but PA also posted that it wouldn't have it. The GSM versions haven't had LTE - just the 4G-lite HSPA+.
I hope Verizon's has it as it'd be nice to have to choose between 2 super phones. I loved my original SGS.
35. Cass80 (unregistered) posted on 25 Jul 2011, 23:45 0 0
Can't say for sure or exactly how I know what I know.....
But you can most definetly expect at minimum 4.5pm screen dual core 1ghz 1gb.
This IS the phone of all phones.
36. jakson0100 (unregistered) posted on 17 Oct 2011, 04:17 0 0
the droid bionic is pretty much verizon's version of the atrix, but slightly better because the screen is 4.3 inches and it has an 8 MP camera instead of the atrix's 4.0 screen and 5 MP camera. however both have the qHD dispaly and the dual core integra 2 1 ghz processor. also, verizon's 4G LTE is significantly better than AT&T's HSPA+ 4G. both phones are still the best android phones spec wise this year. i keep on searching for motorola's mobiles nd i found a very good source for moto info i would like to share with all moto users
37. jakson0100 (unregistered) posted on 17 Oct 2011, 04:18 0 0
the droid bionic is pretty much verizon's version of the atrix, but slightly better because the screen is 4.3 inches and it has an 8 MP camera instead of the atrix's 4.0 screen and 5 MP camera. however both have the qHD dispaly and the dual core integra 2 1 ghz processor. also, verizon's 4G LTE is significantly better than AT&T's HSPA+ 4G. both phones are still the best android phones spec wise this year. i keep on searching for motorola's mobiles nd i found a very good source for moto info i would like to share with all moto usershttp://www.motoask.com