Insider who used LG G3 says it will feature Snapdragon 801 SoC
Other specs from this new source include a 5.5 inch IPS display with 1440 x 2560 resolution. 3GB of RAM will be on board along with 32GB of native storage. There is a microSD slot on this phone, which features a Sony Exmor R camera with OIS+. Android 4.4.2 will be pre-installed, along with LG's Knock Code. The model is expected to be IP67 for dust and water resistance.
Some other changes are coming. The Quick Windows case will feature a circle-shaped opening instead of the rectangle used previously, and LG has added new features for the case. We should know all on May 27th when LG is expected to introduce its new top-shelf smartphone.
Thanks for the tip!
2. imkyle (Posts: 1032; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
801 is still very good. Hell 800 is still good.
20. Doakie (Posts: 1409; Member since: 06 May 2009)
I disagree. The 600 lagged like hell in my M7...
41. Galen20K (Posts: 521; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
While I love the 801 performance on my m8, I never once saw lag from the 600 processor on my m7, perhaps you obtained a faulty unit.
54. amats69 (Posts: 1184; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
seriously? Coz I havent experienced any lags on my m7.maybe you used the s4 :)
69. TheGenius (Posts: 339; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
Maybe your father picked you from a subway.!
Coz you aint got no manners
66. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
S600 is rubbish weak
Mobile Cpu are weak vs Tablet or PC
21. Doakie (Posts: 1409; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Hmmmm. 5.5" QHD screen with an 801. Sounds like a valid alternative to a Note 3!!!
47. Gamas_K (Posts: 68; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Oppo Find 7? It has the same spec like the G3
42. rd_nest (Posts: 994; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
An old SOC, deal with it. Other phones will use 805 or 5430 etc.,
Don't forget it has to drive WQHD resolution, instead of FHD.
64. Edward_bly (Posts: 239; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
Believe it or not S4 pro is still alright.
3. darkskoliro (Posts: 1020; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Will it affect sales? No.
The majority of smartphone consumers probably don't even know that there are 4 cores in their device, let alone the difference between a S800, S801 and S805.
4. amasog (Posts: 176; Member since: 22 Aug 2013)
is PA that desperate? they want to write a barrage of g3-related articles just for the sake of attracting more readers, up to the extent they just invent one???
51. LoveHater (Posts: 167; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
it is then also when S5,ip5,M8,Z2,N1,1+1,,, they just doing what they do
7. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3648; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Its going to be hard for LG with that adreno 330 to run the QHD display.
22. ocilfa (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Nah, not really. We had the nexus 10 driving its display with a considerably weaker gpu, and it did rather well. The 330 was designed for these kinds of displays.
25. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3648; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
You have a point. Its just going to bother the geeks who care for benchmarks, but the problem is, besides the QHD (unnecessary pixels), its not a upgrade over the already awesome LG G2.
33. DerryAhmad (Posts: 247; Member since: 05 May 2012)
I was worried how the S801 will handle the QHD display. Then again my Tab Pro 8.4 with QHD Display and S800 proc scored 35.000+ on Antutu. So it'll definitely depends on the Software optimization.
43. rd_nest (Posts: 994; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Antutu score of 35000 means nothing.
When did ever antu score meant anything for GPU performance? Did you ever look like Antutu scores work?
If you would have mentioned onscreen fps in GFXbench, that would be another story. I can tell you that your onscreen fps would be like 10.
45. DerryAhmad (Posts: 247; Member since: 05 May 2012)
I was referring to overall performance of a device. Tho the original post mentioned only on GPU performance. So yeah.. I'm sorta OOT :D
it'd be interesting to see how these S801 proc with QHD Devices will perform compare to the early 2014 flagships. I guess even the S5 prime and HTC One M8 prime will still use the S801.
29. Seattletech (Posts: 29; Member since: 14 May 2014)
Its 2k not 4k so not too much of a difference. But i wanted the quad channel lpddr3
37. vincelongman (Posts: 2022; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
2K can be either:
2048 × 1080 (this was the original 2K)
2048 × 858
1920 × 1080
2048 × 1152
2560 × 1440
2560 × 1600
So say 1440p or QHD or QWHD, its far more accurate than saying 2K
40. Seattletech (Posts: 29; Member since: 14 May 2014)
2k is the generalized term. My point is that 2k is close 1080p screens in pixels whereas 4k is over 4 times the amount of pixels
26. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3648; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
NO. We want smartphones not ovens.
