Microsoft might withdraw from CES, to focus on self-run events like Apple
1. jacko (unregistered) posted on 09 Dec 2011, 09:49 1 1
i love android and blackberry but i wouldn't mind wp7 device to try
10. SemperFiV12 posted on 09 Dec 2011, 16:49 1 0
I've had all three... You will really love WP platform, I know I did. Instead of being the best at ONE thing, it is very good at MANY things.
WP for me was the ALL IN ONE package, and I have not enjoyed a mobile OS as much since WebOS.
2. Today posted on 09 Dec 2011, 09:53 6 0
Go Microsoft. Phonearena please give more news regarding Nokia and windowsphone, because they deserve much more attention.
As for Steve Ballmer :
9. JeffdaBeat posted on 09 Dec 2011, 15:47 2 0
Companies have to stop thinking they can use Apple's model and succeed. This can be seen in Palm trying to follow Apple's business model in manufacturing phones and the OS while not lending it to other manufacturers. Google did it differently and because of it, there are more Android phones out there than iOS devices. Plus, any time Apple comes up with a new gadget, every other company comes up with something like it. Just because Apple has success with something doesn't mean that every company will.
Right now, I think Microsoft needs to get their new products in front of as many eyes as possible. Don't restrict your announcements to your own events because you run the risk of not having a large audience.
Think Different...than Apple.
3. LewsTherin006 posted on 09 Dec 2011, 11:04 5 0
the best part about any microsoft story is the pictures of steve that show up. They are always awesome.
4. iamcc posted on 09 Dec 2011, 11:09 2 0
Reminds me of Braveheart...
5. Bluesky02 posted on 09 Dec 2011, 11:11 0 0
Yeah they said they were going the "Apple Route", this proves it.
6. snowgator posted on 09 Dec 2011, 11:44 0 0
I actually think this is a bit of a mistake. Microsoft can easily stand on it's own, but why? This is a good show with a ton of coverage. Why give it up? It can't be a huge money investment.
7. iamcc posted on 09 Dec 2011, 11:53 0 0
I agree. In my line of work we actually won the award for most innovative product a year or two ago and just by saying that I have closed a few sales.
8. remixfa posted on 09 Dec 2011, 14:19 2 1
must.. punch.. balmer. .. must... punch.. balmer...
12. pongkie posted on 09 Dec 2011, 19:13 2 0
Equiping remixfa a pair of iron gauntlets reinforced with brass knuckles with an apple logo on the right and android on the left. Motorized arm support capable swinging crazy like balmer included.
13. remixfa posted on 09 Dec 2011, 20:07 2 0
my right hand just burned under the apple logo.. thanks.
14. pongkie posted on 09 Dec 2011, 21:21 2 0
lol..... quick maintenance removed apple logo replaced with android all the way
17. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 10 Dec 2011, 11:39 0 0
equipped pair of iron gauntlets are cursed with perpetual motion spell... remix, even after vanquishing his foe, now discovers he is unable to stop swinging...
sorry, had to throw in the D&D reference just for fun...
15. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 10 Dec 2011, 03:33 0 0
Notice... the iFans cannot stand it when Google or Android OEM's act like Apple, but when Microsoft and WP7 OEM's do... that is apparently totally cool and fine. Who's picking winners and losers now? Hipocrisy, I say!