Motorola DROID BIONIC arrives at some Verizon stores; new video appears, reveals box
Speaking of the Motorola DROID BIONIC, a new video was discovered showing the retail box, the actual unit rocking Verizon's LTE pipeline, and the "About" screen confirming that Android 2.3.4 is aboard. There has been no sign of a pre-order period and Verizon hasn't actually made any official announcement related to pricing and launch date. And for those of you who have downloaded the DROID BIONIC ARena app from the Android Market in the hopes of winning a free DROID BIONIC, once Saturday starts there will be 24 hours left until the sweepstakes begins.
source: DroidLife, AndroidCentral
1. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 02 Sep 2011, 22:27 1 1
The only release date that matters is September 16th =)
7. Yeeee posted on 03 Sep 2011, 02:56 1 0
Is anybody having trouble with droid bionic arena app? I built bionic 20 times still says I have to build bionic and cant hunt
20. Thump3rDX17 posted on 03 Sep 2011, 18:30 0 0
you have to wait until the contest actually starts.
19. KParks23 posted on 03 Sep 2011, 16:41 2 1
Really people let me sum up what i see hear.......... 4G 1BAR and BLUR... its a 4G Dx2., the vigor will blow this junk away hands down!! what a let down it took them a whole year after CES to release this crap?? must of had big problems so im sure there will still be problems with it.. just wait and get a HTC phone!
2. Goldeneye posted on 02 Sep 2011, 23:06 2 2
Well to me the only date that matters is whenever the Prime and/or the Vigor are launched, BTW this guy looks so generic, just another MOTO nothing special that makes it look desirable besides the specs, heck it looks not much different than the original Droid and at least the OG was metal and glass, and this one is made of cheap plastic, yikes!
13. Miercoles (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2011, 11:20 0 0
I have a Droid 3 and it's definitely not made from cheap plastic. Very sturdy phone. But I agree, this looks really basic. And the most recent blur skin kind of mucks with the phones appearance. I wish I could have plain old Android.
3. snowgator posted on 02 Sep 2011, 23:54 1 0
Will have to wait and see, but if the Droid Prime is right around the corner, will the Bionic be able to compete? Moto sure waited to get this right. Hope it was worth it.
4. gs2isbest (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2011, 00:18 0 2
gs2 is the best: bigger screen, better soc, waaaay better gpu, more memory space, only $200 (actually with the curretn promo I can get it for $25 plus tax no activation fee) and sprint work great in my area- mostly full bars and 4g is all green. Bionic you failed, be leaving verizon soon. $300 LOL
5. Droider posted on 03 Sep 2011, 01:14 0 0
Crap verizon is really f**kinn with peoples minds lol
6. Me (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2011, 01:39 1 2
Not impressed. It may be faster, bigger, but probably won't work any better. Probably won't sync email, will claim you're not signed into your google account at least once, forceclose apps, and may even not work with a third-party call blocker by having your notification light turn on. Because it's a Droid. My Droid 3 has had all these problems, don't see why this would be any different.
8. ap89 (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2011, 04:02 0 1
WOWW!!! OG Droid user can't even download the Droid Bionic ARena app. We deserve a chance to win a new phone too. I been waiting for two years. Good Job Motorola for being late on this 1GHz Dual-Core phone release when HTC and Samsung are releasing 1.2GHz and 1.5GHz Dual-core phones next month. I wouldn't waste my upgrade for this phone.
9. nastynaps posted on 03 Sep 2011, 07:58 1 1
This is the phone that everyone loves to hate on and rightfully so. How could the designers of this phone have been so short-sighted when they delayed it for like 3 or 4 months? If you're going to go back to the drawing board and know what the SGS2 is packing why not go all out. The technology was there and the demand was there since Verizon was nowhere near putting out any other powerful phones. Why release the Droid 3, X2 and Bionic all around the same time when that energy could have been spent on 1 awesome phone with and without LTE? A golden opportunity was squandered by Motorola they could have made a great phone to challenge the SGS2 and filled a niche with the best service provider in the country. DUMB!
10. not negative (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2011, 09:31 2 1
WOW all the negative comment from people who have never held one.. Pretty sad.
I'll reserve my thoughts until I have actually had one in hand. All the spec's in the
world don't mean anything if a phone is built cheaply or is full of bugs. You can
put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.... kind of like the last several samsung phones
I've had, or oh yea the last HTC one too.
One thing I can say about Moto is they develop many of their own components, radios
and antennas. I still have an old moto Q and moto QR in my desk and they have been
dropped and abused with no issues to the phone.
People may not like MOTO for one reason or another, but they do build long lasting
I'll be at big reds store thursday with one in hand and hopefully will walk out the
door with it.
11. Nelson Muntz (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2011, 10:46 0 3
It doesn't sound like you're a fanboy... you must be STOOPID. Ha Ha
My phones, like me, are the best at everything ever!
12. testman22 posted on 03 Sep 2011, 10:51 3 2
Stop shoving the bionic down our throats. "bionic release announced" "bionic cases found at BJs" "Bionic giveaway leaked" "bionic billboards seen at citi field" "bionic wallpapers revealed" "bionic already rooted" "bionic supporting lapdock confirmed" "bionic hinted on twitter" "bionic spotted on the subway" "bionic packaging sneak peak" "motorola CEO uses bionic while on the toilet" "Obama plans on using bionic to improve the economy"
Jeez! I stopped caring like 4 months ago
17. jake (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2011, 13:07 3 1
and yet you still come here and read it and post stupid stuff
14. Miercoles (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2011, 11:22 0 0
This guys video sucks. He should've showed more of the phone.
15. Miercoles (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2011, 11:37 1 0
I take that back, if you go to his page, he has videos benchmarking the phone. Lots of great vids!!!!!!!!!
16. Miercoles (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2011, 11:38 0 0
The phone is only 1GHZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
23. Thump3rDX17 posted on 05 Sep 2011, 00:38 0 0
just overclock it. OMAP processors are celebrated for being so good for overclocking except for the fact that they're usually on locked Motorolas. it won't be a big deal with CWM or hopefully an unlocked bootloader soon.
18. CharlesBigtime (unregistered) posted on 03 Sep 2011, 13:48 0 0
I like French fries!!
24. Jaxsun1 (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2011, 16:14 0 0
I have two issues ( ok I have narrowed it down).
1. Why have NO winners been notified or announced for the ARena game
2. What was the purpose of getting people to sign up for Bionic updates via email when they never sent anything to anyone?
What a marketing disaster.
25. Thump3rDX17 posted on 07 Sep 2011, 16:28 0 0
1. they all get announced at the end.
2. good point...