Leaked accessories list for the Galaxy S7 family suggests Samsung will mirror Apple with a battery case
1. RoboticEngi (Posts: 547; Member since: 03 Dec 2014)
OMFG!!!!!!! So now it is apple who invented the battery cases????
36. j2001m (Posts: 2755; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Hi, the joke on them, the s6/note5 as a battery case from Samsung that looks the same, why are they posting this crap, they have a wireless charging one
23. aegislash (Posts: 196; Member since: 27 Jan 2015)
I love Samsung and all....but yikes...nowhere in this article does it say that Apple invented battery cases.
Merely pointing out the fact that it just so happens Samsung decides to make their own, right after Apple releases theirs. Samsung had YEARS to do so, and never did....until Apple made theirs.
Kinda like how Samsung just so happens to start using fingerprint scanners, right after Apple does...
And how rumors are pointing to the S7/S7 Edge having Force Touch display...right after Apple does 3D Touch.
You can love a company and still acknowledge the fact that they tend to follow in a competitor's footsteps with certain features.
24. Ordinary (Posts: 2136; Member since: 23 Apr 2015)
>Samsung never released battery case
Yep you are right.
26. aegislash (Posts: 196; Member since: 27 Jan 2015)
It's not something I have ever seen from Samsung themselves, and I've been using Samsung devices since the original Galaxy S.
But if they have, then my mistake.
48. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 7836; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
They have. They have one for the Note 5 and S6 edge+. Just because fanboy writers dont fact check, doesnt mean it didnt exist.
25. Macready (Posts: 811; Member since: 08 Dec 2014)
Except that Samsung already started making official battery cases 6 years ago with the Galaxy S and continued that trend.
Cool story though.
It's a pattern here. If Samsung didn't make a headline with a feature and Apple does when introducing the same feature later in time, Samsung copied it the next year. Even though they had it for years.
27. aegislash (Posts: 196; Member since: 27 Jan 2015)
Yeah I had no clue that even existed. I even Googled before writing that comment, and couldn't find any official Samsung battery cases.
37. j2001m (Posts: 2755; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
The note 5 as a wireless battery case, that charges the phone wireless and it looks cool unlike the iPhone case
42. DnB925Art (Posts: 921; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Even as recently as the Note 5 and S6 Edge+ has a battery case (and charges the phone wirelessly instead of plugging into the microUSB port!). These were released before the official fugly iPhone battery pack.
49. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 7836; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
The S6 Edge+ and Note 5 also have them.
56. Leandronb (Posts: 82; Member since: 03 Jun 2014)
Never knew about this case, so cool. My brother still have the galaxy s working, but after buying a moto x he do not install any apps because the phone became too slow.
31. nctx77 (Posts: 1640; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Yep. It's really not about copying or who did it first, it's more about following. Apple does something, Samsung follows. The gold phones is another example. Apple wasn't the first, but no one was really doing it then boom!
32. Macready (Posts: 811; Member since: 08 Dec 2014)
There was a Galaxy S5 gold version. That was before Apple introduced a gold version of the iPhone 6. Apple follows.
34. Podrick (Posts: 367; Member since: 19 Aug 2015)
Some Apple fanboys only notice things after Apple does it. Before that its either non-existent or imperfect.
35. Macready (Posts: 811; Member since: 08 Dec 2014)
Oh and if you feel that Samsung adjusted their color gold after the release of the iPhone 6, because the S5 gold looks different, have a look at the Galaxy Alpha in gold (this time also the metal frame) instead, also released before the iPhone 6. That's 2 generations of phones, before Apple decided to follow.
50. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 7836; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
There was an S4, Note 3 and S5 in Gold. again, just because all the Samsung hating blogs didnt talk about it, doesn't mean Samsung didnt try to set a trend. Its just Samsung gets the hate that Apple should get vs the love that Samsung should be getting that apple gets. simply because Apple is a USA comp nay.
