Is this the sequel to the HTC One X with a 1.7GHz chip?
While the device currently has Android 4.0.4 installed, if it comes out as the next version of a flagship Android device, it should have nothing less than Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean pre-installed. The phone has AT&T release keys which points to a Stateside release. As to when we might see this released, it seems that it might be way too early to expect a follow-up to such a high-end model like the HTC One X so soon. But these days, when technology improves with every breathe, why hold back on something new?
source: GLBenchmark via PocketNow
1. clevelandiskindacool posted on 12 Jul 2012, 21:25 9 0
Don't you even dare say 'pass' on this one VZW
8. Deicide posted on 13 Jul 2012, 03:05 1 0
Don't you dare lock the bootloader on this one VZW.
2. cepcamba posted on 12 Jul 2012, 21:31 3 0
Yep, HTC should be aggressive The One series is really good and if they keep on improving on it then they just might be able to really go head to head with Exynos beasts of Samsung.
*they should improve the camera quality too
4. MelvinPainter posted on 12 Jul 2012, 21:58 2 2
If it ain't got no removable battery, I don't want it.
5. jaytai0106 posted on 12 Jul 2012, 22:10 3 0
I don't mind if it's a 3000 mA non-removable battery :D
6. JGuinan007 posted on 12 Jul 2012, 22:13 1 1
IT will probly ship with ICS and get upgraded to JB 6 months later knowing AT&T
7. QWIKSTRIKE posted on 12 Jul 2012, 22:19 0 0
Maybe it's the 1XXL that was reported a few weeks ago. It was suppose to have 2 gig of ram and a quad core lte chip set for the US
9. TylerGrunter posted on 13 Jul 2012, 03:55 1 0
From the performance results (similar to the ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T) and the comments in the test this phone is using the new Tegra 3 T33, which has a bit of an edge in the CPU and GPU performance over Tegra 3 T30 used in the HTC One X international version (around 10-15% increase in both CPU and GPU).
Hints in the test>
Tegra 3 is mentioned
Max CPU Freq 1700 MHz (the only of the Tegra 3 that can run that high is the T33)
Similar performace as the TF700T
10. preet27in posted on 13 Jul 2012, 07:32 0 0
might b one xxl..... and with 1080p screen reso... woaa its gna b bad for sammy...... keep on improving htc .. we love your phones. and specially the ui sense.
11. preet27in posted on 13 Jul 2012, 07:35 0 0
i own a one x, but it still have minor lags, and i hope jellybean 4.1 will just blast it and set it on fire. the so called " PROJECT BUTTER"... lets c whn htc will put jb i their phones...
12. ryq24 posted on 13 Jul 2012, 08:03 0 0
if this is true, i bet it will finally have micro sd card slot. they know they make a mistake by not including this on htc one x and one s and this phone will fix that mistake!
13. Berzerk000 posted on 13 Jul 2012, 12:20 1 0
Interesting... I hope it's the quad S4 and not the Tegra 3 though.
Android 4.1 out of the box
1.7 GHz quad S4
2 Gb RAM
3,000 mAh minmum battery (removable battery if it's smaller)
4.5"+ HD display
I would pick that up in a heartbeat...
15. Berzerk000 posted on 13 Jul 2012, 15:06 0 0
9 mm thick at the most, I don't really care how heavy it is. I like my devices to have a good weight to them, so it doesn't feel like they're going to fall out of my hand or that I can break them in half easily. I'd like it to have the ceramic coating the One S has, complete unibody (if it has a big battery).
16. SonyFTW2020 posted on 13 Jul 2012, 15:26 0 0
you know on most all these blog sites dealing with phones i see people waiting for a phone that they want, and I as well, it is so frustrating that they havent made a phone that im looking for, other than the htc one s and the droid 4g lte.....Like with the new Atrix HD phone that just came out, Moto is saying that it isnt a "top tier" phone but they sure as hell have all the "top tier" specs on it, EXCEPT the battery!! And im like how are they gonna give it all the right stuff and not a large battery?? to me if you are gonna play in the game then you might as well go all the way or dont go at all...
17. SonyFTW2020 posted on 13 Jul 2012, 15:29 0 0
Its like the phones being made are half notch and missing certain things ALLL THE TIME! and that is very frustrating...Im looking for a phone that will last me at least a WHOLE YEAR and not get out done by a phone in the next couple of months and make you wish you never bought the phone you have......
18. Berzerk000 posted on 13 Jul 2012, 20:18 0 0
Sorry, but that's how business works. If someone comes out with the best product, other companies will rush out new, better products. There's two methods to be ok with this however;
1. Drop a few grand every year and buy every new flagship that comes out unlocked.
2. Be content with the device that you do get, and make sure it has the specs to last you for the length of your contract. Or at least until you want to buy a phone unlocked or off-contract.