Liquid cooling or 'thermal spreader': check out the S7 edge heat pipe insides (video)
10. vincelongman (Posts: 4520; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
It was pressurized liquid, which uses evaporative cooling to transfer the heat more efficiently than just copper
13. Aploine (Posts: 433; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
Rad. I was referring to the whole phone. Imagine shiny copper looks
19. vincelongman (Posts: 4520; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
That would be great in terms of thermals
But copper isn't as strong as magnesium alloy, might be heavier too
6. Quduz (Posts: 83; Member since: 18 Aug 2015)
better than nexus and sony liquid cooling.exynos 8890 throttles less than 5% cpu score 2195-2036 gpu onscreen 27-25fps.SD version gpu throttles lessential than 810 29fps-23fps
23. bur60 (Posts: 850; Member since: 07 Jul 2014)
Saying Sony and Nexus liquid cooler is worse while comparing different cpus? (810 is a dragon)
9. Quduz (Posts: 83; Member since: 18 Aug 2015)
better than nexus and sony liquid cooling.exynos 8890 throttles less than 5% cpu score 2195-2036 gpu onscreen 27-25fps.SD version gpu throttles less than 810 29fps-23fps
16. RoboticEngi (Posts: 752; Member since: 03 Dec 2014)
If it wasnt for liquids, why make it hollow? If it was just using the copper as passive heat spreading material, why not make it solid? Please answer that iPA?
17. Tarox (Posts: 106; Member since: 17 Feb 2015)
oh my god phone arena... Please don't be THAT dumb... please...
20. Arschsalat (banned) (Posts: 158; Member since: 29 Feb 2016)
Rumors: Xiaomi Mi5 Users have overheating issues.
29. ibend (Posts: 4793; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
the cheaper version wont have that problem since it have underclocked SD820
25. robertdenaro116 (Posts: 56; Member since: 07 Mar 2016)
Actual research from the hacks that write at this site is a stretch.