LG Optimus G not getting KitKat in Estonia
LG Estonia says that it has no idea when, or even if, the LG Optimus G will receive the Android 4.4 KitKat update. But they promise to immediately let us know as soon as they know.
So for all of you LG G2 owners who were feeling left out, and even for owners of other devices more recently launched that have not yet been updated to Android 4.4, this might make more sense to you. As many of you pointed out yesterday, how could a random carrier in a Baltic state be able to update a twice surpassed former flagship model to the latest Android build? The answer is, they can't.
1. ianbbaa (Posts: 196; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
One of the reasons why i came back to S4...lg, i like g2 but your updates sucks a lot...when actually will be solved those bugs of g2?
19. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
No surprise its LG, we all know the bad history of update system for this OEM. But not giving timely update is like cheating your valuable customers!
2. Ninetysix (Posts: 1327; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
This is okay. We're used to not getting timely updates on our Android phones. We'll just settle for buggy ROMs.
5. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 712; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I beg to differ, my HTC One is running on Android 4.4 for quite a while, official mind you, not a "buggy ROM".
9. joey_sfb (Posts: 2484; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
The troll is back laughing while holding on an expensive toy less capable than Android 2.2.
10. Ninetysix (Posts: 1327; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
You seem to be under the impression that I'm not telling the truth. You're jelly of my Samsung Galaxy S4 most likely.
11. joey_sfb (Posts: 2484; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
To each their own. But neither matter we are cash cow to our respective brands.
3. kozza3 (Posts: 574; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
LG lagging behind.
Good thing they don't control my Nexus updates! WOOT!
4. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 761; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Oh dear, LG, just when I got a little bit of faith in you, what a shame.
6. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 712; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Honestly it would be too good to be true, i had an LG, got burned by LG with their false promises of updates, the LG 2X took more than one year to get ICS. Not seeing them change for the better too, same old LG, only wants your money, doesn't know what "Software Updates" mean.
7. denmcdon (Posts: 87; Member since: 07 Jun 2009)
If my g2 is not updated to kitkat no later than march, I'll never buy another lg phone again thats a promise.bad enough im waiting that long wtf.
8. sharks (Posts: 164; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
Honestly, LG has such a bad reputation with software updates, it's the only thing holding me back from having an LG G2 in front of me right now. It's so sad - LG you got a little (relatively to what it costs to make the phones!) money to spare to get a bigger and better software team and save your flagships from being permanently stuck with old stock/launch software? Look at HTC - they learned from their past mistakes and 2013 has been their best, if not THE best, software update cycle of any manufacturer.
13. maherk (Posts: 781; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Lol the best? Are you sure? Remind me when was the last update the one x and one x+ updated? The s3 and note 2 are already running on 4.2!! Nothing beats samsung with updating their flagships, then comes sony.
15. sharks (Posts: 164; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
I was referring to the HTC One in particular. I do not own other HTC devices, so i cannot say about HTC's software updates prior to 2013's flagship. However, with the HTC One, the software updates release did beat all other manufacturers, except for Nexus devices, of course.
12. doremon0710 (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 Dec 2013)
wow...the biggest troll for LG optimus G users !
Anyway, for LG, it's not really a big troll since they have bad reputation with solfware updates.
17. mikelemon (Posts: 90; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
Guess you guys missed "in Estonia" which won't affect 99% of you guys.
18. lifeyourlive (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
Get nexus = google support
Or get oppo = cyanogen support
Easy as that and if people prefer camera in phone or some other part of hardware for some shi*ty useless reason then go ahead and struggle with your stupid htc, samsung, sony, lg phones...
20. andruch12 (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
I own an optimus G that on stock 4.1.2 runs smoother than my Galaxy s3 with Stock 4.3, so overall LG is a great manufacturer