Lenovo to flood the market with 60 different smartphones this year (Motorola models not included)
Lenovo hopes to sell a total of 80 million smartphone units this year, almost doubling the numbers from 2013, when it managed to commercialize 45 million units. About 60 million of those 80 million are expected to be sold in China, Lenovo’s home country.
The smartphones that Lenovo will sell until the end of the year do not include Motorola handsets - not just because Lenovo’s acquisition of Motorola Mobility is still waiting for some regulatory approvals before being completed, but also because the two companies will operate separately anyway. The Motorola brand will allow Lenovo to have an important presence in the US market.
1. Tizen007 (Posts: 575; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Yeah I hope they sell lots. Whatever that can destroy Sony's market share, i'm in.
5. joey_sfb (Posts: 4622; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Cool it. Sony, Samsung and Lenovo are in good competition that offer Android user choices.
Lenovo seem to have the resources to take on Samsung.
Let the fight begins!!
8. meanestgenius (Posts: 6527; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Tizen007, why do you want Sony DEAD. DEAD? What has Sony personally done to you?
11. apple4never (Posts: 1049; Member since: 08 May 2013)
lol, ur such a fanboy you might even be a fangirl
13. meanestgenius (Posts: 6527; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Just forget I asked the question....Smh....
19. kanagadeepan (Posts: 808; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
WOW.. Nice reason to want a Company to die...
2. apple4never (Posts: 1049; Member since: 08 May 2013)
i see that they are going samsungs way
7. Carlitos (Posts: 448; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Well, it works spectacularly well with Samsung. And tbh it's not a bad strategy at all. Send smartphone in to every possible category.
18. Donotnameme (Posts: 32; Member since: 01 Jul 2014)
technically, LG's kinda beating lenovo to that
20. hashimta123 (Posts: 11; Member since: 06 Feb 2014)
But LG is not flooding the markets like Lenovo and Samsung.
15. Lycan155 (Posts: 157; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
im sure lenovo will continue to flood the market with smartphone in the future but definitely not the motorola brand phones, because that is their best line of phones in my opinion . they would not just risk the reputation they made recently for updating their moto phones
im not sure if u understand me but im sure you guys got the point im trying to make ;)
16. cyborg009 (Posts: 100; Member since: 17 Sep 2011)
They need to incorporate a better UI with these new phones.. old UI is hideous and slow!