Microsoft teases a WP7 version of the Samsung Galaxy S II, plus new handsets from Fujitsu, ZTE and Acer
1. Waiting (unregistered) posted on 12 Jul 2011, 15:15 3 1
i don't care if it's android or windows. i'll take whichever comes out first as long as it the gs2 comes out soon!
24. remixfa posted on 13 Jul 2011, 10:36 0 0
i dont care what form the GS2 comes in america, it just needs to hurry up and get here. The folks at XDA will make sure we get to "choose" our OS if we wanted too. lol. As long as the internals are the same between the android and windows version i dont think it will take them too long to be able to pull windows off and put android on or vice versa.
2. corps1089 posted on 12 Jul 2011, 15:41 4 1
I could easily be persuaded to buy the WP7 GSII instead of an HTC dual core WP7 phone. I wonder which will come to Sprint first?
15. Dj21o posted on 12 Jul 2011, 22:13 3 1
I am honestly about to jump up and down. All 4 devices are big displays, high resolution, and without a keyboard. There has to be at least one of them going to Sprint. Verizon and Sprint only got a device each for round one, but you do save the best for last, right? :p
3. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 12 Jul 2011, 16:10 7 1
Hey that Samsung Windows Phone 7 is a SEXY little beast. If it's a WP7 Galaxy S II that will be one heck of a phone. I want to hear more about THAT phone! It looked incredible!
4. Gcombs (unregistered) posted on 12 Jul 2011, 16:23 0 0
Hell yeah! Can I get that with a 4G LTE radio for Verizon tomorrow? LOL
5. andro (unregistered) posted on 12 Jul 2011, 16:24 2 12
It'll be funny to see the working results of the top level hardware of the sg2 crippled with the w7 system
6. tom (unregistered) posted on 12 Jul 2011, 17:08 8 1
Im sure you have never really used a WP7, untill then you should stick to commenting on android specific posts.
8. KParks23 posted on 12 Jul 2011, 18:28 4 1
@ TOM..... nice i agree WP7 is pretty awesome im sticking with android tho but WP7 is def a contender
7. snowgator posted on 12 Jul 2011, 17:27 4 1
You know W7 is becoming mainstream and respected when people start trolling just to toss around insults. Microsoft thanks you for your efforts, andro....
14. Dj21o posted on 12 Jul 2011, 22:01 3 1
Android this, Android that, I hit a phandroid with a Windows bat. :D
9. remyrz posted on 12 Jul 2011, 19:52 5 0
omiga omaiga omaigaaa mangooo i wantt you soo baad babyy!!! :DD
12. yougotkilled1 posted on 12 Jul 2011, 21:33 3 0
WP7 GSII? Now that's something to look forward to! :)
13. Dj21o posted on 12 Jul 2011, 21:58 2 1
Omg omg omg omg Sprint better pick one of these bad boys my damn contract is up at the end of this month!!! I got some moneyy to blowww before the holidays!!!!
19. SemperFiV12 posted on 13 Jul 2011, 00:48 2 0
If I were you I'd wait till AFTER the holidays, unless the Arrive is cool with you. WP7 will have BEAST phones by end of this year/beginning of next year!
21. Dj21o posted on 13 Jul 2011, 01:12 2 0
Oh I plan on one of these being my next device for sure. Screw the Arrive lol.
16. ArmageddonX posted on 12 Jul 2011, 22:40 2 0
A WP7 SGSII would really help WP7 take off. I like the idea that in the future we might get to see manufacturers embracing the idea of the user choosing their preferred OS on their phones.
27. corps1089 posted on 13 Jul 2011, 21:27 0 0
It would also help compare OS to OS running on the same exact hardware!
Although, come to think of it didn't the Galaxy S for Sprint have WiMax 4G and a front facing camera that the Galaxy S on other carriers didn't? not exactly the same specs, so much for isolating OS performance...
28. Forsaken77 posted on 14 Jul 2011, 14:24 0 0
Yes it did.... the Epic 4G it was called. But when all 4 of the original Galaxy-S phones came out... the Epic was not 4G capable. It was a good 8 months later that they re-released it with 4G and the front camera. So they were equal in the beginning.
17. mube (unregistered) posted on 12 Jul 2011, 22:52 0 0
samsung galaxy s2 is awesome,no one can beat it.i m just loving it.thank u soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much samsung
18. mube (unregistered) posted on 12 Jul 2011, 22:55 0 0
samsung galaxy s2 is awesome,no one can beat it,i m just loving it,thank u soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much samsung for this monster
20. SemperFiV12 posted on 13 Jul 2011, 00:49 1 0
This just keep getting better and better for the Windows platform! I am quite impressed!
22. CB2047 (unregistered) posted on 13 Jul 2011, 10:14 1 0
Just bring it to the U.S. already!!
23. IEatApples posted on 13 Jul 2011, 10:34 1 0
I hope mango has support for every tile to be a live tile. I used a focus for 4 months and had to get an android. I love wp7 os its very smart how common apps are built into the os but I couldn't stand looking at the non live tiles all one boreing color on the screen. Ms just needs to add some type of live function for each tile to make the ui look fun especially if their going to leave out backgrounds.
25. yougotkilled1 posted on 13 Jul 2011, 18:37 1 0
^ I agree. It is quite boring without any live tile animation, but some people are able to look passed that. Mango should be an update for WP7 to really look forward to. I know I'm looking forward to it!
26. IEatApples posted on 13 Jul 2011, 20:44 1 0
I will probably get another wp7 when mango and dual core hits the market. I think I remember hearing that more live tile support is coming on mango.