36. vincelongman (Posts: 2022; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
How you used a phone with the K1?
The Tegra 4 didn't have any heating issues, so I highly doubt the K1 would ave heating issues
48. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3648; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
K1 will have, I guess, especially in such a small chassis. :)
56. vincelongman (Posts: 2022; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
We'll see when people actually use it
But for now you shouldn't be hating on it since no one really knows
Also the recent benchmarks aren't as good as the previous benchmarks, so that sugests Nvidia tone it down to reduce heat for the small chassis
59. GreekGeek (Posts: 849; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Lots of Nvidia fans here who can't seem to grasp reality......sigh
72. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
No we want fast zippy smartphones not slow laggy
Do you complain when your laptop gets hot
Do you complain when your PC gets hot
15. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Ignore him zuckerboy he is an htc fan and snaps blurry low-res pictures with optical image stabilisation.
17. BattleBrat (Posts: 1215; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
The m8 doesn't have OIS, and I use my note 3 for quick pictures. and it is the LG g2 that takes blurry pictures with OIS due to its software flaw:
19. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
htc fan ? is there fans of htc ?? lol btw y u laugh ? u used a phone with 2k display and sd801 ?? and believe me this phone performs as your note 3 . u care about specs but important thing is real experience..
23. BattleBrat (Posts: 1215; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Just hope the LG G3 is made out of metal, or that the S5 prime is plastic.
39. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
I hope both will be low priced :D
60. drazwy (Posts: 152; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
I use a Note 3 as well and it's a horrible camera. If it doesn't have bright light, it's gonna be blurry. I've found the crappy focus issues can be minimized using other camera aps like Camera Pro. I'm hoping the G3 or Oneplus will have a good camera because I can't wait to dump the note 3. Other than the camera, it's a great phone.
65. BattleBrat (Posts: 1215; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
*Shrugs shoulders* I've printed sharp 8x10s from my note 3, something I've always wanted to be able to do. Just remember to use Procapture or the Google camera app, anything but the stock app.
73. DigitalJedi_X (banned) (Posts: 202; Member since: 27 Apr 2014)
Why must you troll every LG article? Go be happy with your M8 dude. Literally NO ONE cares that you don't like LG and EVERYONE knows you troll their articles.
You don't like them? Fine. We get it. Now go that way-------------------------------------->
11. victory_zhou (Posts: 38; Member since: 03 Oct 2013)
Well, the source is india so dunno the global version of g3, but also looking forward to it
30. Seattletech (Posts: 29; Member since: 14 May 2014)
Thanks for pointing that out. Gives me hope still
13. diehardnokian (Posts: 88; Member since: 27 Apr 2014)
at least its ahead of the competition by offering QHD display
14. Pebble_user (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 May 2014)
LG G3 will feature a type of focus that will utilize a certain type of laser, the body will be brush metal in texture but the weight will be lighter than G2, it QHD screen uses a certain power saving technology.
31. Seattletech (Posts: 29; Member since: 14 May 2014)
Also lets not forget optical and software image stabilization = possibly the best 4k 1080p video recorder
80. KasiRawr03 (Posts: 9; Member since: 15 May 2014)
Hi there! I'm just confused and curious about two things: Will the G3 have an SD card slot? And is the camera going to be a 13MP or 16MP?
16. euklidis (Posts: 25; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
So insider that have no idea what is the sensor next to the camera... Seems fake, reproducing past rumors. I'll stick with the last one that said about SD 805. Qualcomm said earlier this year that first device with SD 805 will be announced on May... So...
32. Seattletech (Posts: 29; Member since: 14 May 2014)
Also the lg g2 was the first to have the snapdragon 800.
57. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 465; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Let's hope so. If it's packing the S805 there's a good chance I'll go for it, I'll still wait for the Moto X+1 announcement though, wanna make sure I get the best of the year.
24. chadful33 (Posts: 13; Member since: 20 Apr 2011)
Hopefully he had a pre-production model..
28. Seattletech (Posts: 29; Member since: 14 May 2014)
NOoOOoO! I wanted the quad channel ddr3, Damn you qualcomm are you not ready yet!
34. AfterShock (Posts: 3697; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
This kind of leak goes against long history of the opposite.
It also is tarnishing to spec hounds which would not be unexpected from competition.