How to connect a USB accessory to an Android smartphone or tablet
1. speckledapple (Posts: 877; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
I use one on my xoom for playstation games on trips. Quite a useful little tool.
2. valapsp (Posts: 422; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
Will Nexus 7 get USB flash drive support via a software update? If I'm not making mistake right now it's possible if rooted. Anyone confirms?
This is the most important factor before buying the Nexus 7 since you don't want to pay $50 more for that extra 8gb. You can easily hook up a flash drive if it supports.
4. Croxy (Posts: 55; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Just leaving a comment so I can get notified if someone replies to you :D
7. Asasindude26 (Posts: 33; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
Yeah when rooted yes :D But I have a question.... If I root my nexus 7 but don't install any custom ROMS will i recive Android OS updates from Google as I would without rooting? :) Thnx for replies
8. valapsp (Posts: 422; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
I'm not so sure but i think you wont get the OS updates automatically since this doesn't have to do anything with custom ROMs. And this is the main obstacle preventing me from rooting.
3. rd_nest (Posts: 534; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
If anyone has SGS3, just check this:
It's long, but you won't need anything else.
5. borganwa (Posts: 5; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
It works with all 2011 and 2012 Xperia (2011' Xperia needs root to access USB flash drives)