40. BlackhawkFlys (Posts: 139; Member since: 07 May 2014)
There Is nothing wrong with keeping up with the competition. If Apple did something first, it is necessary for the competition to do just that to not loose the market share or better improve on that. Samsung will be an idiot to make it an ego problem and not keep up with the competition. Everyone follows everyone in certain aspects. But, not everything followed is copying. Apple followed the competition in releasing big screen phones, that was not copying, they did what the market demanded which is a good thing. Similarly, Samsung included fingerprint scanners in their phones following Apple which was needed and they did good, there is nothing to be ashamed of.
Btw I am not criticising your comment.
44. Macready (Posts: 811; Member since: 08 Dec 2014)
Samsung already had a fingerprint scanner in its phone in 2005, same spot, from the same company that Apple later bought to implement in in the iPhone.
54. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 7836; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Yes there is nothing wrong, unless you're a fanboy then it will always be.
47. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 7836; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
That is false because they have one for the S6 Edge+ and the Note 5
64. Nallaikumaran (banned) (Posts: 61; Member since: 14 Sep 2015)
In fact, Apple battery case copycat from HTC
67. ecmedic4 (Posts: 323; Member since: 02 May 2013)
Um where did it say that in the article? I must have missed it.
2. mawi2013 (Posts: 61; Member since: 18 Oct 2014)
Samsung have done battery cases for a long time, how are they copying Apple?
66. Nallaikumaran (banned) (Posts: 61; Member since: 14 Sep 2015)
In fact, Apple battery case copycat from HTC
3. readreadz (Posts: 18; Member since: 02 Mar 2015)
The GLX S7: scontent-hkg3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/12715703_1690034424602821_5287470458747473027_n.jpg?oh=7f0f6d8a530bb292c3883f29fe1f29f2&oe=573252ED
7. shaineql (Posts: 344; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Rofl , typical iSheep , thinking apple invented battery case. Plus this case actually looks normal and not like apple hump one.
11. mlodziezy (Posts: 3; Member since: 19 Aug 2015)
Case in the Photo is not for S7. This is already available case for S6 edge+ : Wireless Charging Pack
38. j2001m (Posts: 2755; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
I know what a joke you can also get it for the note 5
65. Nallaikumaran (banned) (Posts: 61; Member since: 14 Sep 2015)
In fact, Apple battery case copycat from HTC
6. Baracus (Posts: 223; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
Typical PA making some ridiculous claim of people copying Apple so they can fuel the fanboy wars to get more page views.
8. apakalo1 (Posts: 37; Member since: 19 Nov 2015)
PhoneArena, what is this CAPTION for?
please write your articles in a professional way, else most of us will never ever visit this site again, let alone write those kiddy articles.
10. JesseJames (Posts: 103; Member since: 22 Feb 2015)
LMAO, click bait at its finest, good job.
12. Carbo (Posts: 24; Member since: 07 Aug 2015)
"Samsung will mirror Apple with a battery case"
The problem is that Samsung sold battery cases before Apple did...
28. MrElectrifyer (Posts: 1887; Member since: 21 Oct 2014)
It only exists to iphonearena after apple invents it...
30. Podrick (Posts: 367; Member since: 19 Aug 2015)
Maybe Samsung used time machine and copied Apple's battery case from the future! iLogic at its finest.
13. carlemillward (unregistered)
The question is: "Will the S7 need the extra juice?"
20. SirYar (Posts: 351; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
If Samsung is anything like Apple, they will put a tiny battery to make sure you so.
52. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 7836; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Really? The S7 has a bigger battery than the S6. Oh and havent you read?> The S7 will have up to 17 hours of video playback time. Considerign the SCREAN IS ON during video playback, that is a huge deal.
Considering that the iPhone 6 Plus has 1/2 the hardware prowness of the Note 5 and less than 1/2 its features, yet the battery based on PA claims lasted the exact same time.
Image if you will a car with a 4 cylinder engine, gettign the same gas milegae as a car with 8 cylinders. ITS NEVER BEEN HEARD OF.
Yes there are some short block V6 engines that do get similar mileage as a V4.
