We would imagine that even folded up, the device might turn out to be a bit too much to carry around. Still, there very well could be a market for a handset like this. Would a triple-screen device be useful to you?
source: idkul.com via Engadget
1. Donglez (unregistered)
21. narley (Posts: 357; Member since: 14 May 2009)
Do they have a TED video about this product? I see its playing on the screen but wondering if its about the flexible AMOLED.
3. DrifterZ (unregistered)
Very nice concept. Would like to have one if made into reality :D
4. PROKSHIT! (unregistered)
5. phonefreak123 (Posts: 6; Member since: 25 Jun 2010)
One word for this phone... AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6. deago78 (Posts: 160; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
This could be the most revolutionary design concept introduced since the introduction of the cell phone. This is the type of innovative thinking that has the potential to take a 3rd or 4th place cell phone manufacturer to the top.
7. yahya (unregistered)
the add concept is like the one Nokia uses ! vry nyc
8. don.t (Posts: 11; Member since: 04 Jan 2011)
As long as it could fold flat it would be sick. After watching the concept video I could see how the 3 screens would be very useful. Possibly less scrolling and the dual use would be fun for video games.
9. protozeloz (Posts: 5395; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
this idea is freezing awesome... i hope it becomes real.... as wide as a tablet as portable as a phone plus somewhat intuitive... i imagine a big company applying this to its line of phones
10. Allday28 (Posts: 283; Member since: 19 Nov 2010)
Now this is what they need to be concentrating on instead of all this worthless 3D crap!!
11. stevej (unregistered)
I call this revolutionary, not iphone.
12. ps1001 (Posts: 65; Member since: 14 Dec 2010)
i think this idea aint that new, actually like some1 mentioned i think some nokia-prototypes a few years back had similar design! But, like the old irish gay writer said- i aint too young to know everythin... in other words, nothin special +nothin that cant be done even today...
23. fishpower187 (Posts: 88; Member since: 22 Feb 2010)
hmm, the "old irish gay writer dude"? I can only assume you were referring to Oscar Wilde. I'm sure your cannabalistic paraphrasing of one of his more famous quotes would kill him all over again.
28. ps1001 (Posts: 65; Member since: 14 Dec 2010)
or he'd just laugh bout my not so intellectual sentence.. on the other hand, i aint irish nor english, nor american, nor gay... but u... u got talents obviously...
13. REALLY (unregistered)
THIS IS 1 OF THEE UGLIEST PHONES IVE SEEN EVER
14. REALLY (unregistered)
now what would be truly revolutionary would be a 5 screen phone or even an 11 screen phone haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
16. heyitzme (Posts: 87; Member since: 03 Jan 2011)
People are gonna walk up to other people with this phone and just flip out all the screens and showing off pics of their kids just like a wallet lol
15. werd!! (unregistered)
I would take that over an iphone any day!!!!!!
17. @DiamondVZWagent (unregistered)
Very cool, but, I don't have much need for one at this point.
18. XxVerbalxX (unregistered)
beautiful and functional. would lose my mind if i got that
19. josh10132 (Posts: 30; Member since: 29 Sep 2009)
Awesome idea, now itd be cool if it could strap on to your forearm also
20. phone333 (Posts: 331; Member since: 04 Feb 2009)
Looks awesome! I'm sure some rich folks somewhere have one made already. With all that AMOLED this thing would be like $1,500 to $2,000 ...
22. vincentsays (unregistered)
it's not 3 screens it's 2 screens and a third panel that houses battery and hardware
24. Univice (Posts: 39; Member since: 15 Jun 2010)
Ok I had the same smile on my face watching this video that I did the first time I held a Galaxy S in my hand and beheld the screen and light weight.
25. () (unregistered)
SICK ... i want one!
26. luis_lopez_351 (Posts: 951; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
once that is made we are robots :D(on our pones 24/7 xD)
27. chinakidoliver.iab (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
awsome but a little to creative i wudnt like to carry that big thing
29. Mike from NY (unregistered)
It's a cool idea, and the features are amazing espcially functionality. The biggest downfall is the size. I mean are you really going to carry that around? Well if you're a woman, sure you have a big bag or a purse and it's fine but most men, myself included, hate carying things and this phone is just too big. I mean if it rains i rather wear a hat or a hood than carry an umbrella... you get the point.
But like most inteligent people say... to each their own.
30. TKFox007 (Posts: 303; Member since: 02 Nov 2010)
Just because it's unique, doesn't mean it's practical