More Samsung Galaxy Premier images leak after NCC visit
Samsung Galaxy Premier should be soon ready to launch, at least in Taiwan.
There is some speculation that the phone is going be offered in Europe and Asia and will be priced at about 480 EUR ($620 USD). The latest talk around the water cooler has the Samsung Galaxy Premier coming to market with a 4.65 inch WVGA display, although there is some belief that the screen could be HD which would mean at least 720p. A dual-core 1.5GHz TI OMAP4470 processor would meet again with the PowerVR SGX 544 GPU. 1GB of RAM is on board along with 16GB of native storage and the latter could be expanded using the microSD slot on the device. There is an 8MP camera in back and a 1.3MP shooter up front. Android 4.1.1 is installed.
The Samsung Galaxy Premier obviously takes its design cues from the Samsung Galaxy S III, at least in front, and you might be able to get away with telling all your friends and family that the phone in your hand is the flagship Android model when it really is the Samsung Galaxy Premier. But don't worry, your secret will be safe with us.
source: TechOrz (translated), SammyHub via AndroidCommunity
Samsung Galaxy Premier (GT-I9260) visits the NCC
1. SkOne (Posts: 87; Member since: 02 May 2012)
that's basicaly a mix between the sgs3 and the sgnex
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
Since when Sammy wanna follow Apple footsteps, lower down the security and let the leak more accurate so that the fanboy won't overrate the product and create disappointment.
Btw, this phone looks classic :) I like it
6. doejon (Posts: 323; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
nope samsung knows what 2 do...
thats not the galaxy s4
3. Fayeznoor (Posts: 65; Member since: 15 Nov 2011)
the source says it has Size: 125.3×66.1×8.5 for 4.65 incher?
This is very compact phone. for comparison Galaxy Nexus has 135.5 x 67.9 x 8.9 mm dimension. and Galaxy s2 has 125.3 x 66.1 x 8.5 mm dimension.
So this means, this phone is size of Galaxy S2?
I’m not sure if these dimensions are correct.
12. Captain_Doug (Posts: 748; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Did you just measure that from the picture? How confident are you with those numbers?
4. regkilla (Posts: 83; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
Looks just like the Galaxy S3.... omfg headphones!
5. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
8. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
and s3 doesnt really look good... samsung really needs a new designer!!!
7. The.Dark.Knight.Rises (banned) (Posts: 72; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
I guess now you guys must stop criticizing apple as Samsung is doing the same thing.
9. NickPeters (Posts: 64; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Partially correct! You see, Apple haven't changed their iPhone design for years (I still don't count iPhone 5 as a changed design, they only made it longer and put aluminium on the back instead of glass) and Samsung's 2012 Galaxy line (because the whole line looks more/less the same) was a breakthrough comparing to the 2010 and 2011 design of their devices.
11. Captain_Doug (Posts: 748; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Or criticize Samsung for being like Apple...
10. sjtempo9x (Posts: 7; Member since: 21 Jul 2012)
i plan to buy a SII but this phone is good for me
so change plan, i'm gonna waiting :)
13. xfire99 (Posts: 446; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Omg Samsung, stop copying uself, looks like SGS3/SGNote 2 and meaning to release this one?
14. ssk27 (Posts: 15; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
An average user would be very confused sammy. And its like naming a bunch of grapes, tat small 1 is s3 mini and this is note 2 and this new 1 is premier....