14. GreenMan (Posts: 754; Member since: 09 Nov 2015)
I quote: "Samsung will "mirror" Apple with a battery case"...
Why not say: COPY instead of "MIRROR"...? The word "Copy" would be a tad bit more... Er... Honest, not wouldn't it?
16. banglazbless (Posts: 106; Member since: 05 Feb 2014)
Where is the honesty in any of this? Samsung battery pack cases for the note5 and s6 edge plus are a thing you know? Google it.
57. NoToFanboys (Posts: 1015; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Sarcasm much? Or just plain ignorance?
15. HonestRealist (Posts: 196; Member since: 25 Jan 2016)
The depth of your understanding plays a role here. Yes Samsung made battery packs before. Who cares? Now look at it this way. Apple releases OFFICIAL battery case for their flagship product. (Note I said "releases", not invents) At present the Samsung flagship products do NOT have an OFFICIAL battery case. So what does samsung do? (on their next flagship)? yup take a moment... let it sink in... Hence the term "mirror". One would think this is easy to understand, yet every single day I hop on to sites like this just to amaze myself at the ignorance in the world :)
18. banglazbless (Posts: 106; Member since: 05 Feb 2014)
How is that mirroring when there's several battery pack cases for the note5 and s6 edge plus that was release alongside those two devices? Dude Google is a thing! use it.
19. kultissim (Posts: 6; Member since: 14 Oct 2015)
Problem is that samsung has released battery case for previous flagships, they re just doing it again, yet phone arena didnt talk about copying when Apple announced their battery case.
21. Ordinary (Posts: 2136; Member since: 23 Apr 2015)
22. Macready (Posts: 811; Member since: 08 Dec 2014)
Nonsense. This was the official battery case for the Galaxy S2:
That was already 5 years ago and 6 years ago it looked like this for the Galaxy S:
Back to 2015 when Apple decided to copy the idea and release an official iPhone battery case.
39. j2001m (Posts: 2755; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
I think you find Samsung as had wireless Battery cases for the s6 edge and note 5 from day one on there USA website, are you an apple fan or just a fool
This is why I was always saying when users send about the removing Battery being a thing was a joke due to this case
53. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 7836; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
That is false. The original GALAXY S has an OFFICE SMUNG OEM BATTERY PACK.
THE GALAXY NOTE 5 and S6 EDGE PLUS ALSO HAVE AN OFFICIAL SAMSUNG BATTERY CASE THAT PREDATES APPLES UGLY CREATION.
The problem with typical fanboys likes most of the writers and reader here is they dont fact check.
Samsung didnt need to make one for every phone because all their phones prior to the S6 and Note 5 had removable batteries. Why do you need a battery back cover when you can just carry a spare battery?
Phones that doesnt have removable backs need such cases, phone with removable backs dont.
Yet Samsung if you Goggle have made several battery back covers for sevarl of their phones.
The original Galaxy S is a Flagship as it is the parent of the Galaxy S family.
Just because blog sites like PA don't bring it to your attention, like the fact Samsung had a phone with a fingerprint reader before Apple, which si the company Apple bought to prevent Samsung and others from having the readers sooner than later, and other features like wireless charging, fast charging, and more...doesn't mean they didnt have it already.
Liek PA just did an article about apple haivinf a wireless charing patent for a device you can wireless charge while holding it.
WiPower patented this tech way back in 2008. Qualcomm bought them in 2010 which si the same year Apple patented that is tech. Qualcomm has supported thsi feature with any phone using the Qualcomm SnapDragon 8xx chipset.
Which means the Galaxy S5 for example supports it, but you have to buy a special back cover. They also have a cover to use with metal phones because metal phones buy themselves wont work.
But again PA made it seem no one else had this because they never talk about the technical advances android has made available. They only mention it after Apple does it which is usually 2 years behind everyone else.
33. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
If i was in charge of this site, i would fire the author. And I'm not kidding.
A. This article is very unprofessional.
B. Samsung has had battery cases for a long long time. And the note 5 has this exact same kind, with wireless charging.